Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Statement from Brad Marchand

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Statement from Brad Marchand

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Well, we know Brad Marchand would have went.
    So he says today. It's always easy to say something after the decision has been made. Where was this public outcry before the decision was made not to go? I saw Stamkos say he'd go but I don't recall Marchand coming out publicly saying he'd go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The only thing worth saying in this thread is there is zero confirmation of a 5 week quarantine if you tested positive so let’s stop pretending that’s anywhere close to fact.

It was regularly stated that the 3-5 week quarantine was worst case scenario and the NHL would have worked with the IOC and Chinese government to reduce it, with suggestions being it could be drastically reduced to needing to produce 2 negative tests 24 hours apart. So.

Dobber Sports Deity

Clearly there was a quarantine threat of some sort. That's why guys like Lehner and Erik Karlsson were open about not wanting to go.

You can say there's lots who would have gone, but you can just as easily say there's lots who weren't willing to go too. We just don't know many from either side. The race the NHLPA was in on pulling put tells you that the number was greater for those who weren't willing to go, or the fight for the players to go would have been more open and public.

Either way, it's all hypothetical because none of us really know what happened behind closed doors.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Clearly there was a quarantine threat of some sort. That's why guys like Lehner and Erik Karlsson were open about not wanting to go.

You can say there's lots who would have gone, but you can just as easily say there's lots who weren't willing to go too. We just don't know many from either side. The race the NHLPA was in on pulling put tells you that the number was greater for those who weren't willing to go, or the fight for the players to go would have been more open and public.

Either way, it's all hypothetical because none of us really know what happened behind closed doors.
    Friedman said on their recent podcast that a GM who is generally pro-Olympics stated to him that he thought it would be selfish of players to go to the Olympics with the quarantine threat and how their decision could potentially affect their NHL team's season. I suspect a lot of teams were pressuring the NHL not to go to the Olympics in light of the quarantine uncertainty. Personally, I am always against shutting down the NHL season for the Olympics so the decision pleases me.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Personally, I am always against shutting down the NHL season for the Olympics so the decision pleases me.
    Personally, I am against forcing someone to do or not do something that is against their personal choice.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Personally, I am against forcing someone to do or not do something that is against their personal choice.
    I agree but these guys are employees of a union that has rules. I cant go away on vacation from my job without approval, as one example. It is also not allowed for me to work outside the country while being employed by my company. The same Union protects me from wrong doing by my employers, but for that to work, there are also expectations I am required to meet. See also vaccine mandate ��

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So he says today. It's always easy to say something after the decision has been made. Where was this public outcry before the decision was made not to go? I saw Stamkos say he'd go but I don't recall Marchand coming out publicly saying he'd go.
    i agree with this...its a little cry baby in Marchand that takes this "impossible" situation and turns it into complaining about having to give money back. I always thought he was a rat on the ice but pretty decent human being from what i saw and heard but this is does not paint him in great picture.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

I was pretty stoked for an all Nova Scotia/Halifax line (Mack, Sid, March)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4