Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

I can't even believe vaccines became a political ideology thing, and a source of debate. These past two years have been so f'ing depressing.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I don't even know what to say. I know people who are vaccinated and still got the virus, not sure how anyone can dispute that? All of you must know vaccinated people who still got the virus, are you that ignorant??? How can you say it works? Please explain.

Of course unvaxed numbers will be higher, because those people will have worse symptoms. So many vaccinated people (an unknown amount because we dont test every single person) with a basic sniffle or not even knowing they are sick. The covid vitamin helps with this yes, but both vaxxed and unvaxxed will get infected and spread it, that is not disputable and why many people like myself who want effective solutions are not willing to say this version of the injection "works" and accept it as a vaccine. I dont know why anyone would accept this as a vaccine.

Why arent they working on a better one? They made the first one in less than a year, and now more than a year has gone by since weve had it. Same tap water they gave us last year and the numbers have never been worse. Give your head a shake people.
    That's exactly the point, and shows exactly how effective the vaccines have been.

Also, there still are vaccines under development and being made? But you do realize this takes time to go through development, clinical trials, and approvals? And costs hundreds of millions of dollars?

Novavax is coming, and is 90% effective against various combinations of variants. Pfizer and Moderna are still highly effective with a booster against the variants, and even they have signalled the vaccines will likely need to be modified over time if new variants emerge.

Honestly, I just don't get it. What is your overarching world view that is causing you to be so anti-science, anti-evidence, anti-welfare, and anti-public good? Is it that you feel over the past few decades your "freedoms" have eroded (no idea what those could be though) and you feel this is yet a further item in that trend? I just really, honestly cannot wrap my head around this anywhere.

Meanwhile in the news out here, thanks to the unvaccinated taking up 12X more hospital beds per capita and 27X more ICU units per capita than vaccinated, stories like this have to happen where people with advanced cancer are having their surgeries postponed indefinitely. Story here.

I was so polite and compassionate during this whole pandemic to everyone, and tried to stay out of the social media and online cesspit that is conspiracy theorists and skeptics, but I'm so over it and have started to get vocal the past few weeks. Pull your head out of your a**, because it is prolonging this pandemic and costing people their freaking lives.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Probably just another person that literally does not understand how vaccines actually work.
    Because people who are vaccinated are still able to contract it, at a very high rate I may add, and also spread it. Either call it something other than a vaccine or admit this is not a vaccine, it is a covid vitamin that helps reduce symptoms. That is all it does.
    As expected. Just another dude who has no idea how vaccines work.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Vaccines do not stop a virus from entering your body. No vaccine stops a virus from entering your body. Not one. None of them. Nada.

Vaccines stop you from getting sick when a virus enters your body. When you get sick, you show symptoms. Ergo, when the covid vaccine stops you from showing symptoms, it is working. It is doing the same thing that every other vaccine does with every other disease.

Vaccines do not stop a virus from exiting your body. No vaccines stops a virus from exiting your body. Not one. None of them. Nada.

Vaccines teach your body how to fight viruses. Which mean they last in your body for less time. Which means the chance of you spreading the virus is lower, because it's not spreadable within you body for as long of period of time. Furthermore, with disease like covid, you spread them further and easier by doing things like coughing and sneezing. So when a vaccine prevents these symptoms, its working. Just like every other vaccine, the exact same way.

Now, some complete moron in another thread brought up how if you step on a nail and then go get a tetanus shot, you don't get tetanus. I assume some other moron will also point out how nobody spreads tetanus to other people before they get a tetanus shot. Well guess what, getting a tetanus shot after you step a nail doesn't pre-emptively stop tetanus from entering your body. You step on a nail, you have tetanus. Between when you step on a nail and when you get your shot, you don't give other people tetanus because it is a disease transferred through blood, not airborne or saliva. When you get the shot, you still have ****ing tetanus. You don't show symptoms, because the vaccine immediately teaches your body how to fight the disease, and it fights it so you dont get sick, and when you dont get sick you dont show symptoms of sickness. Guess what. Between stepping on a nail and getting your shot, if someone decides to drink your blood you're giving them tetanus. After receiving the shot until some indeterminate period of time (which is entirely dependent on your on body's immune system), if someone decides to drink your blood, your giving them ****ING tetanus. Furthermore, if you get the tetanus shot, in rare cases, you'll still get tetanus and need to go to the hospital to be treated.

