Thread: Drop Elias Lindholm for Jack Hughes or Barzal?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Drop Elias Lindholm for Jack Hughes or Barzal?

Points only -- rest of the season...

Elias Lindholm has cooled off a bit after a hot start (2points in his last 7gp)

Meanwhile Hughes and Barzal are on some impressive heaters...

(Barzal also has a whack of extra games, which is potentially of value in my pool with limited moves...
    Games played: NYJ 37, CGY, 34, NYI 29)

It'd mean breaking up my Calgary top-line for this Flames homer... but it's possible they need a bit of a shakeup...

Who do you like the rest of the way of the three?
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Drop Elias Lindholm for Jack Hughes or Barzal?

Points only for rest of season I’d want Barzal

Dobber Sports Sophomore

High risk,high reward, I say Hughes. But Lindholm and Calgary have been solid all year , i think his slump will pass and he should keep producing so leaning there.

Dobber Sports Superstar

you have McDavid and Kuch so I feel you can weather any other players cold spells and maintain the course.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    you have McDavid and Kuch so I feel you can weather any other players cold spells and maintain the course.
    Ha.. right? I’m beginning to feel the pressure of having the two best players in the game on my team — if I lose with these two it’ll be the most humiliating defeat imaginable.

I’d been **comfortably** in 1st all year and suddenly find myself down 15. That’s of course happened while Connor’s been out and Calgary’s gone on a slump and had a bunch of games postponed. Kuch has just returned after I acquired him a month before. Thankfully he’s off to a Kuch-like start. My D has also gone cold, particularly Seth Jones.

The other guy has Matthews, Guentzel, Forsberg, Kyrou, Killorn, Meier, Kadri, Hintz, Hedman, Weegar, Burns, Klingberg, Shesterkin, Hart

Doesn’t look as nice as my squad all in all… but some big producers this year there.

Don’t wanna become complacent...
    But perhaps just need to weather the slump…