Thread: Need some advice on next moves

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Post Need some advice on next moves

Hi all, currently trying to make a push for the win this year. Currently in 7th out of 16 but on a 6 (soon to be 7) week loss streak (yikes)

16 team dynasty banger league
    G,a,ppp,shp,sog,hit,blk,fow,w,l,ga,sv,sho,goalie assist

I definitely feel like I need to make 1-2 moves to bolster my squad if I want to be serious about potentially winning some $$ (my playoff spot is essentially guaranteed barring cataclysmic circumstances, but we can also earn some $$ for winning division, etc.). I already made a big move to acquire Ovi a few months ago so no half-measures anymore. No 1st round pick this year or next year either (RIP), though I do have 2nd-5th this year and next

My roster
    C - Couture, Scheifele, Couturier, Nelson, Toews, Motte, Aston-Reese
    W - Ovechkin, Kucherov, Foligno, Nichushkin, Anderson, Granlund, Goodrow, Hoffman, Hornqvist
    D - Gudas, Forsling, Dunn, Muzzin, Miller, MccCabe, Shattenkirk, Schmidt
    G - Campbell, Kuemper, Koskinen
    minors: Brown, Kupari, Pelletier, Katchouk, Luostarinen, Bolduc, Hirvonen, Bowers, Andersson, Korczak x2, Roulette, Cuylle, Firstov, Oksentyuk, Legare, Brook, McClennon, Chayka, Hunt, Kokkonen, Rindell, Villeneuve, Walsh, Capobianco, Foote, Mitchell, Commesso, Kochetkov, Ersson

I already have somewhat of an idea of what I want to do, its clear as day that my D corps is abysmal (not joking, 5/7 of those guys were FA pickups this year lol), and also I'm not sold on my goalie situation at all. I feel like I should capitalize on big years from some of my guys who may be peaking and try to upgrade. Would love any input or advice on who to ship out and if any of my minors would have any value? I've never been that good at predicting who might become a legit NHLer.

players I've had my eye on are Seth Jones, Devon Toews, and to a lesser extent Quinn Hughes, Matt Dumba, Ghost, Krug, Morrissey. All theoretically getable as they're all rostered on teams below our playoff line. Of those 6 I like Jones the most (a fantasy stud, no salary implications, really no competition for number one d-man anytime soon) however he would obviously cost the most. Who would be the most fair target here, considering my preference for guys in their prime (27-30ish range)?

The Great One

Default Re: Need some advice on next moves

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post
    Hi all, currently trying to make a push for the win this year. Currently in 7th out of 16 but on a 6 (soon to be 7) week loss streak (yikes)

16 team dynasty banger league
    G,a,ppp,shp,sog,hit,blk,fow,w,l,ga,sv,sho,goalie assist

I definitely feel like I need to make 1-2 moves to bolster my squad if I want to be serious about potentially winning some $$ (my playoff spot is essentially guaranteed barring cataclysmic circumstances, but we can also earn some $$ for winning division, etc.). I already made a big move to acquire Ovi a few months ago so no half-measures anymore. No 1st round pick this year or next year either (RIP), though I do have 2nd-5th this year and next

My roster
    C - Couture, Scheifele, Couturier, Nelson, Toews, Motte, Aston-Reese
    W - Ovechkin, Kucherov, Foligno, Nichushkin, Anderson, Granlund, Goodrow, Hoffman, Hornqvist
    D - Gudas, Forsling, Dunn, Muzzin, Miller, MccCabe, Shattenkirk, Schmidt
    G - Campbell, Kuemper, Koskinen
    minors: Brown, Kupari, Pelletier, Katchouk, Luostarinen, Bolduc, Hirvonen, Bowers, Andersson, Korczak x2, Roulette, Cuylle, Firstov, Oksentyuk, Legare, Brook, McClennon, Chayka, Hunt, Kokkonen, Rindell, Villeneuve, Walsh, Capobianco, Foote, Mitchell, Commesso, Kochetkov, Ersson

I already have somewhat of an idea of what I want to do, its clear as day that my D corps is abysmal (not joking, 5/7 of those guys were FA pickups this year lol), and also I'm not sold on my goalie situation at all. I feel like I should capitalize on big years from some of my guys who may be peaking and try to upgrade. Would love any input or advice on who to ship out and if any of my minors would have any value? I've never been that good at predicting who might become a legit NHLer.

players I've had my eye on are Seth Jones, Devon Toews, and to a lesser extent Quinn Hughes, Matt Dumba, Ghost, Krug, Morrissey. All theoretically getable as they're all rostered on teams below our playoff line. Of those 6 I like Jones the most (a fantasy stud, no salary implications, really no competition for number one d-man anytime soon) however he would obviously cost the most. Who would be the most fair target here, considering my preference for guys in their prime (27-30ish range)?
    Kupari and Pelletier should have some value. But I don't know who some of your prospects are (i.e. Brown is a bit vague to me). I think I'd focus on your D, and just pray your goaltending holds up. Campbell and Keumper should give you solid numbers (though I have no idea if you start 1G or 2G). As for the D you should target - I'd say all of them. Find out their relative cost. Some GMs may be more anxious than others to cash in. It's a pretty general question, so that's all I have after a long work day! Good luck!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Need some advice on next moves

Thanks for the reply dude! Appreciate the input after a long work day.

It is 2G start, and its Logan Brown