Thread: Henri Jokiharju

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Henri Jokiharju

What does everyone think he becomes? I see that he's currently playing on the top d pairing for Buffalo but not really putting up many counting stats. Will he be a good enough player to be the centerpiece of a return for a rebuilding team to move a player like Taylor Hall or Reilly Smith? It's a 31 team league that dresses 12 forwards and 6 dmen each week.

The league counts G, A, +/-, PK TOI/game, TOI, blocked shots, hits, takeaways.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Henri Jokiharju

He was thought to be that sort of guy when drafted, but right now, I'd say that I'd want him and another guy in roughly that tier for Hall/Smith. I feel that with 2 decent shots, one should hit.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Henri Jokiharju is tough to get a handle on. He's playing in his 4th NHL season and has 176 games under his belt but is still only 22 years old. So we have some sample size to consider but still a very young player particularly so for a D Man. It's tough to really project with the indicators we have. For me, that "unknown" is enough to make me pretty uncomfortable in considering him to be a center piece in the return for a Hall or a Smith. Certainly, his numbers so far are not what I'd want coming back for a Taylor Hall and his current deployment could well be based, not on his skill level and maturity, but more on the fact that there are no superior options available to the Sabres. I just don't think he's a great option as a piece to build around. He may become a 40+ pt D man, or he may not. It's unlikely he significantly fills the peripheral cats. Realistically, I don't think that question will be answered for 2 or 3 years. Agree with stevegamer in that I'd want more.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Follow up on this discussion from earlier in the year.

I have now been offered Jaden Schwartz, Henri Jokiharju, Nils Lundqvist and a 2022 3rd round pick for a dman who will be one of the 5 best dmen on a per dollar basis in the league for the next two seasons. Is that a deal I should take?

My plan is to completely blow up my team this year for a chance to get a top 3 pick in this year's draft and then try to get back to compete for a championship in 2 years after that. It's a 31 team full dynasty league with deep rosters (we dress 12F, 6D, 2G but can have up to 50 names on our pro + farm rosters). We also use NHL AAV and the NHL salary cap. Points system is designed to represent actual NHL value so things like hits, PK TOI, TOI, blocked shots, takeaways are all helpful but points still rule the roost.

Dobber Sports Star

Seems like a 3 dimes for a dollar type of deal. I'd rather have the dollar (the one of the best 5 d men) and use that to trade for a dollar asset instead of blocked assets like Jokiharju and Lundqvist. They both remind of Brandon Montour in a way. Heralded as an offensive defenseman as a prospect, never an elite guy, but there was always something else in the way that blocked him from having a real chance at a PP1 job. Now he's a guy whose ceiling is PP2 helper at best. I think both Jokiharju and Lundqvist are on that path.

Dobber Sports Icon

Any other opinions on this potential deal?

Would it change anyone's mind if the top 5 dman that I would be giving up is 38 years old?

Deal in question is my Mark Giordano for Henri Jokiharhu, Nils Lundkvist, Jaden Schwartz and a 3rd round pick.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably do that. While you may get get great bang for the buck if Giordano continues playing decently, he could fall off at any moment. That seems like an opportunity to trade him for 3 younger assets and apick, and if any of them start hot, you could do better than Giordano in return.

You probably were a bit too cagey in your prior post.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.