Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Friedman - If I had to bet, Flyers will trade Giroux

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Friedman - If I had to bet, Flyers will trade Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    One part of me thinks it is ridiculous to think that Provorov might be traded. I mean, what would be the end goal of trading him? I honestly cant figure out what they would be trying to accomplish. Get a 1st rounder so we can draft a dman and hope he turns out as good as Provy is now? Its a ludicrous idea.

The other part of me is scared shitless. I think about some of the moves that Fletcher has already done. Hagg, a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for Risto and then re-signing Risto for 5 more years. Signing Kevin Hayes for 7x7. Stolarz for Cam Talbot. Trading Provorov could absolutely happen.

I dont know what to think. Where there is smoke, there is fire as they say. I hope we dont do something stupid.

Ive accepted Giroux is going to leave. I aint even mad. I actually hope he does as he is not gonna win a cup with the Flyers. I would be fantastic to see him do it. I am thankful to Giroux for everything he has given us over his career. Thanks G!

Yes... thank you G!!!

I echo the sentiments and concerns above.

Flethcer better not move Provorov... but as you say... nothing would surprise us.

Would have been a great game to be at last night. The place was rocking!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Friedman today:

Panthers are where G wants to go, probably still where he will end up
    Avalanche have put out better offer than FLA, and FLA knows G wants to join them so they are digging in. PHI wants them to improve offer but don't have much leverage

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

I like Tippett. Always have. Had to drop him in my fantasy league because I needed the roster spot. Didnt like dropping him as I liked what I saw from him in FLA. He is on the last year of his contract tho. Pretty risky move to trade G for him unless they have something worked out prior. Ask for Tippett and a 1st, we retain as much salary as it will take.