Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pavel vs. Cam

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pavel vs. Cam

Am I crazy for thinking of dropping Cam for Pavel? Someone dumped Talbot after his last couple of stinkers+injury and I swooped him. Is Darcy locked in to the role in COL or is Pavel creeping to a 50/50 timeshare? Points only, Saves .2 wins 4 goals allowed -2, shutout 3, OT loss 1.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Pavel vs. Cam

id hold on Cam (Talbot).. Pavel (Francouz) is a backup and not 'stealing' any starts, he may get more if COL decide to start managing Darcy (Kuempers) time for playoffs though..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Great One

Keep an eye on the injury to Kuemper. If it’s short term I’d say hold Talbot. If he isn’t hurt the Avs will keep playing Kuemper because he’s got the contract.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Talbot > Francouz
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Right on thanks guys.

Dobber Sports Icon

Francouz is probably a better goalie than Talbot at this stage of their careers. However, Talbot is likely going to get more starts the rest of this season which should result in better counting stats. Kuemper is likely to get injured at least one more time this season. The question is whether he's going to miss a week or a month as that will greatly change Francouz' value.

I'd probably stick with Talbot at this time but be quick with the trigger when Kuemper gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Keep an eye on the injury to Kuemper. If it’s short term I’d say hold Talbot. If he isn’t hurt the Avs will keep playing Kuemper because he’s got the contract.
    From what I see, both Francouz and Kuemper are UFA this Summer. Kuemper earns 3.5M while Francouz earns 2M. I don't see a huge commitment/contract to Kuemper. I guess Colorado will play the best G. I picked up Francouz in the waivers a couple of days ago. From what I read, he is a good goalie, just missed a lot of time due to injury (all last season and beginning of this season). Kuemper is not playing that great this year and Francouz had a few good games, including his shotout yesterday. I think this could easily be 50/50 or even 60/40 Francouz. I'm not saying I would drop Kuemper, but a small bet on Francouz could pay a lot at this point.
    8 team league
    G, A, PTS, PPP, HIT, BLK, DEF
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Veteran

It will be close to a 50/50 timeshare in Colorado. Unless there's an injury, whoever is playing better down the stretch will get the opportunity for starts in the playoffs.

With that being said, Talbot is the safe pick here. If you have consistency in net, and are looking for a boom/bust pick, go with Franky.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sacdechips View Post
    From what I see, both Francouz and Kuemper are UFA this Summer. Kuemper earns 3.5M while Francouz earns 2M. I don't see a huge commitment/contract to Kuemper...
    Go back and take a look at what they traded to get him. They didn’t sign him. If Kuemper is healthy and doesn’t completely implode he is the starter and Francouz the back up. It’s not a 1A/1B. IF Kuemper is healthy, Talbot is the better bet.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Talbot is the safer play here. Francouz likely sees just less than half the starts from here on out if Kuemper can stay healthy.

That said....., If Francouz continues to play lights out things could get more interesting (Francouz was 1st star of the game in his last two starts and he has yet to let in a shoot out goal this season). That type of play might shift the dynamic in Colorado, especially with Kuemper such a band aid boy. -- I would still hold Talbot, but I would not blame a person for taking Francouz.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My first thought was Buchnevich over Atkinson. Then I realized it was the goalie forum upon reading.

Personally, I think that team-wise you want Colorado by a little bit, better team, but less shots against. Minnesota has 2 games in hand right now, which helps. However, Talbot should see the majority of the starts, while Francouz could see the majority of the starts.

Talbot is the only guy under contract for next year, but Kahkonen is a RFA. I think Colorado brings one of those 2 back, but which one depends on play, health, and cost.

I think either decision is reasonable here, I'd probably pick whichever fits better schedule-wise with your main 2 goalies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    My first thought was Buchnevich over Atkinson. Then I realized it was the goalie forum upon reading.

Personally, I think that team-wise you want Colorado by a little bit, better team, but less shots against. Minnesota has 2 games in hand right now, which helps. However, Talbot should see the majority of the starts, while Francouz could see the majority of the starts.

Talbot is the only guy under contract for next year, but Kahkonen is a RFA. I think Colorado brings one of those 2 back, but which one depends on play, health, and cost.

I think either decision is reasonable here, I'd probably pick whichever fits better schedule-wise with your main 2 goalies.

That was my thoughts. Pavel is on a better team IMO but the volume of Cam if he stays healthy I think tips the scale in his direction. Going to ride to Talbot, he should be getting the nod tonight or tomorrow and I want to see how he does in his first game back in a minute.

Dobber Sports Stud

Imo, francouz is the heir apparent and was beating Grubauer when they were both there. They only got kue.per due to francouz surgery.

It's going to be 50/50 or better for francouz moving forward.

The destiny twisted it: Talbot reinjured himself and Francouz put 2 consecutive shutouts. It's still Talbot > Francouz ?
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    The destiny twisted it: Talbot reinjured himself and Francouz put 2 consecutive shutouts. It's still Talbot > Francouz ?
    I picked up francouz in all my league.

He was earmarked to be the starter after he outplayed Grubauer and the reason they let him walk to Seattle.

Kuemper is going to ask for a raise and not get it. Francouz is going to get an ullmark contract 5x5 and take over. He's already taking 50% of the starts and outplaying kuemper.