Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

Take note Canada.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...cases-vaccine/

"Instead we must learn to live with Covid in the same way we have to live with flu."

Well no sh!t. A lot of people are going to be real sad that covid is over and they can't huddle in their basements any more in fear. I think this should set things in motion here as well but our cowardly government will lag behind at least a half a year if not longer.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

I like huddling in my basement. My mancave is my safe space. Free of people. Plus there's beer, lots of beer.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Take note Canada.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...cases-vaccine/

"Instead we must learn to live with Covid in the same way we have to live with flu."

Well no sh!t. A lot of people are going to be real sad that covid is over and they can't huddle in their basements any more in fear. I think this should set things in motion here as well but our cowardly government will lag behind at least a half a year if not longer.
    To be fair, I think we all need to acknowledge that the current restrictions in Canada are not because of the virus' threat to the vast majority of us, which is very low, but we are at a stage in the pandemic where when a wave of infections rises, it pushes our hospital capacity to the limits. The end result is people who don't have COVID end up dying due to inadequate or complete inability to get treatment. It's sad hearing about stories of people with cancer having their surgeries postponed indefinitely because of hospital capacity issues during COVID--could you even imagine that being you or a loved one?

We are all over COVID and the restrictions, and can't wait for life to get back to normal--but remember that the government *might actually* be doing something for a reason, and that is to save the lives and minimize death and suffering to the population as a whole--which, at this point, is mainly those who do not have COVID but need treatment in hospitals.

Hopefully, after this omicron wave, things will get back to normal for good. The government has already said we will all get COVID and the understand it will become endemic--they have stated this multiple times, so I'm not sure why you're throwing so much shade when all they are trying to do is ensure hospitals have capacity for people that need treatment.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    To be fair, I think we all need to acknowledge that the current restrictions in Canada are not because of the virus' threat to the vast majority of us, which is very low, but we are at a stage in the pandemic where when a wave of infections rises, it pushes our hospital capacity to the limits. The end result is people who don't have COVID end up dying due to inadequate or complete inability to get treatment. It's sad hearing about stories of people with cancer having their surgeries postponed indefinitely because of hospital capacity issues during COVID--could you even imagine that being you or a loved one?

We are all over COVID and the restrictions, and can't wait for life to get back to normal--but remember that the government *might actually* be doing something for a reason, and that is to save the lives and minimize death and suffering to the population as a whole--which, at this point, is mainly those who do not have COVID but need treatment in hospitals.

Hopefully, after this omicron wave, things will get back to normal for good. The government has already said we will all get COVID and the understand it will become endemic--they have stated this multiple times, so I'm not sure why you're throwing so much shade when all they are trying to do is ensure hospitals have capacity for people that need treatment.
    Do you know the treatment protocol aside from end game respirators in ICU? Does it do anything? We would be better off converting large commercial spaces that currently do not have renters into field hospitals and have staff there to monitor the covid hospitalized than keeping them in the general public.

It's going to be sad when this is over and our governments poor management including the rampant spending is not criticized because they did what they had to do. Enjoy your $7.00 loaf of bread and $10 jug of milk.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Do you know the treatment protocol aside from end game respirators in ICU? Does it do anything? We would be better off converting large commercial spaces that currently do not have renters into field hospitals and have staff there to monitor the covid hospitalized than keeping them in the general public.

It's going to be sad when this is over and our governments poor management including the rampant spending is not criticized because they did what they had to do. Enjoy your $7.00 loaf of bread and $10 jug of milk.
    Would the staffing of the mentioned field hospitals not be part of the spending that would lead to the increased cost of bread and milk?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Would the staffing of the mentioned field hospitals not be part of the spending that would lead to the increased cost of bread and milk?
    Minor compared to bailing out countless companies because you won't let them operate normally. For sure there had to be money spent on this pandemic but the government has been reckless and hasn't really lead us to any better of a result.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

As of today a loaf of bread at superstore is $3.00 and a 4L jug of milk is $4.65

If inflation was 15% a year bread and milk wouldn’t reach those prices until 2028. Since 1960 Canada has never experienced a single year of 15% inflation, let alone a sustained period.

If inflation was 10% a year bread and milk wouldn’t reach those prices until 2031. Canada has had one sustained period of 10% inflation, from 1974-1982. That time period would still not take us from today until 2031.

For fun, inflation would have to be 130% for bread and milk to reach those prices next year.

I’ll take the under on $7 bread and $10 milk.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Can we merge this with the other lunatic thread to keep them all in one cesspool?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Minor compared to bailing out countless companies because you won't let them operate normally. For sure there had to be money spent on this pandemic but the government has been reckless and hasn't really lead us to any better of a result.
    Where does the staffing come from though? My understanding is there is a shortage of health care staffing available already?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As of today a loaf of bread at superstore is $3.00 and a 4L jug of milk is $4.65

If inflation was 15% a year bread and milk wouldn’t reach those prices until 2028. Since 1960 Canada has never experienced a single year of 15% inflation, let alone a sustained period.

If inflation was 10% a year bread and milk wouldn’t reach those prices until 2031. Canada has had one sustained period of 10% inflation, from 1974-1982. That time period would still not take us from today until 2031.

For fun, inflation would have to be 130% for bread and milk to reach those prices next year.

It's called a hyperbole. Either way things have gotten and will continue to get more expensive. I know you have a strong opposition to my opinion on Covid. Can I ask you sincerely what is your stance? I guess could be even more direct, what are your thoughts based on these questions?

- The severity of Covid-19. How big of the deal was the virus to begin with?
    - Our governments response to it?
    - What do you think the go forward plan should be?

I fully expect you to give me an off handed comment about how your not an medical expert and it's none of my business what your opinion is but if you can manage to not give an inflammatory response to somebody, I would general be interested in what you have to say.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Can we merge this with the other lunatic thread to keep them all in one cesspool?
    It's crazy how hard it is to just have a reasonable statement like:
    - Yes, COVID is happening and real, and we are in the middle of a pandemic
    - Yes, it sucks, and we are all tired of it
    - Yes, governments around the world have been mixed in their responses, and we can always easily point as outsiders and look at ways they could do things better
    - Yes, restrictions have been necessary at times to ensure our hospitals can continue to function
    - Yes, we all share the same opinion and can't wait to move on from this

You'd think we could all just share that pretty simple perception but here we are...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Not to mention, inflation is through the roof in every single advanced economy around the world this year, since, you know, we are in a once-in-a-century pandemic and banks have slashed interest rates to basically 0 and supply of goods are severely constrained around the world.

Er, what I mean to say is, this is Trudeau's and the Liberal's fault!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Where does the staffing come from though? My understanding is there is a shortage of health care staffing available already?
    A challenge no doubt but I know for a fact they mobilized other health workers in unrelated areas such as speech therapy etc to work on the pandemic. Also how much care are these nurses really giving to patients, again what is the protocol? Could we not write pretty simple instructions, keep people comfortable and away from society?

Also could we of ignored the general public and zeroed in on individuals of certain age demographics or of known health issues. Reached out to these people directly through both mass messages, and individual follow up. Worked on getting our vulnerable personal care, vaccinated or isolated?

Instead our response was shut down everything. Pay billions to companies and employees for them not to work. Waste people's life's essentially, limiting their ability to live a normal life.

The Wolverine

It's not the UK, it's England only. The devolved administrations e.g. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland largely make their own decisions regarding covid.

Second point, it's Boris ****ing Johnson. You shouldn't be using him as an example. He's a corrupt, incompetent blowhard that is trying to save his job.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    It's crazy how hard it is to just have a reasonable statement like:
    - Yes, COVID is happening and real, and we are in the middle of a pandemic
    - Yes, it sucks, and we are all tired of it
    - Yes, governments around the world have been mixed in their responses, and we can always easily point as outsiders and look at ways they could do things better
    - Yes, restrictions have been necessary at times to ensure our hospitals can continue to function
    - Yes, we all share the same opinion and can't wait to move on from this

You'd think we could all just share that pretty simple perception but here we are...
    That's why it should all be kept to the same thread. Let everyone yell at the clouds, the lizard overlords, and each other, in there!