Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67

Thread: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

  1. #46
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    We all know. We see the cherry picking, and hypocrisy, and contradictions in every post. We know.

  2. #47
    audiopile's Avatar
    audiopile is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,465
    Location
    VI BC
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Hospitals in BC cancelled elective surgery across the province yet only certain regions are struggling to provide service. The reason for the struggles is a combination of lack of staff (illness, stress, leave without pay) and increased need to provide support to those infected with covid. It is not one problem, its many and it depends on where you look.

    My sister works on the surgical dept in my city. This is what she told me is going on. They are not overrun with covid cases there, they are short staffed.

  3. #48
    butch's Avatar
    butch is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    Location
    ohhh ,canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    my wifes a nurse and prior to covid they were always chipping away at giving her and fellow nurses more tasks with less help as the years progressed .

  4. #49
    butch's Avatar
    butch is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,520
    Location
    ohhh ,canada
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Icon

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    my wifes a nurse and prior to covid they were always chipping away at giving her and fellow nurses more tasks with less help as the years progressed .

  5. #50
    Rep Power
    22

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Some of the uneducated comments about healthcare in this thread are honestly embarrassing. We are facing worker shortages in health care because working conditions are poor and there are better compensated jobs that require far less education and are less stressful, demanding etc and your answer is to pay people less and force people to do work they aren't trained for? Give your head a shake.

  6. #51
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Why don't we wait for the stats and results to hold praise or give out finger waving on the decision.

    We'll see in like 2 weeks the case counts in Britain if it was the right choice.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  7. #52
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    It's also funny that the rule says you have to wear a mask on all Tfl services including the "Tube". So even the new mask rules don't make sense.

    Starting Jan 20, masks will not be required in secondary school classrooms. And starting Jan 27, face coverings will not be legally required in any setting, but the government recommends that people wear face coverings in enclosed or private spaces.

    This isn't a move of "we have to live with it" it's a move of "I want to be more liked by everyone, so I'm suggesting it, but want to be loved by both sides". I'll be curious what private businesses do though. Maybe some places will still require you to wear a mask to enter (kind of like the no shirt, no shoes no service rule). But I don't know what legal action that would cause in GB. In Canada you'd be legally allowed to do that.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  8. #53
    Rep Power
    47

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's also funny that the rule says you have to wear a mask on all Tfl services including the "Tube". So even the new mask rules don't make sense.

    Starting Jan 20, masks will not be required in secondary school classrooms. And starting Jan 27, face coverings will not be legally required in any setting, but the government recommends that people wear face coverings in enclosed or private spaces.

    This isn't a move of "we have to live with it" it's a move of "I want to be more liked by everyone, so I'm suggesting it, but want to be loved by both sides". I'll be curious what private businesses do though. Maybe some places will still require you to wear a mask to enter (kind of like the no shirt, no shoes no service rule). But I don't know what legal action that would cause in GB. In Canada you'd be legally allowed to do that.
    The masks or face coverings have always kind of been more show then substance though. The government has always stated they are required but never given explicit requirements for what kind, how they need to be fitted etc. A lot of people wear gaiters, cloth masks, or even medical masks that aren't properly fitted and in private business or the general public outside of hospitals nobody bats an eye.
    12 Team Keep 3 (1 F, 1 D, 1 G) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

    F: Huberdeau, Kucherov, Crosby, Connor, J.T. Miller
    D: Chabot, Werenski, Trouba, Krug, Klingberg, Karlsson
    G: Markstrom

  9. #54
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The masks or face coverings have always kind of been more show then substance though. The government has always stated they are required but never given explicit requirements for what kind, how they need to be fitted etc. A lot of people wear gaiters, cloth masks, or even medical masks that aren't properly fitted and in private business or the general public outside of hospitals nobody bats an eye.
    At a point it's more about "just wear it" and limit the restrictions around it to make it easier for the public. At first when these rules went in, medical masks/N95 masks were held for medical fields and public was advised to wear cloth ones to help save the better ones for higher risk positions. Now it's 'just wear one" likely for the same reasons some cities say "just recycle, we'll sort it for you" because people are more likely to recycle if it's easier. So people are more likely to wear a mask the easier you make it. Prolly the reason.

    Plus the social aspect of "if I'm wearing a mask, I'm more likely to social distance, hand sanitize, and be more away of COVID" just because you have a memory trigger on you.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  10. #55
    audiopile's Avatar
    audiopile is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,465
    Location
    VI BC
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Pro

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Some of the uneducated comments about healthcare in this thread are honestly embarrassing. We are facing worker shortages in health care because working conditions are poor and there are better compensated jobs that require far less education and are less stressful, demanding etc and your answer is to pay people less and force people to do work they aren't trained for? Give your head a shake.
    Nobody is disputing this, it just isnt part of the topic. We could do a whole other thread on wage disparities across professions and im sure many would chime in. For example, my appliance repair person was also telling me how he is short staffed, it seems to be happening in all work sectors. I have 6 years of training for my job but if I were a plumber I could get more money. Its not an issue just for health care workers is what Im saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    At a point it's more about "just wear it" and limit the restrictions around it to make it easier for the public. At first when these rules went in, medical masks/N95 masks were held for medical fields and public was advised to wear cloth ones to help save the better ones for higher risk positions. Now it's 'just wear one" likely for the same reasons some cities say "just recycle, we'll sort it for you" because people are more likely to recycle if it's easier. So people are more likely to wear a mask the easier you make it. Prolly the reason.

