Thread: Rank my goalie carousel

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Rank my goalie carousel

League 2 in signature. This is a deep league and goalies are valuable. When I joined into the league last season it was already very slim pickings and it’s where I’m weakest.

Since I don’t have any solid options I’ve streamed through goalies to land with my current group below.

How would you rank these goalies from a keeper perspective? I should have room to keep 2 (possibly 3 if it even make sense with what I have):

- Hart
    - Francouz
    - Husso
    - Georgiev
    - Brossoit

Side note: I also have Swayman on my farm that I’ll be keeping.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Rank my goalie carousel

1. Hart. I know the defense is bad, and that may change some when Fletcher is gone, but he's young, talented, and has the starter's job. Nobody else on your list has all 3, and many don't have 2.

Now it depends on what you want:

Long term upside: Georgiev/Husso I prefer Georgiev's talent, but Husso is behind Winnington, not Prince Igor, so he has a better current situation.

Immediate impact with risk: Francouz. He could be the starter in Colorado, or he could end up out of the league. However, note ho few NHL games he's played. He might sneakily be farm eligible, he was in a league I'm in, and I wish I had noticed.

Likely solid backup with some chance at extra starts: Brossoit. I'd probably have him last, as he doesn't seem to have a very good shot at being a starter either soon or down the road.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Hart is your sure fire keeper. After that, it's difficult to say given that Francouz and Husso are UFA, and Georgiev is RFA and it's not super clear if he's stay in NY. I think you'll have more clarity in the off season. But from that list, I'd probably choose Georgiev as the most likely to get a starting job somewhere next year, and Husso as the least likely.

Dobber Sports Stud

Totally agree with SteveG's analysis. Great breakdown/reasoning (as per usual).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Padawan

Appreciate everyone’s comments. Hart was definitely in the keeper plans already, so him and Swayman at least gives me a couple good young goalies to work with.

I was leaning Francouz after that, but makes sense to wait until the off season to see what happens with Georgiev and Husso