Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: NHL enhances Covid protocols

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: NHL enhances Covid protocols

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Vaccines are working...exactly as planned...as in not working.

Paying attention yet?
    We get it, you're anti-vaxx. Your mind is made up. I doubt you're changing anyone's mind by continuing to keep posting it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    No decision will be applauded by everyone lol.

Stevie Y's thoughts.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXrcxEZPYHO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    We get it, you're anti-vaxx. Your mind is made up. I doubt you're changing anyone's mind by continuing to keep posting it.
    Any reason the Ramblings are used a daily reminder to get the jab?

Thanks. I’m allowed to keep speaking my truths.

Dobber Sports Titan

A lot of people are asymptomatic, vaccines working. But if you think differently that's cool. You do you, and if you think it's your duty to continue to yell out your thoughts you have every right. Like I've said before, "the best part of free speech is that people are free to sound like idiots".

NFL's new protocols will be a benchmark on only holding players out if they're symptomatic will be a good test for others to follow if it works. And if it works, will people still ask how effective vaccines are if no one (or very limited players) get lifted from games? Will people who are pro-vaccines change their views if it doesn't work? Time will tell.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

It amazes me that fantasy hockey nuts that will presumably dig for the deepest and most obscure data to look for an edge in their league, won’t do even close to the same amount of research on a plandemic that is literally about taking their worldly freedoms away. Instead, they will just let the tv dictate their knowledge and actions.

Most people that know the truth don’t really want to talk to sheep because they are too far into the pasture already. Only the ones that truly care about saving the world will say the truth, even though they will get the MSM message spit back at them through a cloth mask.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Stevie Y's thoughts.
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXrcxEZPYHO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    The man, the myth, the legend. Showing leadership still even off the ice. I am fully vaccinated, well for now based on the current definition but enough is enough. We need to stop testing people who are asymptomatic period. Time to let the virus run it's course, this will never end if we continue down this path.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The man, the myth, the legend. Showing leadership still even off the ice. I am fully vaccinated, well for now based on the current definition but enough is enough. We need to stop testing people who are asymptomatic period. Time to let the virus run it's course, this will never end if we continue down this path.
    I'm for this in sports, but for general public, it's still iffy for me.

I get tested twice a week (with rapid tests) at work, and if I test positive and I'm asymptomatic I'll self isolate. It's more that I don't know who I would be in contact with who could spread it to someone who's high risk. This is really the risk about ignoring asymptomatic people and really the big hurdle the world needs to find a way to jump effectively. And I don't know how to effectively do it.

Dobber Sports Sage

Right now the NHL doesn't contribute to the spread of the virus (well except maybe with fans being there). If they suddenly said 'fck it' then that would no longer be the case. That would be pretty bad optics - let some other league be the forerunner in that.
    NHL has gotten enough bad publicity this year to fill it's quota for years to follow.

So...
    And I don't know how to effectively do it.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Right now the NHL doesn't contribute to the spread of the virus (well except maybe with fans being there). If they suddenly said 'fck it' then that would no longer be the case. That would be pretty bad optics - let some other league be the forerunner in that.
    NHL has gotten enough bad publicity this year to fill it's quota for years to follow.

So...
    Ya, as a hockey fan over football, I'm glad that it's being tested...but not with hockey lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, I know in one of these threads it was said that the Avs had a player vote on if they should play a game and they voted to play (this was through the league so if they didn't play, it's a postponement not a forfeit). But Duclair of the Panthers said they have never been given the option...So that's pretty sh!tty by the league since it's likely because of who was in COVID protocol for the Avs that allowed them to vote.

Dobber Sports Ace

i thought i saw the reasoning for the vote because of the timelines for when the rest of the test results were supposed to come in. Multiple players tested positive and more were still pending when it came time for the game to start

but i could be wrong here
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Deity

I get tested twice a week (with rapid tests) at work, and if I test positive and I'm asymptomatic I'll self isolate. It's more that I don't know who I would be in contact with who could spread it to someone who's high risk. This is really the risk about ignoring asymptomatic people and really the big hurdle the world needs to find a way to jump effectively. And I don't know how to effectively do it.
    I hear ya and this is where I am at as well. I am also tested regularly with rapid tests. It's a pain in the ass but I'd rather know one way or the other so I just swirl the nostril regularly. So far so good and I am also double vaxxed with my booster coming in January before I deploy again to the Med for another six month tour.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

In Canada I just checked, we have 87% of our population fully vaccinated 12 years and older and 76.26% total population. Let the virus run. Our kids are not at risk, in general even with the Omicron the vaccines provide protection, and if you don't have protection or your still vulnerable, shelter but it's your choice. Once everyone has gotten it, we can be done with this. I know people are going to be like, it's going to overwhelm our hospitals etc. True that could happen but if your at risk either because your in poor health by your choice, not vaccinated or at an age where even if your vaccinated this is still deadly, it's your responsibility to isolate while this runs it course.

This is destroying the economy for us, our kids and probably our kids, kids. It's wrecking havoc on peoples mental health. I was all on board but I thought the delta wave was it. Were now on Omicron and I have little faith once this wave is over that there won't be another variant behind it. People that want to perpetual shut down and continue down this path, are delusional to the long term affects this will have on our way of life.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

In Canada I just checked, we have 87% of our population fully vaccinated 12 years and older and 76.26% total population. Let the virus run. Our kids are not at risk, in general even with the Omicron the vaccines provide protection, and if you don't have protection or your still vulnerable, shelter but it's your choice. Once everyone has gotten it, we can be done with this. I know people are going to be like, it's going to overwhelm our hospitals etc. True that could happen but if your at risk either because your in poor health by your choice, not vaccinated or at an age where even if your vaccinated this is still deadly, it's your responsibility to isolate while this runs it course.

This is destroying the economy for us, our kids and probably our kids, kids. It's wrecking havoc on peoples mental health. I was all on board but I thought the delta wave was it. Were now on Omicron and I have little faith once this wave is over that there won't be another variant behind it. People that want to perpetual shut down and continue down this path, are delusional to the long term affects this will have on our way of life.
    I understand both sides of the argument.

My parents are both triple vaccinated, both are cancer survivors, both are elderly and high risk. Personal choice of I would be devastated if I brought COVID to them and they've done everything possible to prevent it, but need the mental health boost of seeing people. No answer will likely be the 100% right answer.

GF's sister-in-law is a kindergarten teacher and her class was hit with COVID, but she didn't test positive (multiple tests). Who knows if the kids brought it home to their parents (well they did, but did they spread it). So I don't know what the "our kids aren't at risk" I'm guessing you're saying like high danger at risk (life, long lasting effects). But the kids had symptoms

I really don't know the answer. But pretty glad that a controlled system is trying something different (NFL). At least something different is being tried and not just the same action every time cases spike (locking down). If it works great, if it doesn't then we know a procedure that won't work.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kids are at risk so long as there is a non 0% chance that a child will die from COVID.

The problem with 'it's your choice' and you accept the risks is that said person still is entitled to treatment and ya overwhelmed hospitals. And as always throughout this pandemic, a person cannot make a personal health choice about themselves in a vacuum because your choice has the potential to impact other people and pass the infection along to someone who is vulnerable.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko