Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oilers goalie moves

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Oilers goalie moves

Lots of chatter in the last few days about the Oilers goalie situation. Friedman and Marek both seemed to think it had hit a breaking point and that the Oilers need (not want) to do something very soon. The TSN guys think so as well.

Among the names they threw out there in the past few podcasts:
    Martin Jones
    Joonas Korpisalo
    Ville Husso
    Semyon Varlamov
    Vitek Vanacek
    Braden Holtby
    Anton Khudobin
    Jake Allen *who is now out
    Sam Montembeault
    Karel Vejmelka

So some names that make varying degrees of sense. Some that I can't see the teams moving without an asking price the Oil probably can't meet, and others that probably aren't worth pursuing imo. But who knows.

They also said they think Fleury isn't an option right now.
    They felt the Oilers just need to get someone different in net as Koskinen seems rattled.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Oilers goalie moves

Ville Husso
    Semyon Varlamov
    Vitek Vanacek

Those 3 interest me.
    Husso would be great, would cost the most and has team control as a pending RFA. Has been up and coming for awhile, is this year a true "breakout"
    Varlamov would be an upgrade and hopefully a steading presence, not sure if he is a long-term fit.
    Vanacek would be an upgrade but not a huge one. Could battle with Skinner in the years to
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Ville Husso
    Semyon Varlamov
    Vitek Vanacek

Those 3 interest me.
    Husso would be great, would cost the most and has team control as a pending RFA. Has been up and coming for awhile, is this year a true "breakout"
    Varlamov would be an upgrade and hopefully a steading presence, not sure if he is a long-term fit.
    Vanacek would be an upgrade but not a huge one. Could battle with Skinner in the years to
    Husso is UFA at seasons end, not RFA.

Toronto sports media spin more BS than anyone but generally speaking, when EF, Dreger, Seravelli or CJ talk, I'll pay more attention.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

I forgot they mentioned a couple of Habs goalies too...no not including that one. Allen and Montembeault. Allen one sounded like a real rumour, Monty more speculation-y. But obviously the Allen injury ends that. I assume that would mean taking Koskinen+asset back to MTL.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

I cant see the isles trading varlamov in the immediate future but he would be a nice guy to have around to play 60-40 with Smith .

Dobber Sports Initiate

They should go get Dubnyk again. He can't even see the crease in Colorado land with 2 injury prone goalies.

Dobber Sports Genius

What about a trade with Ottawa for Murray with Ottawa paying a part of Murray’s contract?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    What about a trade with Ottawa for Murray with Ottawa paying a part of Murray’s contract?
    This would be a ballsy swing for the fences move built on the allusion that Murray really is not a complete wash. That on a far more defensively strong and sound team than what Ottawa has proven to be… he could once again flourish.

But this is a BIG RISK for an expensive goalie on term who has done nothing but disappoint since losing the reigns in Pittsburgh. I’m sure Ottawa would love a do over opportunity on the Murray mistake, just as much as the Oilers can’t afford to make another mistake when addressing their goal tending. (Oh… and not all that sure that the Oilers ARE that defensive juggernaut described earlier… but I want to avoid “spinning BS” Over here in Ontario, so I’ll leave that critical analysis of the Oilers to the professional experts in Edmonton like Matheson, Principe and Axeman)

I’ll be watching eagerly for the Oilers next steps to address their current tailspin. Will it be a new coach? Something on D or just plug and play a new Goalie into the same Defensive system? All sound possible. And with Kenny at the Helm, with his recent track record, I’m not sure there’s much to fear.

A Friend of mine who is an Oiler fan living in Red Deer sent me this yesterday which should be concerning.
    90E6C12C-40F8-43CC-9901-C9B7DFCACFFD.jpeg

Let’s get a move on Kenny, appears apathy is setting in.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's going to be hard to acquire a goalie right now, as the condensed schedule makes those backups more valuable for the team trading away and the team acquiring them. The schedule I think really shoots up a backups value right now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

On Saturday Friedman and Marek added Vejmelka to the list of names the Oilers were looking at, but that sounded unlikely and they also said they were not going to make a goalie move if the price wasn't right. They sound uneager to move a pick in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    On Saturday Friedman and Marek added Vejmelka to the list of names the Oilers were looking at, but that sounded unlikely and they also said they were not going to make a goalie move if the price wasn't right. They sound uneager to move a pick in the first 3 rounds of the draft.
    I don’t think they have any picks to offer aside from the 1st. Their 2nd and 3rd rounders are tied up by the Keith trade. I guess they could conditionally offer one or the other but that doesn’t make a ton of sense. Their 4th rd pick belongs to NJ.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don’t think they have any picks to offer aside from the 1st. Their 2nd and 3rd rounders are tied up by the Keith trade. I guess they could conditionally offer one or the other but that doesn’t make a ton of sense. Their 4th rd pick belongs to NJ.
    Yes they mentioned that on the segment now that I remember.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

That Keith trade is the gift that keeps on giving…
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

And to free up a goalie space, if they intend to move a goalie away, a pick likely is tied to him.

Or, "Koskinen+Prospect for Goalie" is prolly the likely attack Oilers are trying. Moving a 3rd round value prospect instead of a 3rd round kind of thing.

They do have some good prospects in Broberg, Holloway, and Bourgault. As well as Niemelainen, and Samorukov as guys they prolly are open to moving.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

For taking on Koskinen I’d guess teams are asking for a pick and a prospect depending on the quality of return.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: