Thread: Samsonov vs Nedeljkovic moving forward

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Samsonov vs Nedeljkovic moving forward

League categories are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, FOW, HIT, BK, W, GAA, SV%, SO

Not the league in my sig. I'm rebuilding in a keep 5 and seem to be keeping Eichel, Kaprizov, Aho, Boeser and need to keep at least 1 goalie.

I'm leaning Nedeljkovic and feel Detroit is on the way up but I'd like to he's opinions
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Samsonov vs Nedeljkovic moving forward

Tough call. Ned is only signed for 1 more year and then he is a full UFA so no guarantees he's in Detroit but he has looked excellent so far. Samsonov has the higher pedigree and upside but has yet to really take over and the caps are trending downwards. I honestly can't decide, haha. I"m sure this comment was helpful

Dobber Sports Monster

I am hesitant to answer because I feel like my answer genuinely might change several times throughout the year. This could look so different even in a couple of weeks, and also depends what the teams decide to do in the offseason. I would say Nedelkjovic today, but Samsonov is going to get a number of chances to take the net in Washington and could blow right by him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I am hesitant to answer because I feel like my answer genuinely might change several times throughout the year. This could look so different even in a couple of weeks, and also depends what the teams decide to do in the offseason. I would say Nedelkjovic today, but Samsonov is going to get a number of chances to take the net in Washington and could blow right by him.
    What do you think of each teams future moving forward taking into account the ages of Ovechkin/Backstrom/carlson/Oshie?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    What do you think of each teams future moving forward taking into account the ages of Ovechkin/Backstrom/carlson/Oshie?
    I think Washington will still be good for 2 or 3 more years, and Detroit should be on the upward trajectory - they could be a powerhouse as early as next year, but more likely just a young first round and out playoff bubble team. But in a keep 5 I am thinking more short term - 66% next year and 33% the year after. I think I would still take Ned but if you are looking to trade one and keep the other, what trade offers you get could sway me to the other. Sammy probably would get you more at this year's deadline, but you gotta time it right as Vanacek will take the net at some point for stretches.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think seeing what each could fetch in trade makes sense.

The Capitals offense is not close to dead - I think somebody pissed in Ovechkin's vodka or something before the season.
    The Red Wings are trending upward, but they aren't at the Caps level, and I'm fine with the Cpaitals offense until Ovechkin/Carlson collapse.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.