    Plus the social aspect of "if I'm wearing a mask, I'm more likely to social distance, hand sanitize, and be more away of COVID" just because you have a memory trigger on you.
    We must be getting different news because lately its been "N95 is the only thing that may work against omi" and "ditch your disposable"...

    I always preferred the mask to the injection, shame I have to have both now...

  11. #56
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

    We must be getting different news because lately its been "N95 is the only thing that may work against omi" and "ditch your disposable"...

    I always preferred the mask to the injection, shame I have to have both now...
    Maybe my point didn't hit, or was missed.

    I was talking about at the beginning of the pandemic in 2020. And the gov't is saying "just wear a mask" because it's easier to keep this going than to force ppl to change masks and push that enforcement on employees of businesses already stretched thin.

    I do agree, N95, KN95, F95's should be worn now over cloth ones. And medical masks still work but often fit loosely, but I feel like the gov't just doesn't want to bother with changing mask mandates for everyone because "any mask is better than no mask" still.

    I dunno, I'm trying to rationalize something about COVID in 2022 and that's always an uphill battle regardless of what side you are on this. But I was more pointing out about 2020-21 and not Omicron and 2022 with my post and likely that the gov'ts are just not focused on that yet.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  12. #57
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Boris Johnson is being investigated by British police for evidence of multiple events that have taken place during COVID lockdowns in Britain. It'll take several months, but an official criminal investigation has been open on the British PM.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  13. #58
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,529
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Boris Johnson is being investigated by British police for evidence of multiple events that have taken place during COVID lockdowns in Britain. It'll take several months, but an official criminal investigation has been open on the British PM.
    I hope I dont get arrested for suspicion of "multiple events" lol

  14. #59
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I hope I dont get arrested for suspicion of "multiple events" lol
    May 15 2020 - Garden meeting with wine and cheese. Pictured with 17 other people when the rules limited people to mixing outdoors with just one other person

    May 20, 2020 - "Bring your own booze" garden drinks. 100+ Downing Street staff were invited to a party. He claimed it was an extension of the office and it was a work event so it technically fell within the guidance rules. He apologized over it saying in hindsight he shouldn't have had it

    June 19 afternoon, 2020 - Boris Johnson BDay. Bday party thrown indoors when rules were banning indoor socializing was banned. Up to 30 people had atteneded.

    June 19 evening, 2020 - Bday Bash #2. Indoor meeting later on that evening. This is totally denied by Boris.

    September 17, 2020 - Carrie Johnson Party. Breaching social-distancing rules days after Boris said to keep distance from everyone you don't live with. Carrie Johnson was hugging people at an engagement party in a Private members club. Rules were you must be at least 2m apart from non-household members when inside

    November 13, 2020 - Party took place in Boris flat.

    November 25, 2020 - 24 civil servants were reported to have held an impromptu drinks party in the Treasury during lockdown.

    November 27, 2020 - Boris had 40-50 people were in a small room and Boris commented on the crowd inside. This broke the number of people in a room/social distancing rules

    December 10, 2020 - Christmas party with social drinking where social mixing was banned indoors.

    There's more in December of 2020, but I got to bored typing them all out. And then there's "multiple events" in 2021 as well.
    10 team, H2H, 7 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Avg, OPS
    W, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS, Sv+H
    C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, 4OF, 1Util
    5SP, 2RP, 2P
    3BN, 2IL

    C: Varsho (OF)
    1B: Mancini
    2B: Polanco (SS)
    3B: Witt Jr (SS)
    SS: Abrams
    CI: Joe (1B,OF)
    MI: Adames (SS)
    OF(4): Springer, Rodriguez, Jimenez, Lowe, Kelenic
    Util: Straw (OF)
    IL: Moncada (3B)

    SP(5): Buehler, Bieber, Manoah, Ohtani, Kikuchi, Bauer, Gallen
    RP(2): Melancon, Treinen, Barlow, Severino
    IL: Reyes (RP)

  15. #60
    Mr. Guru's Avatar
    Mr. Guru is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,529
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    The Great One

    Default Re: UK to lift all plan B covid restrictions in act of true leadership!

    I can find 100s of examples of potical leaders breaking their own rules.

    Your from Hamilton remember the Brampton mayor?

    Brampton council officially approved a mandatory mask bylaw last month, making masks and face-coverings mandatory in all indoor public spaces, including arenas and stadiums.

    While Patrick Brown was seen in the video without wearing a mask inside the stadium, JP Maurice, Manager of Enforcement and Bylaw Services confirmed that no violation occurred.
    Whats your point? Should Patrick Brown be investigated a year and a half later? Or is he ok?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •