Thread: Who do I drop? If....

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who do I drop? If....

League and players in SIG

Just made a trade that sends Bjorkstrand and a 3rd rounder for Malkin to a rebuilding team. 3rd was the highest pick i had left and Malkin wasn't drafted till 5th round this year because.....Its Malkin and he is a shoe in to miss 30 games a year.

But when he is playing, he's lethal. Scores like a superstar and is prone to taking stupid penalties, which is good lol.

Problem is, for the first time ALL YEAR, my entire team is Healthy and a healthy McDavid is on my IR. The trade will bounce on Sunday if someone doesn't go day to day or OUT or something.

I have no idea how the schedule is going to shake out. Everyone has a TON of PPD days to make up and that means back to backs and games will be crammed into the schedule at some point. possibly in fantasy playoff weeks.

Right now the weakest link seems to be Kylington due to lack of PP time. But Zegras, Gourde and Marchessault for forwards.

Im waiting till last minute to see if someone goes down with injury, but what say you Dobberites?
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who do I drop? If....

Is your signature updated? Shows you only have 3 D in a start 3.. If that's the case I wouldn't be dropping Kylington.

Gourde is the most expendable from your forwards so that would be my choice.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Is your signature updated? Shows you only have 3 D in a start 3.. If that's the case I wouldn't be dropping Kylington.

Yes.
    In this league it's incredibly normal for the top teams to run 2 d and just stream the final spot. It's a points heavy league that is unfavorable to D. And you have 5 slots you can put a streaming center who wins 7 faceoffs a game and gets 0.4ppg, it generally beats a 0.5ppg dman unless that dman gets lots of ppp.

My biggest problem is 5 playoff teams have waiver priority. And 3 of them were Inquiring about me trading them Gourde. I'm currently one of the best faceoff teams. But losing him to one of them could shift the balance. I also can't trade him Fast enough to make this deadline

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post

FYI I did end up dropping Gourde. I needed to get McDavid on the ice for this plum match with Ottawa tonight. I'm playing one of the top teams and losing the week 7-8, and it's a 3 way tie for 1st currently, and the guy I am playing is most likely to waiver priority gourde as he asked for him in trade several times.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good decision.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf