Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Friedman - If I had to bet, Flyers will trade Giroux

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Friedman - If I had to bet, Flyers will trade Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I could cheer for Colorado to win the cup if G goes there!
    would he bump anyone off pp1? seems like not getting the pp1 time would hurt his overall production with the move
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    would he bump anyone off pp1? seems like not getting the pp1 time would hurt his overall production with the move
    He might bump Kadri off the top PP... he is a lot better at Faceoffs then anyone they have on PP1.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Novice

no idea if Giroux would go out west or even if he cares as long as its a contender but can surely see him going to Boston or New York Rangers.
    He's in control of his trade fate as he'd have to approve a deal, but to me staying on the east might be the best for him / family.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxX View Post
    no idea if Giroux would go out west or even if he cares as long as its a contender but can surely see him going to Boston or New York Rangers.
    He's in control of his trade fate as he'd have to approve a deal, but to me staying on the east might be the best for him / family.
    Not sure Philly would want to trade him in the East….could see him in Colorado surely but I’ll put a dark horse into it….Anaheim….
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxX View Post
    I've heard that he lives in the ottawa burbs in the offseason (think his wife is from there)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I've heard that he lives in the ottawa burbs in the offseason (think his wife is from there)
    Yes in a previous podcast Marek did mention that in the offseason Ottawa might be a fit for him. This deadline though it will probably be a contender that gets him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    Yes the Avs really like having a Right handed option for faceoffs and to control the flow of the puck from the middle. With MacKinnon and Makar both being righties on the point there is only lefties down low right now. Compher subs in when MacKinnon is hurt but he wasn't consistent past his early success this year to make it work. The PP2 is setup more for Lefties with Girard and Toews up high so it doesn't benefit to move Giroux there but adding a guy like Kadri to PP2 would give it a big boost and improve the face-off chances. Landeskog (and sometimes Rantanen) can take the LH draws as he does on the top line (Gabe takes wins as many draws from LW spot as most #2 Centers in the league).

From Bednar at the start of the season "“A right-shot guy makes all the difference in the world for me,” Bednar said of the man in the middle. “We’ve had lefties in there before (and) our power play clicked along at 17-18%. Teams want to leak out on Mac when Cale gets the puck. So there’s a pocket in the middle. If you watch us at all in the second half of the year, once we put a righty in there, it would go deep down to Mikko and there’s a big pocket that we’re creating scoring chances from.” https://www.denverpost.com/2021/10/03/colorado-avalanche-power-play-jt-compher/

Dobber Sports Monster

Friedman on the Marek show today - he thinks Giroux is probably going to Florida. Deal including Tippett plus maybe Denisenko or Samoskevich or Heponiemi

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I could cheer for Colorado to win the cup if G goes there!
    I would too!

Dobber Sports Master

One part of me thinks it is ridiculous to think that Provorov might be traded. I mean, what would be the end goal of trading him? I honestly cant figure out what they would be trying to accomplish. Get a 1st rounder so we can draft a dman and hope he turns out as good as Provy is now? Its a ludicrous idea.

The other part of me is scared shitless. I think about some of the moves that Fletcher has already done. Hagg, a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for Risto and then re-signing Risto for 5 more years. Signing Kevin Hayes for 7x7. Stolarz for Cam Talbot. Trading Provorov could absolutely happen.

I dont know what to think. Where there is smoke, there is fire as they say. I hope we dont do something stupid.

Ive accepted Giroux is going to leave. I aint even mad. I actually hope he does as he is not gonna win a cup with the Flyers. I would be fantastic to see him do it. I am thankful to Giroux for everything he has given us over his career. Thanks G!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    One part of me thinks it is ridiculous to think that Provorov might be traded. I mean, what would be the end goal of trading him? I honestly cant figure out what they would be trying to accomplish. Get a 1st rounder so we can draft a dman and hope he turns out as good as Provy is now? Its a ludicrous idea.

The other part of me is scared shitless. I think about some of the moves that Fletcher has already done. Hagg, a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for Risto and then re-signing Risto for 5 more years. Signing Kevin Hayes for 7x7. Stolarz for Cam Talbot. Trading Provorov could absolutely happen.

I dont know what to think. Where there is smoke, there is fire as they say. I hope we dont do something stupid.

Ive accepted Giroux is going to leave. I aint even mad. I actually hope he does as he is not gonna win a cup with the Flyers. I would be fantastic to see him do it. I am thankful to Giroux for everything he has given us over his career. Thanks G!
    What's a bit scary to realize is that moving Giroux to Florida or Colorado will require some significant salary coming back, retention, or both. For Florida, is Hornqvist a possiblity, he's got a partial NTC? How about a guy like Compher from Colorado? I'd hope they get a pick in return plus a prospect. Preferably a pick years from now so it's not Fletcher making it.

I think Provorov is gone as soon as they can deal him, and I'd think they'd be willing to deal him for less than . He's an expensive guy who just hasn't panned out as Fletcher would want, and Fletcher has replaced him with Ellis & Ristolainen as the Flyers' 2 main defender contracts. Yes I understand how stupid that is, but I think underestimating a person's stupidity is very dangerous, when they've shown you to be very, very stupid. They may decide to send a pick out with Provorov to get to somebody to take that contract, like they did with Gostisbehere (another brilliant Fletcher move), but hopefully they find a team that realizes Provorov is worth giving somethin up for, instead of just paying somebody to take him. I know that sounds insane, but this is Fletcher.

Fletcher is an old boys club guy who was proven incompetent once. I can't say for sure that Clarke & Holmgren influenced this hire, but it sure seems so. Incompetent Gm's who've been fired and kicked upstairs hire incompetent GM. Unsurprising.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

If I understand the salary cap situation in the NHL, he's a UFA at seasons end so his cap hit is going down by the day. He's no where near the $8.275M cap hit he's signed for at this point so the cap coming back won't be nearly as big as you might think.

From Capfriendly:

Daily Cap Hit: $41,375
    Accumulated Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $6,495,875
    Remaining Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $1,737,750
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Chiarot returned a 1st rounder. Giroux is worth at least a 1st rounder. If we are gonna retain salary and COL doesnt have that much space, then its a 1st and a good prospect. Any chance COL would do G for Newhook or Byram with salary retained? That would be really, really juicy. That is unlikely however.

Dobber Sports Deity

I still see him going to Florida with Tippett being the key piece coming back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Chiarot returned a 1st rounder. Giroux is worth at least a 1st rounder. If we are gonna retain salary and COL doesnt have that much space, then its a 1st and a good prospect. Any chance COL would do G for Newhook or Byram with salary retained? That would be really, really juicy. That is unlikely however.
    Sakic has pretty much said Newhook is untouchable, but I can see Bryam being floated.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I still see him going to Florida with Tippett being the key piece coming back.
    Rumour is Tippett, Samoskevich & a pick.