Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oilers goalie moves

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Oilers goalie moves

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Husso is UFA at seasons end, not RFA.

Toronto sports media spin more BS than anyone but generally speaking, when EF, Dreger, Seravelli or CJ talk, I'll pay more attention.
    my bad, Thanks!. That basically makes him impossible to acquire IMO.
    The Blues will want him for a playoff run and he is valuable to them in the short-term. No team is going to want to acquire him for long-term services given his limited play.

Even a sign and trade would be difficult because the acquiring team will want to underpay whereas his agent will encourage him to go to market give he is acquiring UFA status.
    I don't see the Oilers making a trade for a goalie, a big splash is not available in-season (I would still acquire MAF for Koskinen+ 1st today) and a small splash is difficult given the Oilers do not have a 2nd or 3rd.
    Get Smith healthy and run Smith + Skinner for the remainder of the year and hope for the best.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Recruit

If Dallas drops out of contention then some package could be made for Holtby (cheap salary), but they would have to win a bidding war with Washington most likely. So they could try a deal with Washington to pickup their #3 (Vanecek) if the Caps go after Holtby (or anyone else). Still would need to dump Koskinen's salary in any case.

Swing for the fences with either MA Fleury, Carey Price, or Varlamov. Varly makes the most sense and probably costs the least to obtain but would still be pricey.

Crazy gamble would be: Binnington. I bet the Blues would be willing to move Binnington's contract cheaply otherwise they probably can't afford Husso next year and beyond so they could take Koskinen back as part of the package. With Lindgren and Hofer performing better as a backup than Binner now is the time for the Oil to strike.
    This is similiar to the Matt Murray situation but Binnington hasn't had an epic fall from grace as much as Murray so feels "safer".

Middle of the road options (affordable) would be James Reimer, Joonas Korpisalo, Chris Driedger, or Alex Georgiev.

The Great One

Why Price? He appears to be nowhere near game action and is really expensive. No way that makes any sense. The only real possibility I see here is Varlamov.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think the Isles are trading Varlamov. It was pointed out that if they do there is no other Russians on the roster for Sorokin.

The Great One

Golyshev will be there shortly.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch