Thread: Please rank my goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Please rank my goalies

Hi everyone,

I have four goalies and intend to keep three so I'm wondering who to use for trade bait. I'm thinking it's between Petersen and Oettinger as Askarov wouldn't have much value yet and I think Sorokin is the most talented and in the best position to succeed. Petersen could take over for Quick still, but he's been bad this year. Oettinger is a really good goalie but Dallas seems to want to have other options for some reason. Askarov is a year or two away from being relevant.

I'm in the middle of a rebuild and won't be competitive for another two to three years.
    How would you rank my goalies for the long-term? And who should I use for trade bait?

Thanks in advance!
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

The Great One

Default Re: Please rank my goalies

What are your goalie categories - I'm not seeing them listed.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Shoot sorry, it's Wins (2), Overtime/Shootout Losses (1), Shutouts (3), Saves (0.1), Goals Against (-0.5)
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),

The Great One

Sorry - more questions. How many goalies are in starting line-ups? Are there daily moves? Are there maximum games played limits for each starting line-up spot?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No problem, Daily moves are allowed, and it's 3 goalies can start but it's a max GP of 164 per season so most teams just play 2 goalies. One or two teams have two studs and the rest of the league makes do
    Team 1:
    12 teams, No salary cap

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Oettinger more but considering your position I'd just trade whatever could get you a better return, float them both out there and see how other GMs value them

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by janneywheels View Post
    I like Oettinger more but considering your position I'd just trade whatever could get you a better return, float them both out there and see how other GMs value them
    Agreed about float and see what you can get?
    But I like Oettinger the least!
    To many goalies in that carousel?
    Good Luck
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the reps! I'm not trading Sorokin but I'm having trouble valuing the others. I appreciate the feedback.
    Team 1:
    12 teams, No salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd make sure that you also offer Askarov in the group you offer for trade.

He's a prospect, and there is hype, and that may mean he fetches the most in return. Admittedly, he's a free keeper, so that may also help, but multiple of your goalies ( maybe all?) are free keeps.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.