The covid vaccine works the same as every other vaccine. People are just ****ing morons and have no ****ing idea how vaccines work.

"Yea well some people who get the vaccine still get really sick and go to the hospital. Some of them even still die". Right. Just like every other ****ing vaccine. Guess what. Your 98 year old grandma still has a very good chance of dying from the flu even if she gets the flu vaccine. Welcome to biology. Welcome to math.

"If this vaccine actually works then why do you have to get boosters? Classic Plandemic lining the pockets of big pharma". Why the **** do you go get a tetanus shot every time you step on a nail.

***If this post convinces one of these covidiots from not getting a tetanus shot next time they need one and they die of tetanus, it will have been all worth it***

Dobber Sports Veteran

Vaccine mandates will being going by the wayside in less than a month. Covid pill to the rescue! We'll just have a sterile society instead, which is probably for the best at this point anyways.

Dobber Sports Star

Because people who are vaccinated are still able to contract it, at a very high rate I may add, and also spread it. Either call it something other than a vaccine or admit this is not a vaccine, it is a covid vitamin that helps reduce symptoms. That is all it does.
    You need to read up on what vaccines are and how they "work".

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Vaccines do not stop a virus from entering your body. No vaccine stops a virus from entering your body. Not one. None of them. Nada.

Vaccines stop you from getting sick when a virus enters your body. When you get sick, you show symptoms. Ergo, when the covid vaccine stops you from showing symptoms, it is working. It is doing the same thing that every other vaccine does with every other disease.

Vaccines do not stop a virus from exiting your body. No vaccines stops a virus from exiting your body. Not one. None of them. Nada.

Vaccines teach your body how to fight viruses. Which mean they last in your body for less time. Which means the chance of you spreading the virus is lower, because it's not spreadable within you body for as long of period of time. Furthermore, with disease like covid, you spread them further and easier by doing things like coughing and sneezing. So when a vaccine prevents these symptoms, its working. Just like every other vaccine, the exact same way.

Now, some complete moron in another thread brought up how if you step on a nail and then go get a tetanus shot, you don't get tetanus. I assume some other moron will also point out how nobody spreads tetanus to other people before they get a tetanus shot. Well guess what, getting a tetanus shot after you step a nail doesn't pre-emptively stop tetanus from entering your body. You step on a nail, you have tetanus. Between when you step on a nail and when you get your shot, you don't give other people tetanus because it is a disease transferred through blood, not airborne or saliva. When you get the shot, you still have ****ing tetanus. You don't show symptoms, because the vaccine immediately teaches your body how to fight the disease, and it fights it so you dont get sick, and when you dont get sick you dont show symptoms of sickness. Guess what. Between stepping on a nail and getting your shot, if someone decides to drink your blood you're giving them tetanus. After receiving the shot until some indeterminate period of time (which is entirely dependent on your on body's immune system), if someone decides to drink your blood, your giving them ****ING tetanus. Furthermore, if you get the tetanus shot, in rare cases, you'll still get tetanus and need to go to the hospital to be treated.

The covid vaccine works the same as every other vaccine. People are just ****ing morons and have no ****ing idea how vaccines work.

"Yea well some people who get the vaccine still get really sick and go to the hospital. Some of them even still die". Right. Just like every other ****ing vaccine. Guess what. Your 98 year old grandma still has a very good chance of dying from the flu even if she gets the flu vaccine. Welcome to biology. Welcome to math.

"If this vaccine actually works then why do you have to get boosters? Classic Plandemic lining the pockets of big pharma". Why the **** do you go get a tetanus shot every time you step on a nail.

***If this post convinces one of these covidiots from not getting a tetanus shot next time they need one and they die of tetanus, it will have been all worth it***
    Can we pin this ?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

The Great One

It's clear our world leaders have failed us and lied to us many times throughout the last 2 years.

