Page 16 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    You see, this is where you lose me. I get skepticism for politicians and big pharma; no question they both have bad track records of greed and dishonesty and biased agendas. But suggesting there is a cure for cancer and the reason it hasn't been revealed is because we are customers, not patients, is really taking it to the next level. That is a pretty extreme view and I would hope that even you can appreciate the level of extreme that is involved with that thought process.

Now, thinking that way is fine; I personally find it a little too extreme to be believable, but that's OK. The issue I take with you, isn't that you have extreme views. It's that you come across with this in-your-face, I am right and anybody who disagrees with me is an idiot type of mentality. You present yourself like your views are the only possibilities, and insult and belittle everyone who disagrees by suggesting they are blind or sheep.

Me personally, I enjoy respectful debate. I have no problem disagreeing with somebody and going our separate ways. I think you might be taken more seriously if you had a tendency to be more respectful with those who disagree with you. I also get the idea that you are very well aware of this, and choose not to be respectful intentionally. Maybe I am wrong.

Rylant
    Very well said. Rep to Rylant.

Dobber Sports Sage

You see, this is where you lose me. I get skepticism for politicians and big pharma; no question they both have bad track records of greed and dishonesty and biased agendas. But suggesting there is a cure for cancer and the reason it hasn't been revealed is because we are customers, not patients, is really taking it to the next level. That is a pretty extreme view and I would hope that even you can appreciate the level of extreme that is involved with that thought process.

Now, thinking that way is fine; I personally find it a little too extreme to be believable, but that's OK. The issue I take with you, isn't that you have extreme views. It's that you come across with this in-your-face, I am right and anybody who disagrees with me is an idiot type of mentality. You present yourself like your views are the only possibilities, and insult and belittle everyone who disagrees by suggesting they are blind or sheep.

Me personally, I enjoy respectful debate. I have no problem disagreeing with somebody and going our separate ways. I think you might be taken more seriously if you had a tendency to be more respectful with those who disagree with you. I also get the idea that you are very well aware of this, and choose not to be respectful intentionally. Maybe I am wrong.

Rylant
    I don't find it that far fetch at all to think "it hasn't been revealed is because we are customers, not patients". It's big pharma in control of the cancer research after all. Potentially life altering drugs/pills get developed, but never see testing phase due to 'not going to generate revenue'. Like car companies that held patents on batteries that would of made electric cars viable sooner. If anything the more unbelievable part would be them actually having a cure.

In a section of the book "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer" he talks about how their pill for a rare type of cancer was 'axed' due to the higher ups not thinking it would generate enough revenue. A group of the researchers secretly pushed it into testing phase anyway to get it onto the market.
    Each type of cancer is different and need to be tackled differently, and a lot of times rarer forms of cancer will not get the research for financial reasons.

So do they have a cure? Maybe to some, but I don't think they are looking for cures. Prevention and counteractive (the money maker here) measures. Enough to save the person, but make money in the process.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Padawan

Rep to Rylant post 225

Dobber Sports Initiate

Rylant
    I didn't suggest there is a cure for cancer. But you gotta be incredibly stupid to think billions of dollars with all these brainiacs wouldn't have gotten something done.
    As was mentioned later in the thread, it is 100% because healthy people don't make big pharma money.

If you don't believe Big Pharma controls a lot (which I am not suggesting you specifically do Rylant), then you don't know much about the big scary world. Plain and simple.

As for me being more respectful with those that disagree? I think that works both ways. IF anything it is the likes of rataylor who are more disrespectful than anyone else towards the people that don't follow the mass media hysteria.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I didn't suggest there is a cure for cancer. But you gotta be incredibly stupid to think billions of dollars with all these brainiacs wouldn't have gotten something done.
    As was mentioned later in the thread, it is 100% because healthy people don't make big pharma money.

If you don't believe Big Pharma controls a lot (which I am not suggesting you specifically do Rylant), then you don't know much about the big scary world. Plain and simple.

As for me being more respectful with those that disagree? I think that works both ways. IF anything it is the likes of rataylor who are more disrespectful than anyone else towards the people that don't follow the mass media hysteria.
    Living rent free in your head though. Every message you type references me lmao.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh man, if you think so sure. You are the last person that lives in my head lol. I forgot some people's world are their moms basement with no obligations.

When will I ever learn.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    National Post is a well known right wing screech site.

As for truckers... did they really think they could be vaccine exempt and still cross between national borders when every other industry has followed suit? Let the 10% of un-vaxxed truckers take the hit and probably lose their jobs, the industry will adjust fine
    Although I agree, there is a huge shortage of truck drivers. To lose 10% would be very impactful.

Dobber Sports Star

But you gotta be incredibly stupid to think billions of dollars with all these brainiacs wouldn't have gotten something done.
    What a painfully ignorant and simplistic view of the world you have.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What a painfully ignorant and simplistic view of the world you have.
    It’s like. Tell me you have completely no idea how complex all of this is without telling me you have no idea how complex all of this is.

Dobber Sports Star

So a few things about your post.

I do think big pharma controls a lot. As far as your statements on cancer. So cancer is an umbrella term for literally hundreds of different types of diseases. They can affect tissue differently. In all probability, there will never be a generic cure for cancer. But you imply we haven't gotten anything done? That seems strange to me. There have been huge recent milestones in cancer detection and treatment. Pain management advances are also significant. Cancer survival rates have doubled in the last 50 years. I would understand a stance of "we should be further along than we are", but to suggest we haven't gotten anything done, is silly.

And there is no question that people on both sides of this forum can have a tendency to lack respect. If you asked me, I would say the same them as well. However, if anybody ever said "ya, sure I am disrespectful, but this person is too!" My response would always be "really? That's a shitty reason to justify your poor behavior."

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

The empty shelves are beginning to occur...This is one decision that makes zero since healthcare systems worry be damned.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...-consumers-at/

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...ing-the-border

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...hing-up-prices
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The empty shelves are beginning to occur...This is one decision that makes zero since healthcare systems worry be damned.

Interestingly, one of those articles points out that the US has the exact same rules for trucks going the other way.... which kinda makes me think that if the Canadian government cancelled the policy nothing would change
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Interestingly, one of those articles points out that the US has the exact same rules for trucks going the other way.... which kinda makes me think that if the Canadian government cancelled the policy nothing would change
    That argument can be applied for so many things. It would be the same as Canada opting out of the Paris accord because we only produce 1.5% of emissions and China alone produces more emissions than the rest of the countries in that agreement alone.

Point being if we decided to not go along we would of put pressure on US to do same. Also, not doing something that is right because another country has a different policy isn't right.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

I am quite confident Canada has zero ability to put any pressure on the US.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

That's unfortunate. If only these selfish truckers would get vaccinated we could have avoided this.