View Poll Results: Who can still achieve fantasy "success" (see post for guidelines)?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • Anthony Beauvillier

10 13.89%
  • Sam Bennett

28 38.89%
  • J.T. Compher

8 11.11%
  • Jonathan Drouin

5 6.94%
  • Christian Dvorak

4 5.56%
  • Nico Hischier

33 45.83%
  • Alex Iafallo

4 5.56%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

12 16.67%
  • Adrian Kempe

6 8.33%
  • Jared McCann

10 13.89%
  • Josh Morrissey

4 5.56%
  • Colton Parayko

1 1.39%
  • Ivan Provorov

31 43.06%
  • Ryan Pulock

9 12.50%
  • Jack Roslovic

4 5.56%
  • Nick Schmaltz

1 1.39%
  • Mikhail Sergachev

45 62.50%
  • Jakub Vrana

44 61.11%
  • Pavel Zacha

17 23.61%
  • None of the above

2 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Is There Still Hope?

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Is There Still Hope?

First off, best wishes to all for a happy and safe holiday season. Now onto the business at hand....this month's Roos Lets Loose Poll!

Poll Topic

We all know most players ultimately don't meet expectations, including those who were either drafted early and/or otherwise highly touted. That having been said, some might look as though they've missed their chance to succeed, only to hit their stride later than expected. With that in mind, this poll includes 19 players who've all suited up for 200-500 NHL games, and as such likely should've broken out. And although none truly has, they strike me as players who still might stand a chance to achieve success, albeit later than would've been expected.

Voting Guidelines

Your job is to vote for any, some, or all of the 19 players who you believe can - if a forward - become a 70+ point guy or - if a defensemen - a 50+ point producer. To be clear, I don't mean they need to do it this season; however, I also don't mean they do it once and then never again. Only vote for a player if you believe they can ultimately be someone for whom the applicable point threshold becomes an expectation, even if only for a few seasons. What should you do if you don't think any will do so? I've included a "None of the above" choice if that's indeed your view.

As usual, please post in the thread who you voted for and why, to give your fellow Dobberites added perspective.

Lastly, my mailbag is set to run on January 5th and I could use a couple more questions. If you want to submit your question(s) to me, you can private message me here or send an email to [email protected] with "Roos Mailbag" as the subject line.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Is There Still Hope?

Here's who I voted for, and why:

Beauvillier - His hot streaks every season show his talent, and Trotz will be gone by 2023 at the latest, which is also the season he'll be playing for a UFA deal
    Kapanen - I feel like he has more to offer than we've seen, particularly if/when he gets a shot on PP1
    Provorov - Cream almost always rises to the crop, and he's plenty young enough to still see that happen
    Vrana - Even if he's not on the top line, let's not forget he posted point per game output last season without the help of any of those three, plus he'll still be on PP1
    Zacha - He's not playing his A game so far this season, but he's shooting more and I think he's finally coming into his own, with even better results coming soon
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Dvo - another season in MTL is why is required although I it woulda been better if this was a winning season.
    Prov - same reasons as Rizz
    Serg - once Hedman slows
    Kapa - he’s getting there now. Just needs time.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Short list for me.

Kapanen: There is still hope, but the clock is ticking, he needs to take that next step soon, like this year. So far, hmmmmmm??
    Vrana: He tops my list, he never had the opportunity in Washington yet still produced. All good in Detroit to end last season, but he'll miss half a season this year to injury so we'll see if he can pick up were he left off. I think he can.
    Sergachev: Others have said it, limited opportunity with Hedman in the way. If that changes, and it could, he could hit his potential.

All the rest are a "none of the above" for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for:

Sergachev. He's 23, with a 44 point best pace on a powerhouse team, with an aging #1D in front of him. If he doesn't get your vote, I can't understand your line of reasoning.
    Hischier. He's 22, with a 56 point best pace on an ascending team. He may only be the #2C there, but he may end up moving elsewhere to be the #1C. There's still time and hope.
    Provorov. He's as noted in the article, the best player on this list right now. He's a #1D who is just 24. He just needs the deployment, as he's shown he can score and do everything else.
    Vrana. Also 24, and has produced in Washington with terrible deployment. We saw a glimpse of what's possible in Detroit before injury.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I voted for:

Sergachev. He's 23, with a 44 point best pace on a powerhouse team, with an aging #1D in front of him. If he doesn't get your vote, I can't understand your line of reasoning.
    Hischier. He's 22, with a 56 point best pace on an ascending team. He may only be the #2C there, but he may end up moving elsewhere to be the #1C. There's still time and hope.
    Provorov. He's as noted in the article, the best player on this list right now. He's a #1D who is just 24. He just needs the deployment, as he's shown he can score and do everything else.
    Vrana. Also 24, and has produced in Washington with terrible deployment. We saw a glimpse of what's possible in Detroit before injury.
    Voted for the same 4. Can't believe Sergachev is only 23.