Thread: Blackwood vs Petersen- Next year and beyond?

The Great One

Default Blackwood vs Petersen- Next year and beyond?

So the three year extension surely signals a confidence in Petersen going forwrd but hes really dropping the ball this year. Does the pendelum swing back by next year? hes actually older than MB at 27 ( Blackwood is 25). I know Blackwoods numbers are poor but it may be a sign of confidence that they keep rolling with him despite the numbers. Apparently he was hand picked by Brodeur from what Ive read.

Ranting aside...

Who do you like for next year?

Who has more trade value?

In my league MB has 157 fpts to petersens 86- would you flip the two?

Would you flip the two if you were gtting Konolonov as well?

What about Stankoven instead?

Team and league in sig- prease discuss!!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Blackwood vs Petersen- Next year and beyond?

Read my goldipucks piece on Blackwood, who's done nothing so far this season to change what I wrote: https://dobberhockey.com/2021/09/15/...rry-blackwood/
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Personally, I'd prefer Petersen. I agree that Blackwod is a NHL goalie, but I think he's not going to be a high-end starter, and probably not a true starter, although he could develop into that.

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Read my goldipucks piece on Blackwood, who's done nothing so far this season to change what I wrote: https://dobberhockey.com/2021/09/15/...rry-blackwood/
    I swear those need to say "Goaliepucks and..." when it's 3 goalies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

What do you think of Petersen though? He hasnt fared much better...

The Magnificent One

I'm not very high on him either, but the difference is I think expectations for Blackwood are unjustifiably higher than they should be as compared to those for Petersen, if that makes sense. Ideally a fantasy GM would not be depending on one or both.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

I am a fan of Petersen (so take that into consideration) and I think now is an optimal time to buy low on him.

Definitely prefer him to Blackwood - but I think if you polled 100 GMs they'd feel pretty similar about both guys atm.

I'd personally do the swap straight up for CP, but do think at this moment you could land a sweetener from the Blackwood GM for that deal.

Both Konovalov and Stankoven are B-level prospects... likely both a few years out (from regular duty).

With your roster and an emphasis on D/G positions - I'm not interested in Stankoven. Tough to know if Konovalov has any value (don't know how deep your league is) but I know you're a big fan of him so that would be enough of a reason for me if I was you.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Goalies are voodoo. You probably underestimated Jarry in your article and you sure don't like blackwood, maybe a little too harsh, suggesting that Blackwood needs to be traded away for almost anything you can get.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

The Great One

I DID in fact read this piece and its aging like a fine wine...

Dobber Sports Novice

I am a New Jersey Devils fan and I think once Blackwood gets healthy again he is going to be traded before the trade deadline. The Devils are quite happy with Vanecek and Schmid. This could raise the value of Blackwood if he goes to a team where he will get the majority of playing time. Petersen, I guess is the future of the Kings goalie situation and what I have seen so far that has not been that great. I could easily see the Kings making a trade for another goalie once Quick is out of the picture.