Thread: Hartman trade

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hartman trade

Ok…. I’ve been on the fence on Hartman for a while now. I keep thinking we may see a drop off in production and/or deployment, but it’s not really happening. He’s the #9 ranked skater in my entire league based on leagues settings(!!). (G,A, P, PPP,+/-, PIM, SHP, GWG, SOG)

The owner is a bottom team and is selling. I can get Hartman and a 10th rd pick for my 6th rd pick (we’ve gone back and forth a bit, and he’s pretty firm on this offer). Full re-draft. Would you make this move? I’m very tempted but need a push one way or the other. Thanks for any thoughts!!
    20 team, 56 player roster (30 minors) Full Dynasty Salary Cap H2H League. G, A, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, FOW, TK/GV, GPT3, SV, SV%ES
    14 team, 29 player roster (6 Minors) - Keep 20 players + 6 Minors Dynasty H2H League G, A, P, PPG, PPA, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SHO
    12 team, 18 player roster - Full Re-Draft H2H League. G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG. W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hartman trade

Ww can't see your roster so who is he an upgrade to on your roster? Do positions matter?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ww can't see your roster so who is he an upgrade to on your roster? Do positions matter?
    Yes, positions matter.

We start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G, (5 Bench)

My Roster:
    C: McDavid, Hughes (LW),
    LW: Ehlers (RW), Robertson
    RW: Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand (LW)
    D: Fox, Theodore, DeAngelo, Barrie,
    G: Sorokin, Varlamov, Holtby
    Bench: Trocheck, Fiala, Chabot, Bouchard (streamer), Stastny (streamer).
    IR: Vrana

Dobber Sports Deity

So what positions does Hartman qualify for and who do you see him as an upgrade to?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So what positions does Hartman qualify for and who do you see him as an upgrade to?
    Hartman is a C/RW and would likely replace one of my streamer spots. I should mention we also have 3 IR+ spots so with all the Covid protocol, I’m constantly sliding guys in and out of IR, which opens up more streaming opportunities.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well he's defined an upgrade to Stastny. Is this daily or weekly changes?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well he's defined an upgrade to Stastny. Is this daily or weekly changes?
    Daily roster changes. Stastny won’t be on my roster long, I just streamed him for yesterdays game. I’m basically more-so wondering how we think Hartman will produce moving forward. Is his production real? Will his deployment stick? Thanks for the replies so far Axeman.

Dobber Sports Deity

No idea if the production will continue along with the deployment but if it's lasted this long, I think he's safe for the foreseeable future.

If you do this, you're basically trading a 6th for a 10th, Hartman and a streaming spot. You don't do this trade if Hartman turns into a streamer down the road.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Sawch View Post
    Ok…. I’ve been on the fence on Hartman for a while now. I keep thinking we may see a drop off in production and/or deployment, but it’s not really happening. He’s the #9 ranked skater in my entire league based on leagues settings(!!). (G,A, P, PPP,+/-, PIM, SHP, GWG, SOG)

The owner is a bottom team and is selling. I can get Hartman and a 10th rd pick for my 6th rd pick (we’ve gone back and forth a bit, and he’s pretty firm on this offer). Full re-draft. Would you make this move? I’m very tempted but need a push one way or the other. Thanks for any thoughts!!
    This deal should be accepted ASAP. It is laughably good for you and anyone trying to get more information from you is just wasting your time. Do the deal.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    This deal should be accepted ASAP. It is laughably good for you and anyone trying to get more information from you is just wasting your time. Do the deal.
    So I'm wasting his time by asking for information? How can you say it's laughably good if you don't have all the information?

The Great One

I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I remember Hartman being awfully productive in the last half of last year too. I picked him up as a WW and never dropped him. And in a full keeper, I traded Hartman this year for Stutzle (there were a few other minor pieces on both sides).

Given it's a full redraft....I would make this deal if you think it gives you a good chance to win this year. The number 9 player in your league, after half a year, for a 4 round pick swap? It seems reasonable to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sawch View Post
    He’s the #9 ranked skater in my entire league based on leagues settings(!!). (G,A, P, PPP,+/-, PIM, SHP, GWG, SOG)
    Smash accept. If you don't have a roster spot the current #9 ranked skater can easily improve, you're in a league with tiny rosters. per you sig, it's a 12 team 18 player league.

I don't need to know anything more about your roster, but the fact that he can help you a lot while streaming players for spots in and off IR makes it more of a slam dunk.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I remember Hartman being awfully productive in the last half of last year too. I picked him up as a WW and never dropped him. And in a full keeper, I traded Hartman this year for Stutzle (there were a few other minor pieces on both sides).

Given it's a full redraft....I would make this deal if you think it gives you a good chance to win this year. The number 9 player in your league, after half a year, for a 4 round pick swap? It seems reasonable to me.
    I can think of 1000 superlatives I’d use before using “reasonable” for this type of highway robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Smash accept. If you don't have a roster spot the current #9 ranked skater can easily improve, you're in a league with tiny rosters. per you sig, it's a 12 team 18 player league.

I don't need to know anything more about your roster, but the fact that he can help you a lot while streaming players for spots in and off IR makes it more of a slam dunk.
    This is the type of hype needed. This is the only “reasonable” response.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala