Thread: Kakko vs Newhook vs Perfetti

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kakko vs Newhook vs Perfetti

Hi everyone,
    who do you prefer in a keeper league, no position, points only.

I know that they are not regular in the NHL right now, but who do you prefer in 3 years, because I'm not competing right now?

Could you give what you think is there upside?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Kakko vs Newhook vs Perfetti

Very hard to say. I think Newhook and Perfetti both have a similar upside, which is high. Out of the 3, technically Kakko has the highest upside. The thing is Kakko also had the best opportunities and didn’t do much. He is a bigger player, so longer to develop.

To me it all comes down to opportunities for an extended period of time, and grabbing it (top 6 minutes and PP time). Robertson did it last year, and with Benn and Seguin fading away, he remains in that spot. Who out of the 3 will get those opportunities steadily. I begin to see Kakko like Puljujarvi. Wait 2-3 years, but will be great.

In Colorado, Kadri, Nichu and Burakovski need new contracts. To me Newhook showed enough to earn that top 6 spot next year. Depending on signing, he’d be my choice. Then Kakko, that breakout can happen sooner rather than later. Then Perfetti.

Overall it’s very close.
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

The Great One

Agree with the above. They are all in the same tier/margin of error. Dobber has the upside very similar (90s) and 3yp leaning slightly to Perfetti.

Gun to my head I'd probably go Newhook, Kakko, Perfetti. But I'm about as confident in that order as I am in projecting 18 year old goalies...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    But I'm about as confident in that order as I am in projecting 18 year old goalies...
    I love this! Lol

As they’re in the same tier, it could go in every direction. Although I’m happy that you’d pick Newhook… provided you’d have a gun to your head 😂

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks to those who have give their view.

Dobber give a better 3 years to Kakko (73) vs Perfetti (68) and Newhook (58). Should it give an edge to Kakko?

Any other opinion?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

My personal preference goes to Newhook even if anyone of them could become the best choice down the road.

Just think that Newhook has that explosive edge to his game and he should get more opportunity as soon as next season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pick whichever of Newhook or Perfetti you like better.

I feel that Kakko should not be a keeper, since he's been disappointing and is at best the #4 winger on his team right now. Panarin and Kreider are simply better, and Lafreniere has more hype and name value still.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.