Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: NHL enhances Covid protocols

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: NHL enhances Covid protocols

I mean. That’s you’re opinion. It’s a very wrong one, but very on brand for you. And denigrating yourself to trying to slip in insults, as per usual. So common, so on brand.

I very much believe you had one conversation. I believe that the concept of people not all thinking the same in the medical field is just too abstract for your brain to comprehend. But I know this issue is nowhere close to unanimous, it’s probably close to 50/50. But your brain can’t handle that, it’s ok.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I mean. That’s you’re opinion. It’s a very wrong one, but very on brand for you. And denigrating yourself to trying to slip in insults, as per usual. So common, so on brand.

I very much believe you had one conversation. I believe that the concept of people not all thinking the same in the medical field is just too abstract for your brain to comprehend. But I know this issue is nowhere close to unanimous, it’s probably close to 50/50. But your brain can’t handle that, it’s ok.
    Right so what experts are you trusting, on this specific issue? I know hospitals full of doctors who support refusing medical care to unvaccinated. Turns out when you work in hospitals, you talk to lots of doctors about this, instead of just one that you extrapolate to unanimous.
    The only thing consistent about you is that you are a troll. Which is it? Full or half full. Troll.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    The only thing consistent about you is that you are a troll. Which is it? Full or half full. Troll.

He's a glass full half full kinda guy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Bravo. I agree big troll on this forum. The only consistency, is that he consistently try's to provoke people.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We can do hypotheticals all day long. Again, this is just my opinion and what I'd like to see happen if someone is offered a free vaccine and chooses not to take it.
    It's not free.

Only Canada has "broader macro economic framework" to just come up with 7 billion dollars.
    Other governments have to tax their population.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ninja

Your house, your rules.
    You're totally right, but this is less a question of what am I allowed to do, and more, what is the best thing to do given the some of the early info on Omicron "potentially" being less dangerous, and with the ability to get free rapid tests, but also being aware that Delta, until I hear otherwise, is still the dominant strain. When you involve real people that you care about, and you don't want to do damage to these relationships long term, these are tricky questions that take a lot of thought. The emotional side of me wants to tell them to come back when they have their shots. The rational side of me is spending a lot more time trying to really understand the risks and weigh them against my desire to maintain relatively good relationships with family members. It's tricky!

The actions you have listed are not inherently risky (well the backflip wont hurt anyone else but its great Darwin cleansing) and are not pandemics. They are rare occurrences so I don't really accept them as comparable. I also feel as you do though, I am disheartened, and have more or less stopped talking about this because everyone at this point has rationalized themselves and their relationship with covid so there isnt much room left for discussion. And I dont think there needs to be any more about that. We should be talking about the reality of the vaccine being re-categorized as a symptom reducer and if we want to move on with life or remain a hostage to the numbers.
    I guess my point is that human beings are not defined by only one thing. We are a mix of poor decisions, good decisions, kindness, being jerks etc. This is really a complicated. Obviously in some situations (like with organ transplants) there are considerations around whether a patient will survive/recover based on certain factors. It is my understanding that the vaccination status of a patient is already factored into some of these decisions already, but that's a very specific situation. This is done for patients who smoke as well, among other things. It's just messy and complicated.

Anyways, it's an interesting discussion. Glad to be having it with reasonable people!

As to your last point I am starting to become hopeful that we are on the way there with Omicron. I read this twitter thread earlier today, and while it's extremely early still, it has some encouraging early data.
    https://twitter.com/jamesward73/stat...936109062?s=21

Who knows, maybe this is where we start to turn the corner if we see a real divergence between cases and hospitalization rates. It would be a really good thing!

Take care, have a good Christmas!

Dobber Sports Star

I have always disliked a response of "that's your opinion". Of course it's just his opinion. Just like, literally every single one of your posts is just your opinion, and every single one of my posts is just my opinion. That's is what this forum is; a bunch of people posting their opinion on a wide range of topics. Everyone here is smart enough to realize that without the need of somebody having to point it out.

Don't do that, man. It's a shitty tactic meant to devalue somebody's point and it's completely unnecessary.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    It's not free.

Only Canada has "broader macro economic framework" to just come up with 7 billion dollars.
    Other governments have to tax their population.
    Health care in Canada technically isn't free either but everyone thinks that way because they don't see it coming out of their taxes.

The vaccine doesn't cost you anything out if your pocket to get it administered at the time of inoculation. Is that better worded for you?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

This thread has devolved lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    This thread has devolved lol.
    It usually does lol
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

build back better

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I have always disliked a response of "that's your opinion". Of course it's just his opinion. Just like, literally every single one of your posts is just your opinion, and every single one of my posts is just my opinion. That's is what this forum is; a bunch of people posting their opinion on a wide range of topics. Everyone here is smart enough to realize that without the need of somebody having to point it out.

Don't do that, man. It's a shitty tactic meant to devalue somebody's point and it's completely unnecessary.

Rylant
    If this is aimed at me, maybe consider the point I was devaluing is someone outright saying "You are a liar". So yea. One might speculate calling someone a liar based on nothing other than they don't like and don't want to believe something is shittier tactic.

The most consistent and only consistent thing in these forums is people having no idea what a troll actually is. Saying something inherently true isn't trolling just because you don't want to believe it.

Of note, just because I personally know a large number of doctors who support refusing covid medical care to unvaccinated people, doesn't mean they do or can. Like all walks of people, doctors are allowed to have their own personal opinions.

Dobber Sports Titan

If this is aimed at me, maybe consider the point I was devaluing is someone outright saying "You are a liar". So yea. One might speculate calling someone a liar based on nothing other than they don't like and don't want to believe something is shittier tactic.

The most consistent and only consistent thing in these forums is people having no idea what a troll actually is. Saying something inherently true isn't trolling just because you don't want to believe it.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man

an example of trolling
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The vaccine doesn't cost you anything out if your pocket to get it administered at the time of inoculation. Is that better worded for you?
    It's better worded for everyone.

The 2nd bit of what I said was a poke fun at Canadian politics :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapxta3nKcA
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24