Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kirby Dach? Is he a bum

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Kirby Dach? Is he a bum

I saw a clip where he was turned inside out by some defender. Evidently a bum.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

The Great One

Hes a good player and the deal is a smash accept but I worry about his fantasy appeal as he doesnt seem to shoot a lot. Reminds me of RyJo version 2.0- valuable when hes a 70 point player or better but really uffers in peripherals when hes struggles to get there...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hes a good player and the deal is a smash accept but I worry about his fantasy appeal as he doesnt seem to shoot a lot. Reminds me of RyJo version 2.0- valuable when hes a 70 point player or better but really uffers in peripherals when hes struggles to get there...
    I get what you're saying for those leagues, but for points only, I think he'll be just fine. He's a play-maker first and foremost, and has never been a shoot first player so I don't think its fair to expect that of him. Also, RYJO was on track to be a ppg player and had over 600 shots combined in 3 seasons with CBJ and then got traded to a defense first lineup which has always had scoring very spread out. RYJO has also had multiple 60+ point seasons while going PPG in two straight playoff years back in 2016/17 and 2017/18. I get that he fell off the last few years (back to 33 points this season in 39 games though..) but if Dach becomes RYJO 2.0 or better... then I think Chicago takes that and runs.

But yeah, anyways, my point is that if you expected high shot totals from Dach, that's just not him. If there is any critique I'd make for Dach right now its that I think he gets caught being a bit lackadaisical at times.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt