Thread: Drop Seguin?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Seguin?

For the team in my sig...

Should I finally drop Seguin? I'm looking to open up a roster spot or two for streaming as I'm behind a bit on GPs and I don't want to assume I'll be able to make it up due to the covid uncertainty. He's been dragging my team down this season, and I'm in second place hoping to win a third consecutive title. It is a 16 team league where we keep everyone, so I expect that he'll get picked up by someone right away. He does seem young enough that he could bounce back next season. What do you think...give me the push to drop someone who I've had for over a decade, or hang onto him and just use Eller's spot to stream? Thanks!
    16 teams, dynasty league, roto scoring: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FOW, HIT, BLK; GS, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

C - C.McDavid, V.Trocheck, B.Jenner
    LW - J.Robertson, B.Marchand
    RW - M.Zuccarello, T.Seguin
    W - B.Schenn
    D - J.Morrissey, K.Letang, R.Andersson, S.Jones
    UT - P.Danault
    Bn - D.Krejci, S.Jarvis, A.Newhook, A.Kaliyev, J.Berggren
    NA - H.Lapierre
    G - C.Hellebuyck, J.Markstrom
    Bn - E.Merzlikins
    Inj - T.Teravainen, R.Gudas, T.Demko, R.Lehner, C.Driedger

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Drop Seguin?

Look to trade away and if no interest just drop imo, Hintz/Robertson have the keys now imo.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd drop Grubauer, Eller, or Savoie instead.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

little theScore article with Seguin's post injury comments: Stars' Seguin opens up about struggles in first full season post-injury .
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

The Great One

I'd also stream Eller's spot.

And 16 team league and you have 6 starting goalies? Seems like an odd use of bench spots and asset management.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    And 16 team league and you have 6 starting goalies? Seems like an odd use of bench spots and asset management.
    Yep, having those 6 are definitely an issue and a big part of why I feel compelled to have a roster spot for streaming. I used to have Shesterkin and traded him away for Marchand. Although I'm kind of regretting that for the long term considerations, oh well. I'd like to trade another one for a top center, but unlike last year, they are struggling as a group and I'm hoping to wait a bit to see their trade value rebound a bit, and it allows me to more carefully pick and choose the starts I get from them as a group in the present. Dropping one isn't an option as this league is goalie crazy, but I do need to put more effort into finding a trade.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll hang onto Seguin for a bit and just do one streaming spot.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by BigDunn View Post
    Yep, having those 6 are definitely an issue and a big part of why I feel compelled to have a roster spot for streaming. I used to have Shesterkin and traded him away for Marchand. Although I'm kind of regretting that for the long term considerations, oh well. I'd like to trade another one for a top center, but unlike last year, they are struggling as a group and I'm hoping to wait a bit to see their trade value rebound a bit, and it allows me to more carefully pick and choose the starts I get from them as a group in the present. Dropping one isn't an option as this league is goalie crazy, but I do need to put more effort into finding a trade.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll hang onto Seguin for a bit and just do one streaming spot.
    Definitely agree your primary objective should be cashing in on one of those six goalies. Maybe even two of them. It's just way too much value sitting on your bench.

Is he back?