Thread: Crazy to think of trading Vas?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Crazy to think of trading Vas?

I'm in second place. No need to do anything crazy. But I'm consistently coming up short on goals, assists and PPP. And the third place team wants to trade me for Vasilevskiy. Demko and Saros have been surprisingly good. So I *might* be in a position to trade Vas since my other two goalies are killing it right now.

His goalies are Helly, Vanecek and Elvis. He'd probably give up Helly... he has been horrible but I imagine that's who I'd want coming back. His notable skaters are Miller, Stamkos, Makar, Batherson and Foligno. Would I be crazy to propose a trade of Vas+Girard+Zuccarello for Helly+Miller+Makar? I might give up someone better than Zuccarello if he balks. Maybe Bennett?

It might be smart to just sit back and enjoy the fact that I have three incredibly productive goalies, and take the nearly-automatic 4 goalie cats every week. But it's tempting to think that I might be able to land Miller and/or Makar to shore up my scoring. With Landeskog out for weeks, no timetable for Barkov, Bennett and Hyman, and Svetch on Covid, I sure could use a scoring boost. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Crazy to think of trading Vas?

If you can get both Miller AND Makar coming back, then yes, I think your other two goalies are good enough for this to make sense in a 1 year league.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I get that in order to acquire Makar you will need to give up Vas, but what if you dangle Demko for Miller+? Saros and Vas are top tier options. I personally would not deal Vas. You would have to hope that Helly has to be amazing in the new year. It's not a bad deal and you would be dealing from strength. It is tempting.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd rather you kept Vasilevskiy and trade one of Demko or Saros for more help up front to fill those other deficiencies.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys. I told him that the price for Vas was Miller+Makar, and I'd throw in a small piece or two. But I told him that if he wants Demko I might ask for less... like maybe just Miller. I'm in no hurry to deal. But I really would like to improve my scoring.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G