Thread: Help on roster depth

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Help on roster depth

Wondering for some insight on a few names on my roster and what to do strategically as I'm in contention.

Obviously I have a few names that will need to be reactivated shortly (Perron/Theodore)/at some point (Eichel/Wheeler) but in the shorter-term, what do I do with:

Stephenson
    Laine
    Barbashev
    *Strome

On Stephenson/Barbashev I wonder based on exposure and ability to sustain pace. Stephenson more so based on when Eichel comes back.

Laine just isn't worth the ~80% rostered rate IMO in Yahoo and Strome I'm just wondering if he's enticing as a streaky producer in a trade when looking at an upgrade.

We are a 12 team, 14 player league. So the waivers often have good streamers (like today, not in my sig but I have Kahkonen for a spot start).

Sad that we have the crutch of COVID designations to not make as many hard decisions this year, as we'll always have someone to sway in/out of the IR+ spots.

Just looking to do a poll for help.
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Help on roster depth

Stephenson - will be replaced by Eichel in 1 month. There will be ofcource line juggling because of CAP, but Stephenson will not have top deployment after. I would trade him now. He already started to cool down.

Laine - please check this thread what could be reasons for his slump.

Barbashev - is 3rd liner when everybody is healthy. He is overproducing a lot, sell him while you can.

Strome - Panarin pulls his production, but he is also in contract year, so this affects him aswell (in positive way). I personally straight dropped him, when Panarin got injured. I am still not regretting it. I think Rangers results are far better than their actual quality of game. Their goal keepers help to mask the reality. This could not last forever. Rangers have only 5 good / productive players: the PP1 guys. Rangers have mediocre team advanced stats.

Perron - he has definitely unlucky season so far. Slump, Injury, now COVID. He is older, there is some natural decline. There could be aftereffects of COVID. Younger Blues guys are taking his (and O'Reilly's job). Try package him in 2for1 trade.

Palat - knocked of the PP1 when Point and Kucherov returned. His shooting% is way high. Time to trade/drop him, he did his job for 1st half of season when the heavy guys
    were off.

Wheeler - see Perron.

Barrie - you are quite patient with him ;-) I think his previous season was the exception. He wont repeat that performance.

Rest of your team is fine. If you post an overview of waiwer wire best stock items and your current league position, we could have better advices.

Please check and comment thread about my roster dilemmas. Link in signature. tnx.
    League: H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, no keepers, 5 FA pick-ups / week, unlimited trades.
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, SV%, SHO
    Positions: 2xC, 2xLW, 2xRW, 4xD, 2xG, 4xBN, IR, IR+

Drop Batherson or other skater to stream into playoffs?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Help on roster depth

Quote Originally Posted by GTX View Post
    Rest of your team is fine. If you post an overview of waiwer wire best stock items and your current league position, we could have better advices.
    Thanks for all of that! (and I'm afraid of the old guys coming back from COVID production/ramp-up wise as well)

Waiver is pretty thin at the moment, best options based on recent (30 days) production averages (based on league scoring system):

Kerfoot
    Thomas
    Hischier
    Nyquist
    Copp
    Kempe

So nothing super sexy. Couple of the bottom teams looking to acquire picks and bodies have the following to offer:

J Hughes
    Reinhart (who I dropped early on)
    Pavelski
    Killorn
    Zuccarello
    Ekblad
    D Toews
    Weegar

FWIW, the names I listed originally in our pool rank as follows based on season point production in our scoring:

Stephenson 48th
    Palat 72nd
    Barbashev 77th
    Strome 98th
    Perron 184th
    Barrie 211th
    Wheeler 266th
    Laine 356th
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)