Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No stuffy. You cannot ask me a single question. Imagine living in 2022 and thinking "cancer" is a singular disease.
    ahhh thanks for confirming! Keep donating and wasting your money to yearly runs then pal. Big Pharma will save you one day too! /sarcasm

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    No stuffy. You cannot ask me a single question. Imagine living in 2022 and thinking "cancer" is a singular disease.
    Holy ****. This is like bringing back someone from the ****ing 1400s. I mean how can adults be this truly stupid.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Here is the CDC Summary (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...cid=mm7104e1_w)

Summary
    What is already known about this topic?

Data are limited regarding the risks for SARS-CoV-2 infection and hospitalization after COVID-19 vaccination and previous infection.

What is added by this report?

During May–November 2021, case and hospitalization rates were highest among persons who were unvaccinated without a previous diagnosis. Before Delta became the predominant variant in June, case rates were higher among persons who survived a previous infection than persons who were vaccinated alone. By early October, persons who survived a previous infection had lower case rates than persons who were vaccinated alone.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Although the epidemiology of COVID-19 might change as new variants emerge, vaccination remains the safest strategy for averting future SARS-CoV-2 infections, hospitalizations, long-term sequelae, and death. Primary vaccination, additional doses, and booster doses are recommended for all eligible persons. Additional future recommendations for vaccine doses might be warranted as the virus and immunity levels change.
    I love people who doe their own research and read a study summary then tell others what it says but do so completely incorrectly.

While you are trying to tell us that the study says that people who had Covid are more protected than those that had the vaccine, that is not at all what this paper says. This paper says that people who had Covid AND who were vaccinated were more protected than people who had Covid with no vaccines, or those who had vaccines but did not have Covid or those who had neither Covid nor vaccines.

The paper also explicitly states the following: Although the epidemiology of COVID-19 might change with the emergence of new variants, vaccination remains the safest strategy to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infections and associated complications; all eligible persons should be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination.

Nothing beats someone posting a study to prove their point but actually scoring for their other team!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Can I ask a legitimate question to the likes of Rataylor, forumname, vincentvega and anyone else with their belief system.

Why do you think cancer has not been cured yet? Do you truly believe because there is no cure, or do you think it might have something to do with Big Pharma wanting to keep it the way it is.
    A healthy patient doesn't make money. As someone earlier pointed out, and I paraphrase "can't blame companies for pushing profits". That also applies to pharmaceutical companies. In other words, they will push profits whether it is beneficial for people or not.

Same applies to covid. There is absolutely no need for all this testing and bullshit. But the more they test the more these stupid companies profit. Pfizer has raked in record profits last little while.

Everything is all connected, if you are willing to open your eyes you will see.

There are 2 people in this world. Those who think everything the government says is true, and those who think.

On topic, the shelves are starting to look fairly empty in grocery stores. Not too the point there is nothing to buy, but you can definitely notice a shortage.
    Wow. You clearly understand nothing about cancer or how research works. Do you want to go contact the tens of thousands of independent scientists working for universities, colleges, hospitals, non-profits, and governments working on treatments for cancer? Or are they all in on this too?

(Not to mention the crazy financial incentive a pharmaceutical company would have to actually develop a cure for cancer via pill, but hey...)

Every comment you have continues to show you actually have no understanding how the world functions, including science. If you did, you would understand it is impossible to believe any of these conspiracy theories.

The Great One

To fuel the fire.....I'll add

Repeat business is the best business.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Wow. You clearly understand nothing about cancer or how research works. Do you want to go contact the tens of thousands of independent scientists working for universities, colleges, hospitals, non-profits, and governments working on treatments for cancer? Or are they all in on this too?

(Not to mention the crazy financial incentive a pharmaceutical company would have to actually develop a cure for cancer via pill, but hey...)

Every comment you have continues to show you actually have no understanding how the world functions, including science. If you did, you would understand it is impossible to believe any of these conspiracy theories.
    i don't want this thread to turn into a cancer thread because I asked a simple question. But you believing in Big Pharma, just like the other suspects I referred to, explains why we can't come on the same page regarding the pandemic.
    But no sweat. We can't find a cure for cancer after MULTI BILLION DOLLARS donated since the 70's, but we have a vaccin (some say cure) for covid within a year while it being "super deadly".

I was born at night, but not last night. Common sense is what you all need, not more boosters.

