Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evander Kane

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Evander Kane

Does anyone know if Evander Kane is eligible to play right away if he signs somewhere now? Or is there suspensions/games he’s have to sit out during the grievance filed by NHLPA?

thanks!!
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Evander Kane

He can play when he signs. There might be a COVID thing that holds him back from playing day 1, but the grievance won't limit him from playing (unless the signing team holds him out until it's dealt with).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sophomore

His owners are deciding his fate, but maybe they should look back on how the underground railroad is looked at now? Covert border crossings are not an automatic moral condemnation. Sometimes people cross borders for other reasons. Maybe we should build a wall to prevent these things?

But I digress.

Hopefully they will allow arguably the best current African Canadian player back into the league in time for the Willee O'Ree celebrations? It would be very poetic.

Not just for his new owners, and his fantasy league owners - maybe for him and his family (so selfish).

Break out the whip.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The grievance is not preventing him from playing.
    an NHL suspension for violating covid-19 protocols, including crossing the Canada-USA border after testing positive, would prevent him from playing immediately. No suspension has been announced but it is reasonable to assume one may be coming.
    There was a lot of rumor/chatter that he will be facing a suspension for his breach of covid-19 protocols. the NHL was investigating at one point, not sure that is concluded.

There was a lot of media chatter about many teams being interested and a signing was essentially finalized for last Friday/Saturday. Then it went quiet.
    Best guess is several teams were making pitches to signing him, the NHL informed teams Kane would be serving a suspension before he could play, probably significant length or length was undetermined, that killed the interest.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

I don't think the NHL can announce any suspension at this point in time since Evander Kane does not have an NHL contract and the alleged infraction occurred when Kane was assigned to the AHL.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I don't think the NHL can announce any suspension at this point in time since Evander Kane does not have an NHL contract and the alleged infraction occurred when Kane was assigned to the AHL.
    I have no idea what the rules are in this but it's interesting. SJS terminated his NHL contract, with the NHL's blessing, based on actions he did while in the AHL. The other thing I wonder about - it's widely been reported that the NHL is looking into this situation - why would they bother to do that if there was nothing they could do? (Not saying your wrong, I've no idea...)

Dobber Sports Icon

My understanding is that the NHL can only suspend him if and when he signs a new NHL contract. The league will still look into the situation and will likely let teams know how long they might suspend him for if he signs a new contract but I don't think they can actually give him a suspension until a team signs him.

It's also completely possible that I misread or misheard something!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm guessing they're investigating not to suspend, but to settle. Kane's agency is confident he did nothing wrong so they filed a grievance. It wasn't until days after the grievance that the NHL launched an investigation. I'd think this investigation is to determine the legitimacy of his claim he did nothing wrong, despite the NHL supporting SJS's decision to terminate.

It's a little late to consider a suspension considering Kane isn't under contract anymore. Also, how can the league suspend him for past transgression under contract A while he is under new contract B? A suspension should occur before termination, not after. But I'm no lawyer.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Genius

The grievance would certainly be a part of why the NHL is investigating again for sure.

I see the point that's made questioning how the league could suspend him when he currently has no contract and therefore no games to suspend.

It's likely to be found that he willfully broke Covid protocols for a second time while he was under contract , in addition to Federal restrictions, which would make him a repeat offender. Considering that, the NHL would have to do something, so despite not having any contract/games to suspend I imagine he would simply be barred from signing an NHL contract until some specific amount of time has passed. Say July 1, 2022 for example.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Batsoup View Post
    His owners are deciding his fate, but maybe they should look back on how the underground railroad is looked at now? Covert border crossings are not an automatic moral condemnation. Sometimes people cross borders for other reasons. Maybe we should build a wall to prevent these things?

But I digress.

Hopefully they will allow arguably the best current African Canadian player back into the league in time for the Willee O'Ree celebrations? It would be very poetic.

Not just for his new owners, and his fantasy league owners - maybe for him and his family (so selfish).

Break out the whip.

I hear you on this, but to be fair, Evander Kane is an awful example for youth hockey players regardless of the circumstances of this specific incident. I'm not sure he's the right role model for African Canadian players.

His involvement Hockey Diversity Alliance is fantastic, but the way he conducts himself has been highly questionable and not becoming of a professional athlete. Definitely not someone to commend in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Ace

sounds like the NHL decision on him could come tomorrow

Oilers believed to be 1 of 2 teams in the mix for him, not sure who the other team is
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Genius

For some reason I was thinking the announcement was yesterday at the earliest and today at the latest. Hoping today.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    sounds like the NHL decision on him could come tomorrow

Oilers believed to be 1 of 2 teams in the mix for him, not sure who the other team is
    Washington, according to Elliott Friedman.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    For some reason I was thinking the announcement was yesterday at the earliest and today at the latest. Hoping today.
    https://twitter.com/darrendreger/sta...643107337?s=21
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Genius