Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48 88 93 94 95 96 97 98
Results 1,456 to 1,469 of 1469

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Hey PenguinHunter.

Stop harassing me with PMs please.

If you want to continue the discussion bring it here in the discussion forum.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hey PenguinHunter.

Stop harassing me with PMs please.

If you want to continue the discussion bring it here in the discussion forum.
    It's his MO. Pretty common practice by him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

"Don't post on a public forum if you're not prepared to be harassed"

People commit actual crimes, don't get away with it like they used to but instead face reasonable consequences - "Cancel culture is out of control!"

People do or say things that are unpopular to the majority, face minor blowback with no tangible consequences or repercussions - "Cancel culture is out of control!"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    "Don't post on a public forum if you're not prepared to be harassed"
    Don't post a controversial view, if you're a public figure with an audience, if you're not willing to have people push back against that view. This is basic, basic stuff.

Dobber Sports Veteran

He donated money, didn't say anything publicly about it.
    Someone went out of their way to ILLEGALLY hack and obtain names of donators.
    Someone else went out of their way to take a fine tooth comb and pull out names so they could make something out of nothing.
    He then commented on it.

Remove step 2, and it's a non-story.
    Remove step 3, and it's a non-story.

The easiest scenario that trolls will point out is remove step 1, and it's a non-story.

So then you get to no one donating or helping anyone else because of the fear of consequences.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    He donated money, didn't say anything publicly about it.
    Someone went out of their way to ILLEGALLY hack and obtain names of donators.
    Someone else went out of their way to take a fine tooth comb and pull out names so they could make something out of nothing.
    He then commented on it.

Remove step 2, and it's a non-story.
    Remove step 3, and it's a non-story.

The easiest scenario that trolls will point out is remove step 1, and it's a non-story.

So then you get to no one donating or helping anyone else because of the fear of consequences.
    By that logic you could:

1. Kill someone
    2. Have someone illegally hack your computer and find evidence that you killed someone
    3. Have you then comment on the killing

Remove step 2 and it is a non story
    Remove step 3 and it is a non story

Damn those sticklers who want to remove step 1...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

I want to live in a world where I cannot see the difference between donating to an illegal occupation of a national capital and a devastating fire that destroys peoples homes.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    By that logic you could:

1. Kill someone
    2. Have someone illegally hack your computer and find evidence that you killed someone

I think the biggest difference is that 'step one - kill someone' is not protected by confidentiality or privacy act.

If you kill someone... then the cops and investigators are looking into the murder.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    By that logic you could:

1. Kill someone

OJ Simpson.

Legally this stuff changes things, but public opinion and real actions are very different from legal side. Public opinion is OJ Simpson is a murderer. The evidence looked real bad that OJ is a murderer. But the legal side is he's not. If Statsny bank account is frozen because of info found illegally, then that's bad. But the public is allowed to have an opinion on what he did with the info out there.

I know it's a jump from donation to murder. But it's the first example I thought of from public opinion and court opinion.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think the biggest difference is that 'step one - kill someone' is not protected by confidentiality or privacy act.

If you kill someone... then the cops and investigators are looking into the murder.
    Oh so sometimes they do see nuance. Interesting.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I want to live in a world where I cannot see the difference between donating to an illegal occupation of a national capital and a devastating fire that destroys peoples homes.
    Thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I read this in David Attenborough's voice

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This is just a guess, but the donation lists of GoFundMe and GoSendFunds (or whatever that other one is) were hacked and released. Someone could easily have just known Statsny owns Walnuts LLC without digging into each one.

Or could be people are just going through each one to show what businesses and owners donated to it. Which...I dunno, I don't think it's an issue. If people are upset and you lose more business than you gain then that's on you.

This stuff happens all the time for businesses on a smaller scale and more individual actions. Business takes an action and some people get mad at it. Toronto Zoo is continuing the vaccination passport and people are calling for them to be cancelled. Collective Arts is the same thing (as they are on federal land so they have to) and they are getting backlash.

It's not out of the ordinary businesses get 'consequences' (right or wrong) based on actions they take. LCBO is losing a ton of money on inventory with not selling Russian Vodka. Consequence for a stance they are taking.

I don't get why people are getting so heated on this. He knew the protest was illegal on some level on Feb2nd (when he donated) and at that time he saw the wrong flags being waved. He chose not to withdrawal the donation (which you can), now he's getting questioned over it. If he loses business, sponsors, work opportunities I think that's on him. It's not like these level of consequences aren't new for corporations. You saw it with BLM and with Donald Trumps re-election donation list.

Gotta be careful what you do when you donate to any cause, let alone polarizing causes.
    Have any of yall seen many websites have long threads teaching trolls how to make fake accounts of neighbors or folks at work they don't like using Kijiji phones or burner they buy for $5 with no SIM cards and public Wifi like a starbucks or Library and then slowly pretend to go crazy? It basically makes identity theft untraceable unless the trolls take the phones home with them to use on their home WIFI....Yeah this sort of internet troll guerilla war thing is going to get ugly and scares the shit out of me

The websites like 4chan are pretty much instructing people to buy Gift card Visa's with Cash so its untraceable, make fake emails of people you don't like with their place of employment "[email protected]", and use this technique to donate so next time something like this happens so someone you do not like is going to have their name on a list.

Yeah this sort of internet troll guerilla war thing is going to get ugly and scares the shit out of me
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G