Dobber Sports Sage

Ya this is false... (regarding crazy financial incentive for a cure)

As Mr. Guru said "Repeat business is the best business"

Some cancer's have already been dealt with by a pill (not even talking about chemo pills), but it's not a cure. Eventually more potent pills need to be created as the cancer becomes resistant to the current pill. As long as a new more potent pill has to be introduced (buying time for each new pill to be developed) the person will live fine. And the drug companies benefit largely off these repeat customers.

Also messes with statistics as now current cancer patients per capita will be inflated.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Star

Can I ask a legitimate question to the likes of Rataylor, forumname, vincentvega and anyone else with their belief system.

Why do you think cancer has not been cured yet? Do you truly believe because there is no cure, or do you think it might have something to do with Big Pharma wanting to keep it the way it is.
    A healthy patient doesn't make money. As someone earlier pointed out, and I paraphrase "can't blame companies for pushing profits". That also applies to pharmaceutical companies. In other words, they will push profits whether it is beneficial for people or not.

Same applies to covid. There is absolutely no need for all this testing and bullshit. But the more they test the more these stupid companies profit. Pfizer has raked in record profits last little while.

There are 2 people in this world. Those who think everything the government says is true, and those who think.

On topic, the shelves are starting to look fairly empty in grocery stores. Not too the point there is nothing to buy, but you can definitely notice a shortage.
    Do you truly believe we haven't invented time-travel yet, or do you think it might have something to do with Big Watchmaker wanting to keep it the way it is?

Like time-travel, cancer is complicated you dummy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Ya this is false...

As Mr. Guru said "Repeat business is the best business"

Some cancer's have already been dealt with by a pill, but it's not a cure. Eventually more potent pills need to be created as the cancer becomes resistant to the current pill. As long as a new more potent pill has to be introduced (buying time for each new pill to be developed) the person will live fine.

Also messes with statistics as now current cancer patients per capita will be inflated.
    You do understand cancer is not a virus, right?

I'm just going to leave this conversation. If you're at the level of truly believing there is "big pharma" keeping a cancer cure from us, then clearly there is no hope for critical thinking or objectivity here.

Dobber Sports Sage

You do understand cancer is not a virus, right?
    Yes... your point?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Do you truly believe we haven't invented time-travel yet, or do you think it might have something to do with Big Watchmaker wanting to keep it the way it is?

Like time-travel, cancer is complicated you dummy.
    oh boy, you and your fellow believers would look awfully silly if Trudeau said we need to put fingers up our ass to fight covid. because you guys would be first in the streets parading around doing it.

wow, people truly have lost their ability to think for themselves it appears.

I actually feel sorry for you guys

Dobber Sports Star

oh boy, you and your fellow believers would look awfully silly if Trudeau said we need to put fingers up our ass to fight covid. because you guys would be first in the streets parading around doing it.

Don't worry, we feel sorry for you too. Some of the things you've said in this thread rank right up there with the dumbest things I've ever seen written on this forum. The fact that you're so confident in it makes it all the more painful. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks pal, good luck to you. Hopefully you can outlive the boosters. If you're MIA from the forums I'll assume the worst. Godspeed.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm sure at that point they'd also be willing to let you know a whole fist is much more effective.

Anyways, back to the empty shelves. Happened faster than most people thought, but you're seeing videos from all over the country in various grocery/retail stores.

Dobber Sports Star

You see, this is where you lose me. I get skepticism for politicians and big pharma; no question they both have bad track records of greed and dishonesty and biased agendas. But suggesting there is a cure for cancer and the reason it hasn't been revealed is because we are customers, not patients, is really taking it to the next level. That is a pretty extreme view and I would hope that even you can appreciate the level of extreme that is involved with that thought process.

Now, thinking that way is fine; I personally find it a little too extreme to be believable, but that's OK. The issue I take with you, isn't that you have extreme views. It's that you come across with this in-your-face, I am right and anybody who disagrees with me is an idiot type of mentality. You present yourself like your views are the only possibilities, and insult and belittle everyone who disagrees by suggesting they are blind or sheep.

Me personally, I enjoy respectful debate. I have no problem disagreeing with somebody and going our separate ways. I think you might be taken more seriously if you had a tendency to be more respectful with those who disagree with you. I also get the idea that you are very well aware of this, and choose not to be respectful intentionally. Maybe I am wrong.

Rylant