Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2022 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: 2022 Edition - Dobber WJC Pool

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonYann View Post
    Probably. But at least we’d be allowing anyone daring enough not to pick him (think back to Dach’s injury, god forbid), everyone would have a tough call to make as captain and we wouldn’t be setting a precedent of excluding the tournament’s top player.
    Well, I guess your way if someone wanted to choose a Canadian as a captain plus bedard as a non captain, there would only be 3 Canadians left, which could make for some difficult decisions. I know that me personally, I'd be going with a different Canadian as captain.
    I'd still lean towards leaving him out together, but I was just throwing it out there to see what the others want. Either way I'm excited for the pool. I've been top 3 a few times but never won. Hope to change that this year!

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Well, I guess your way if someone wanted to choose a Canadian as a captain plus bedard as a non captain, there would only be 3 Canadians left, which could make for some difficult decisions. I know that me personally, I'd be going with a different Canadian as captain.
    I'd still lean towards leaving him out together, but I was just throwing it out there to see what the others want. Either way I'm excited for the pool. I've been top 3 a few times but never won. Hope to change that this year!
    Yeah, it seems it's always a challenge to choose from the stacked Canadian team.
    Whatever Nights or PenguinHunter decide to do with Bedard, I'm in!
    12-team Dynasty Salary
    G-A-H-B/W-SO
    Crosby, Pavelski, Nelson, Hagel, Tarasenko, Bertuzzi, Teravainen, Joshua, Paul, Drury, Holtz, Kasper, Dorofeyev, Rosén, Brindley
    Dunn, Carlson, Sergachev, Nurse, Trouba, Skjei, Harley, Korczak, Söderström, Luneau, Pickering, Behrens, Rinzel
    Bobrovsky, Samsonov, Woll, Patera, Garand

10-team Dynasty Roto
    G-A-FOW-STP-H-B/W-GAA-Sv%
    Matthews, Hyman, Bratt, Guentzel, Thompson, Horvat, Lindholm, Buchnevich, Toffoli, Konecny, Rust, Peterka, Neighbours, Kemell, Snuggerud, Bourque, Wood, Öhgren
    Makar, Josi, Dobson, Pietrangelo, Hanifin, Faber, Spence, Edvinsson, Zellweger, Willander, Bonk, Casey
    Shesterkin, Hellebuyck, Georgiev,
    Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Bedard should be left in. A lot of teams will pick him, but McDavid tied for the tournament lead in points in his draft year. So considering his team (Canada), he wouldn’t have been the best captain choice in all likelihood. Bedard may very well lead the tournament in points, but it’s far from a guarantee. I think the captain system is good as is and we shouldn’t eliminate any players from being selected.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Anyone heard from Nights? Or know how to reach out to him privately?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hello everyone - I have reached out to Nights and I will be taking over this for the year.

Thanks so much Nights for running it, and this puppy is all yours when you are ready to come back!

I have saw some discussion above about the captain system and what to do with Bedard.

If there are any further thoughts please post them quickly so I can finalized the spreadsheet and get it out for entries!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​