While everyone is looking at covid the real crisis is just around the corner.

The Great One

The sooner everyone realizes this is a sovereign debt crisis and has nothing to do about covid or the pandemic the better off we will be.

Inflation is here to stay and has been admitted by our government and most governments around the world. The only thing we can really do besides yelling, shouting and thumping our chest online is to take control of our finances.

Your dollar is being dwindled down to nothing. Don't let that happen accumulate more hard assets.

Dobber Sports Star

Well said, Guru, though I think the pandemic is real. 😂😂

Debt and currency crisis is 100% real, and in the same way older folks who grew up in the 40s and 50s tell stories about $0.05 ice cream, so will we reminisce fondly about $5 ice cream.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    That's exactly the point, and shows exactly how effective the vaccines have been.

Also, there still are vaccines under development and being made? But you do realize this takes time to go through development, clinical trials, and approvals? And costs hundreds of millions of dollars?

Novavax is coming, and is 90% effective against various combinations of variants. Pfizer and Moderna are still highly effective with a booster against the variants, and even they have signalled the vaccines will likely need to be modified over time if new variants emerge.

Honestly, I just don't get it. What is your overarching world view that is causing you to be so anti-science, anti-evidence, anti-welfare, and anti-public good? Is it that you feel over the past few decades your "freedoms" have eroded (no idea what those could be though) and you feel this is yet a further item in that trend? I just really, honestly cannot wrap my head around this anywhere.

Meanwhile in the news out here, thanks to the unvaccinated taking up 12X more hospital beds per capita and 27X more ICU units per capita than vaccinated, stories like this have to happen where people with advanced cancer are having their surgeries postponed indefinitely. Story here.

I was so polite and compassionate during this whole pandemic to everyone, and tried to stay out of the social media and online cesspit that is conspiracy theorists and skeptics, but I'm so over it and have started to get vocal the past few weeks. Pull your head out of your a**, because it is prolonging this pandemic and costing people their freaking lives.
    YES

Dobber Sports Pro

The vaccine works in the sense that it lessens the virus and prevents major complications.

The vaccine does not work in the sense that it does not prevent you from getting the virus completely.
    Unfortunately when the vaccine was rolled out, the spokespersons and experts of society stated that if you got vaccinated you would not get covid, you could not transmit covid, you could not die from covid.
    This is all on video in numerous official statements from government officials and doctors.
    These likely weren't malicious lies, but clearly the vaccine does not work as anticipated or originally intended. That is simply a fact and not up for debate.
    This is where some of the distrust comes from, and the complete unwillingness people have to acknowledge it is scary.

Do I still believe people should get vaccinated? Yes. But does it worry me a bit that the vaccine isn't as effective as they thought it'd be? Yes, a little.

Logic isn't hard.

Dobber Sports Genius

The CDC and WHO agree.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Initiate

the provax people in this thread sound like complete dummies. Holy hell.

I'll leave it at that because I can't waste my time today. But for the love of god go do some research and use a single braincell to figure out what is going on in the world, and why it's the VACCINATED people that keep this plandemic going strong lol.

As GURU said, this isn't about a stupid flu sniffle virus.

Follow the money and you have your answer.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    the provax people in this thread sound like complete dummies. Holy hell.

I'll leave it at that because I can't waste my time today. But for the love of god go do some research and use a single braincell to figure out what is going on in the world, and why it's the VACCINATED people that keep this plandemic going strong lol.

As GURU said, this isn't about a stupid flu sniffle virus.

Follow the money and you have your answer.
    You can't say "I'll leave it at that" and then keep talking, lol.

The problem with the "research" is that there is plenty on both sides. If you want to believe this is a conspiracy by the government to keep control, there is a lot of material on that. If you want to believe that the government has your best interest in mind and the vaccines are the best way to protect you, there in a lot of info on that.

For me, I believe vaccines will help protect you, but I am skeptical about some of the motives. No question Pfizer and Moderna don't have good track records when it comes to scandal and they both have generated billions in the last 2 years. It's hard to not question motive with that kind of money involved.

Do you all think that they have been completely honest with everything they have released?

Rylant