Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Kane to Edmonton

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Kane to Edmointon

Via Gord Miller
    "From what I understand, Kane can sign a new deal while his grievance is heard (it could take months). If he loses, he loses out on the money SJ owes him, if he wins whatever he makes under the terms of new contracts would be deducted from amount remaining on the SJ contract"

Didn't address potential cap issues. Wouldn't SJS be held accountable for a buyout on their cap? Or would it be a "bury in the AHL" penalty? That portion should be interesting once the grievance is completed.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Uh-oh. Anyway, if this is true it’s a massive add to their top 6.
    I think you meant Top 3.

Good for Kane. All humans deserve their next chance after serving whatever punishment given, was served.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Titan

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
    Kane - Draisaitl - RNH/Yamamoto
    Foegele - RNH - Kassian

I would guess be the lines, at least at some point once everyone is healthy. Hyman+McDavid seem to be the duo that works right now? So Kane+Drai would be the next?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kassian - McDavid - Puljujarvi
    Foegle - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
    Kane - RNH - Hyman

If 97/29 are ACTUALLY 2 of the best players in the world, and the Oilers ACTUALLY want secondary scoring, this is how they would organize their lines. They just aren't intelligent enough to do so.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Kassian - McDavid - Puljujarvi
    Foegle - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
    Kane - RNH - Hyman

If 97/29 are ACTUALLY 2 of the best players in the world, and the Oilers ACTUALLY want secondary scoring, this is how they would organize their lines. They just aren't intelligent enough to do so.
    I think in a perfect world this is what the lines would be. Realistically, 2014olympicgold's line projections would be more likely.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Deity

Assuming Kane goes there, I expect the lines to play out like so:

Kane - McDavid - Puljujarvi
    RNH - Draisaitl - Hyman
    Foegele - McLeod - Yamamoto

Kassian will be on the 4th line with Ryan and someone like Shore/Turris/Sceviour/Perlini. Ryan McLeod is the better option at 3C vs RNH. Nuge just isn't a great center and plays better on the left side. McLeod's game has really progressed nicely this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I think they’d load up the top two lines and drop Yamamoto to the 3rd. They know RNH can’t carry his own line.

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting line combos and comments on RNH, but all you guys would be wrong...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Elliotte Friedman now reporting the NHL is investigating Kane's travels to Canada after testing positive Dec. 21 and travelling Dec. 29. He also mentions this may put a hold on teams signing Kane until this is sorted.

This seems so backwards of a process. SJ moves to terminate Kane after he travels to Canada without approval, NHL supports the termination and after it's successful says Kane can sign elsewhere as he's a UFA. NOW, 5 days later, the NHL is saying, "hold up, we should investigate this", when they should have immediately done so if they were going to investigate.

Edit: AFAIK, if vaccinated (he is) and a negative test is provided (within 72 hours), you may travel from the US to Canada. I'm guessing he either tested negative and said **** it, I'm going, or he produced a fake negative test and said **** it, I'm going.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Star

to my surprise, ekane was only available in one of my leagues. he was stashed in both my roto and season long pts leagues. he was available in my h2h categories league. as my team is wrecked by covid this week, i decided to take a knee to pickup ekane since im one of the higher seeds anyways. guys that can shoot hit and pims like him are amazing in h2h
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule_91 View Post
    Elliotte Friedman now reporting the NHL is investigating Kane's travels to Canada after testing positive Dec. 21 and travelling Dec. 29. He also mentions this may put a hold on teams signing Kane until this is sorted.

This seems so backwards of a process. SJ moves to terminate Kane after he travels to Canada without approval, NHL supports the termination and after it's successful says Kane can sign elsewhere as he's a UFA. NOW, 5 days later, the NHL is saying, "hold up, we should investigate this", when they should have immediately done so if they were going to investigate.

Edit: AFAIK, if vaccinated (he is) and a negative test is provided (within 72 hours), you may travel from the US to Canada. I'm guessing he either tested negative and said **** it, I'm going, or he produced a fake negative test and said **** it, I'm going.
    I said it in another thread. There's a couple of routes he could have went about entering Canada while being positive:
    - "legally" he could have went to the border, then drove or boated across the border and just took a $5,000 fine and crossed.
    - private/chartered flights. You go on an app as a way to checkin and it simply asks you "have you taken your test, and is it negative" and he could have just selected yes without any follow up or needing to provide evidence.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

From NHL.com

Oilers captain Connor McDavid said Wednesday that Holland has kept the team informed about the Kane situation.

"Obviously there is lots of talking going around. I've talked to Kenny and I think that's why everyone likes Kenny so much is because he is such an open book," McDavid said. "He keeps that open line of communication with his guys and we for sure know the situation." ... McDavid said he didn't want to speculate about Kane's possible arrival in Edmonton and what it would mean to the Oilers. ... "Truthfully, I don't think that's a bridge we really need to cross until something is more official," McDavid said. "Right now it's all speculation. Obviously Evander is an amazing player and he's had lots of success over the last couple of years and whatever else is going on, it's not something I look into much."
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    From NHL.com

Oilers captain Connor McDavid said Wednesday that Holland has kept the team informed about the Kane situation.

"Obviously there is lots of talking going around. I've talked to Kenny and I think that's why everyone likes Kenny so much is because he is such an open book," McDavid said. "He keeps that open line of communication with his guys and we for sure know the situation." ... McDavid said he didn't want to speculate about Kane's possible arrival in Edmonton and what it would mean to the Oilers. ... "Truthfully, I don't think that's a bridge we really need to cross until something is more official," McDavid said. "Right now it's all speculation. Obviously Evander is an amazing player and he's had lots of success over the last couple of years and whatever else is going on, it's not something I look into much."
    Sounds like a guy who's looking for a trade out of Edmonton because he's not happy, as so many seem to think.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Sounds like a guy who's been groomed to speak to the media for at least a dozen years and does not want to cause any controversy!

Did you expect him to say, "our GM is an idiot who may be suffering from dementia and Evander Kane should be in jail instead of getting yet another NHL contract."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by northernnuck View Post
    From NHL.com

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sounds like a guy who's looking for a trade out of Edmonton because he's not happy, as so many seem to think.
    Not really sure how you can read anything about this quote and infer any type of feeling towards McDavid's happiness in Edmonton, outside of pure wishcasting.