Thread: Anton Lundell

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Anton Lundell

Lundell has looked great in his rookie year; however, Sam Bennett is really looking deserving of his draft position and is centering L2. With the top 6 looking solid, does Lundell have a shot at that L2 center spot or will he be forced into that third line role for a while? My guess is he's there for at least one more season but will he make the jump to the top 6 and when?
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Anton Lundell

Lundell has locked himself into the top-nine for the rest of his career now. With Florida's top-six pretty set though, he's only jumping up when injuries happen. It might be 1-3 years before he gets a full-time spot on a top line. He'll have great value in spurts, but his season-long production will be diminished.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

A lot depends on what Huberdeau does when his deal expires at the end of next season. I have to assume he re-signs; however, if he doesn't that's a big hole needing to be filled and Lundell among those likeliest to be able to help fill it.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's looking great, but Florida is just so deep, it's a matter of when he moves up, rather than if. I'd guess maybe late next year at the earliest, depending on how things shake out for a full-time top 6 role.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with the comments so far. Lundell has nicely established himself as an NHL player but where he fits in is currently best described as top 9. Lundell is most definitely a top 6, arguably a 1st line talent, but the Cats are stacked and a lot of pieces need to be shuffled before the C2 is legitimately his. I agree with you that that is likely a year or two out as Florida's top six are all signed for at least two more years, with the exception of Hubs, most are signed even longer term.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf