Thread: Drop Mercer for Perfetti?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Drop Mercer for Perfetti?

Wondering if it's a good idea to drop Mercer for Perfetti. We have a specific starting lineup spot for a rookie. Perfetti looks like he's in a great spot, but if he's just going to get sent down again, it would be a waste for me (claims are $5).

I previously almost dropped Mercer for Rossi or Boldy when they were up for a few games but held off. In that case I'm glad I waited. What about this time? Format and team in signature.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Drop Mercer for Perfetti?

Giving this a bump as I didn't get any responses last time. Make the move, or wait and see? I was about to pounce on Boldy, but he's just been reassigned to the taxi squad again.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Drop Mercer for Perfetti?

At this point, they're six of one, half dozen of the other. Perfetti is mainly getting opportunity due to injury, not so much that he's forced his way onto the team. Mercer seems more committed to being on the NJ team full time this year. Perfetti's long-term offensive outlook is higher than Mercer. In a redraft, I probably wouldn't spend the money for the switch.