Thread: Decent D on Waivers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Decent D on Waivers

My team is solidly in 2nd place, but yet again +/- is killing me even though it's only worth half the other "offensive" categories (I'm last in the category). There are several good D on waivers, some with very appealing situations, that makes me wonder if I should drop one or more of mine for some of them. Here is what is available:

Nicolas Hague - not as much pts as what my D have, but way better +/- and good PIMs. Currently on IR until at least Saturday
    Noah Dobson - might be the right time to jump on him, especially with the Isles having tons of games left
    Jamie Drysdale - very intriguing, thought probably doesn't help my +/- problem much
    Brett Pesce - probably a long shot, but he's got 10 pts in 19 games
    Damon Severson - also probably wouldn't help my +/- much, but he's doing well and taking over PP1 with Hamilton out (who I also have)

As you can see in my signature, I have some good D with bad +/- (Dahlin, Hronek, Gostisbehere), plus a few wild cards - though points-wise they're pretty good. Should I drop any for one of these guys? Or drop someone like Bennett for one of these guys?
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Decent D on Waivers

Do you have IR slots? If so, you just put Hamilton there for now (broken jaw, should take a while) and don't drop anyone. In a re-draft league like yours Drysdale and Dobson hold way less appeal to me. I'd go with the high floor guy in Hague first (and stash him on IR for now too) and then pick up Severson basically as the handcuff to Hamilton. If Hamilton is out long and Severson does well, you keep Severson. If Severson falters with the aded ice time, PP time, I'd insert Hague. in the lineup once he returns. Bonus: Vegas has a healthy dose of off night games.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Pro

10 points in his last 10 games for Dobson. He would be my pick

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Another vote for Dobson
    TEAM 1:

C:
    MacKinnon, J. Hughes, Hintz, Scheifele
    LW: Connor, Panarin, Verhaeghe, Kubalik
    RW: Laine, Bratt, Kuzmenko, Lehkonen

D: Josi, Burns, Chabot, Karlsson, Gostisbehere,
    Gustafsson
    G: Vanecek, Andersen
    BN: R. Smith,
    Cozens, Sheary, Backstrom
    IR: Skinner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Do you have IR slots? If so, you just put Hamilton there for now (broken jaw, should take a while) and don't drop anyone. In a re-draft league like yours Drysdale and Dobson hold way less appeal to me. I'd go with the high floor guy in Hague first (and stash him on IR for now too) and then pick up Severson basically as the handcuff to Hamilton. If Hamilton is out long and Severson does well, you keep Severson. If Severson falters with the aded ice time, PP time, I'd insert Hague. in the lineup once he returns. Bonus: Vegas has a healthy dose of off night games.
    No IR slots, and we actually have to pay for any waiver claim too. If I want to pick someone up, I have to drop someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    10 points in his last 10 games for Dobson. He would be my pick
    Suggestion on who to drop?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmoney3 View Post
    Another vote for Dobson
    Suggestion on who to drop?
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hronek.