Thread: Thomas over Bennett

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Thomas over Bennett

I feel like I've been trying to find a way to drop Sam Bennett, but I swear that's not the case. So Robert Thomas and Ivan Barbashev are both available on waivers. Normally I don't think about this kind of swap because C is so deep, and Thomas has 3 goals, and Barbashev is Barbashev. But I seem to have Bennett parked on my bench. Is it worth dropping Bennett for Thomas or Barbashev with my team and in my format?
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Thomas over Bennett

Go with Thomas. Even if you lose the swap it won't be by much. Is it Yahoo where Thomas has RW? If so, I would drop Wheeler or Pool Party. But to answer your question, I would rather have Thomas. I love his game and think he'll be close to a pt/game player the rest of the year.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov