Thread: Hischier?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hischier?

Will he take the next step and live up to his draft position? He’s had a very underwhelming start to his career in my opinion. The reason I ask is there’s a GM in my league looking for a prospect for Hischier. He expressed interest in my Addison. I love Addison, and think he’s got a decent path to top PP deployment. If Hischier is only ever going to be a 50-60 point guy, I’d prefer to keep Addison as I believe he’s going to be a 50-60 point D, which in my league is worth more than a 50-60 point forward. I guess what I’m asking is can Hischier get to 70+ consistently or is Addison the more valuable player down the road?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Hischier?

Hischier has the upside to be a point per game player. It's important to be patient with Devils youngsters right now. They're still marinating - and it's taking longer due to some bad luck with injuries, covid, and a dinosaur coach - but I think in 2-3 years we'll see these guys flirting with the numbers we all pegged them for. I certainly would not trade Nico for Addison.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Hischier has the upside to be a point per game player. It's important to be patient with Devils youngsters right now. They're still marinating - and it's taking longer due to some bad luck with injuries, covid, and a dinosaur coach - but I think in 2-3 years we'll see these guys flirting with the numbers we all pegged them for. I certainly would not trade Nico for Addison.
    I agree completely here. Every time I watch the Devils play the potential is exciting. Hischier is a wonderful talent. He’s played 261 games but has had really bad timing on some freak injuries. I’d definitely hold on him right now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nico is such a good individual real life player but I'm starting to doubt the fantasy upside as well. I've been holding for 2 years now and can't say I'm feeling that encouraged lately. Hughes is really starting to take off and looks absolutely dynamic every shift. He's also taking Bratt with him on that top line. Nico on the 2nd line with below NHL average linemates... I just don't know what he can possibly do. I think he's better than other similar C's like Horvat and Lundell but i'm not sure by just how much.

Great thread, eager to read more opinions!

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's be honest, most picks have underwhelming starts to their careers when they jump from Jr's to the NHL. Some take a bit longer to hit their stride. Some never do. I'm not worried about Hischier as a quality NHL player. People need to stop expecting these kids, even top overall picks, to be top scorers in the league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's a tough call because while I do believe Addison does have that upside, there are questions on when that might happen whereas, I believe Nico is way closer to reaching his potential and breakout threshold. Given that Addison is so green, there is just no telling what could happen with 1) his development, and 2) the roster. MN could pick up an offensive defenseman and that would bury Addison - just look at Ty Smith this year. In this case, Nico all day

Dobber Sports Star

I would not trade Hischier for Addison at this point. The tide seems to be rising in NJ and that will boost Hischier.

The Great One

These are the sorts of trades that put you in a perpetual rebuild.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    These are the sorts of trades that put you in a perpetual rebuild.
    Just to clarify, I’m the one with Addison. I’m looking to move a prospect.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    In that case I would definitely make the deal. I assume this is the team in your sig? Nico is an instant keeper for you - your forwards are weak for a 12 teamer. That's a good trade for you.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Shoot my bad. Should have looked closer….I thought you were giving up Hischier. Id say make the trade then.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Great One

I make that trade every day, twice on Sunday. For me, I look not just at upside, but the probability of hitting it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would go with Hischier. All he needs to do is take the next step from being a 50 point player to being a 65-70 (which hes already getting the deployment to allow for this. But Addison has multiple steps to take (become regular NHLer, become 40 point Dman, become 50 point Dman - which will most likely only happen if he pets PP1). All in all with Hischier you are hoping for 1 thing to happen, but with Addison you need multiple things to happen.