Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sent out a offer not expecting to be accepted.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sent out a offer not expecting to be accepted.

Hey I’m in a 14 trade keeper H2H Catagory based league. This is a full blown keep all dynasty league with no cap. Catagorys are Goals assists, Pts, SOG, hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, Sv%, SV.

I currently sit 10th of 14 teams

The trade is my Shesterkin and Ty Smith for His Jack Eichel and Jemrmey Swayman.

I sent this out Valuing Swayman very highly but now I’m starting to have 2nd thoughts. This definitely destroys my goalie Category's for the short term.

Did I make a big mistake?

My roster is currently

Leon Draisaitl
    Jack Eichel
    Ryan Johansson
    Sam Rienhart
    Ryan Getzlaf
    E.Malkin
    Fabbri
    Guadreau
    Hall
    Dadonov
    Kessel
    Radulov
    Fiala
    E.Kane
    A.Mantha
    J.Greenway
    C.Garland
    C.Brown
    Hathaway
    Girodano
    R.Andersson
    Sergechev
    Morrisey
    Subban
    Devon Towes
    Vince Dunn

Gibson
    Swayman
    Bernier

+ a few waiver players/minor rotation spots since some of the above are on IR

Minors-
    A.Barabanov
    Emil Bemstrom
    R.Sandin
    J.Hughes
    R.Hirovinen
    D.Klimovich
    R.Kupari
    B.Leasson
    Josh Roy
    R.Suzuki
    J.Doan
    Alexis Lafranier
    Tim Stutzle
    Cole Caufield
    Jan Jenik
    V.Koivunen
    L.Stankoven
    Justin Barron
    A. Boqvist
    Noah Dobson
    B.Faber
    K.Guhle
    T.Niemela
    V.Soderstrom
    C.Timmons
    Joseph woll

Draft picks are 2 2nds and 2 3rds

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Sent out a offer not expecting to be accepted.

If I'm trading away Shestyorkin in a dynasty for a skater, I'd want to be pretty sure that the skater coming back is superior to Shestyorkin. Eichel could be, but it isn't clear to me that that is the case. The trade is reasonable, but with Swayman you're thinking long term, at least until Rask officially retires.

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If I'm trading away Shestyorkin in a dynasty for a skater, I'd want to be pretty sure that the skater coming back is superior to Shestyorkin. Eichel could be, but it isn't clear to me that that is the case. The trade is reasonable, but with Swayman you're thinking long term, at least until Rask officially retires.
    So you’re thinking it was a pretty equal deal that might turn out well but you’d prefer his side?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    So you’re thinking it was a pretty equal deal that might turn out well but you’d prefer his side?
    You've summed it up far better than I did. It isn't hard to see how Eichel plus Swayman could come out as the best side. If Eichel becomes a 90+ player per year in Vegas, then you're the big winner. But after Vasilevskiy, Shestyorkin is the goalie I'd most want in a dynasty and to turn that into a goalie who's done well, but hasn't really established a pattern of performance, that's a hard pill to swallow unless you're getting a MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Makar, super-skater.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think you're gambling on Eichel and Swayman vs Shesterkin, who is probably the best player in the deal today. It might work out if Swayman becomes who you think he will, and Eichel can stay healthy. That's a big "if" IMO.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    You've summed it up far better than I did. It isn't hard to see how Eichel plus Swayman could come out as the best side. If Eichel becomes a 90+ player per year in Vegas, then you're the big winner. But after Vasilevskiy, Shestyorkin is the goalie I'd most want in a dynasty and to turn that into a goalie who's done well, but hasn't really established a pattern of performance, that's a hard pill to swallow unless you're getting a MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Makar, super-skater.
    I definitely feel like he’s on Makar tier. Maybe not the 1st 2

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think that it's not a bad deal but I tend to be risk-averse when trading and I think that the side you are receiving is pretty close to equal value but is basically just the higher risk side.

I think Shesterkin could be the best player in the deal as others have said. I think Swayman doesn't have a path to be the clear no. 1 in Boston just yet and isn't guaranteed, and I think Eichel is fantastic and could be a complete revelation skating with those top wingers in Vegas, but also is coming off (regardless of what you think of the "newness" of it) a serious surgery. I wouldn't trade Shesterkin straight up for Eichel (or give up Makar for Eichel straight up either) so comes down to whether Swayman makes the deal worth it, he could, I probably wouldn't make it, but my conservatism has bitten me in the past so your bravery might be rewarded.
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Quote Originally Posted by Sidenown View Post
    I think that it's not a bad deal but I tend to be risk-averse when trading and I think that the side you are receiving is pretty close to equal value but is basically just the higher risk side.

I think Shesterkin could be the best player in the deal as others have said. I think Swayman doesn't have a path to be the clear no. 1 in Boston just yet and isn't guaranteed, and I think Eichel is fantastic and could be a complete revelation skating with those top wingers in Vegas, but also is coming off (regardless of what you think of the "newness" of it) a serious surgery. I wouldn't trade Shesterkin straight up for Eichel (or give up Makar for Eichel straight up either) so comes down to whether Swayman makes the deal worth it, he could, I probably wouldn't make it, but my conservatism has bitten me in the past so your bravery might be rewarded.
    Thank you for the reply let’s hope it turns out.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can you get out of this? Like can you send an email..." Now that Swayman was sent down I'm out". Or are you at the mercy of the other guy once it's sent out? I love Swayman but shesterkin is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Gretzky99Orr4 View Post
    accepted.
    Can you get out of this? Like can you send an email..." Now that Swayman was sent down I'm out". Or are you at the mercy of the other guy once it's sent out? I love Swayman but shesterkin is ridiculous
    Lol I sent it out then I immediately went to take down but it was already accepted.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lol I sent it out then I immediately went to take down but it was already accepted.
    Ouch well lol that's life I guess

Dobber Sports Deity

D'oh! I'm not surprised.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I might have this wrong, but I think you've posted a few trades after the fact. Maybe the lesson learned is that if you have that itchy trade finger, posted in here first instead of sending an offer out?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think this trade could turn out to be fine, as long as Swayman becomes at least a solid tandem guy, and Hughes turns into a point per game guy. Good news is that Hughes is shaping up to be that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Yeah I think the trade is fine. I probably wouldn't even trade Shesty in a dynasty because he could be a vezina candidate for the next five years. How do you replace that in net? But I think Eichel will be a good fit in Vegas so long as his body holds up long term after his procedure.

I probably wouldn't have made this deal but I think it's fine. If you're unsure next time, the forum is here for you before you send offers like this.

Depending on who you made the trade with, I think being in 10th place gives you more leverage if the other team is competing for the win. Especially when you're trading a goalie that you can both rebuild/retool with and win with. I'd try to use that to get them to add a bit more next time.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt