Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Your generalizing inflation to loaf of bread and milk?
    IDK probably a good idea to read all the relevant posts before posting something like this.

No. I specifically am not the one generalizing inflation to milk and bread. Just out here thoroughly debunking shock jock hyperbole.

The Great One

Ok thank god

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    To be fair, I think we all need to acknowledge that the current restrictions in Canada are not because of the virus' threat to the vast majority of us, which is very low, but we are at a stage in the pandemic where when a wave of infections rises, it pushes our hospital capacity to the limits. The end result is people who don't have COVID end up dying due to inadequate or complete inability to get treatment. It's sad hearing about stories of people with cancer having their surgeries postponed indefinitely because of hospital capacity issues during COVID--could you even imagine that being you or a loved one?

We are all over COVID and the restrictions, and can't wait for life to get back to normal--but remember that the government *might actually* be doing something for a reason, and that is to save the lives and minimize death and suffering to the population as a whole--which, at this point, is mainly those who do not have COVID but need treatment in hospitals.

Hopefully, after this omicron wave, things will get back to normal for good. The government has already said we will all get COVID and the understand it will become endemic--they have stated this multiple times, so I'm not sure why you're throwing so much shade when all they are trying to do is ensure hospitals have capacity for people that need treatment.
    that is simply false information. My sister in law is in the hospital with cancer, and treatment is on as it would be without a pandemic. And, she is unvaccinated no less.
    The hospitals are not overwhelmed. It is a marketing tactic for obedient folks to get their jabs done.

Ah, anecdotal evidence from a specific location and a singular experience. The best kind of evidence!

Dobber Sports Initiate

first hand accounts from a hospital through family is better evidence than the garbage you hear on the news. I have friends who work in AHS as well who say it's not overwhelmed.

But that's not good enough for you I guess lol.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    first hand accounts from a hospital through family is better evidence than the garbage you hear on the news. I have friends who work in AHS as well who say it's not overwhelmed.

I also know someone who smoked but didn't get lung cancer. That firsthand account of someone sure is more valuable than the decades of studies and data that suggest smoking causes lung cancer.

Dobber Sports Icon

My wife works casually in a hospital in Edmonton. Here's the email she received this afternoon from her supervisor:

"Hi All, I am looking for help for all days next week and for the next four weeks. If you are available any day, even if it is just part of the day please let me know!"

That's the first time since she's been licensed (2008) that she's ever read an email of that sort. Hospitals, at least here in Alberta, are having major staffing issues right now.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    My wife works casually in a hospital in Edmonton. Here's the email she received this afternoon from her supervisor:

"Hi All, I am looking for help for all days next week and for the next four weeks. If you are available any day, even if it is just part of the day please let me know!"

That's the first time since she's been licensed (2008) that she's ever read an email of that sort. Hospitals, at least here in Alberta, are having major staffing issues right now.
    not the same in Calgary then.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'll give you a quick reason why the hospitals are at "a disfunctional state". AHS is the biggest mismanaged company in the province where money is thrown around like its nothing.

That place needs a massive overhaul and then some.

Dobber Sports Star

I'll give you a quick reason why the hospitals are at "a disfunctional state". AHS is the biggest mismanaged company in the province where money is thrown around like its nothing.

You really do have all the answers. A true modern genius.

not according to my eyes and ears IN Calgary hospitals. But if its on the news it must be true right.

Wait so which is it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Wait so which is it.
    both genius.