Thread: The plan... Is it viable??

The Great One

Default The plan... Is it viable??

So essentially I have most of my slots filled for the future but now I just have to let them "marinate" for 2-4 years- lol!!

C- Wright/KJ/TBD- I'll have a lottery pick next year and target wright/Savoie/Lambert. I've also got Kent Johnson already on my farm. Sharangovich- has a hint of upside and Hayes is a free keep who might be able to provide some value through trade while I'm rebuilding this msess. I've got 2-3 years to add a guy in my 3 hole (60ish points) through drafting, waivers and an annual steal round.

W- Lafreniers/Holtz/Fiala/Vrana- if these guys miss I ask have Bertuzzi, N Robertson, Tippett that could roundminto form as top line wingers. I've also got skinner, Johnson and Evander as traceable pieces along the way. We only start 4 so I feel like I'm set at W.

C- Clarke/Lundqvist/TBD/TBD- I'm actively trying to add one more young dynamic damn (RightNow I'm in talks for perunovich) after that my top three would b strong enough that the fourth guy doesn't have to be a world-beater. I'm wondering if Gakrikov can evolve into a consistent 40point mu!to cat guy to play in my 4 hole. Severon and Colin miller could evolve into traceable pieces.

G- Swayman/Cossa/Blackeood- currently looking tmoving blackwood for perunovich plus which would just leave the other towns I think I'm ok with that. A lot of guys run one goalie in this league and have been successful.

So what's the consensus? Do I have some semblance of a viable plan here? Or just a pi!e of mismatched scrap heap?? Be brutally honest....

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: The plan... Is it viable??

I think you've got a good start going here! Lots of good prospects and young guys who could hit. Definitely enough to get to 11 good keepers within a couple years, once you combine them with a few high picks in the coming two seasons. Now the hardest part will be sticking with them when they have a bad first 20-80 NHL games. Stick with it, keep the young bucks, and enjoy being strong in 2023/24!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    I think you've got a good start going here! Lots of good prospects and young guys who could hit. Definitely enough to get to 11 good keepers within a couple years, once you combine them with a few high picks in the coming two seasons. Now the hardest part will be sticking with them when they have a bad first 20-80 NHL games. Stick with it, keep the young bucks, and enjoy being strong in 2023/24!
    Really appreciate this post!! Rep coming when I spread more around!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I haven't really done rebuilds ever, unless I take over a team in a dynasty and need to fix it.

I do like what you've got at wing. Center looks very rough, but you're going young. I'd look to move a wing for a center if possible.

That third section should be "D", right? Gavrikov is a solid option for a 3rd-4th D for you, probably. I have him on my super deep multi-cat dynasty roster, and have had him for a couple years now. I expect him to compete for a starting 6 spot there once he gets too expensive to move up and down freely, just like Weegar did.

Goalie is shaky as well, but I would move Blackwood for a skater.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I haven't really done rebuilds ever, unless I take over a team in a dynasty and need to fix it.

I do like what you've got at wing. Center looks very rough, but you're going young. I'd look to move a wing for a center if possible.

That third section should be "D", right? Gavrikov is a solid option for a 3rd-4th D for you, probably. I have him on my super deep multi-cat dynasty roster, and have had him for a couple years now. I expect him to compete for a starting 6 spot there once he gets too expensive to move up and down freely, just like Weegar did.

Goalie is shaky as well, but I would move Blackwood for a skater.
    Great insights!!!

I'm looking at moving blackwood for perunovich and boldy and think he might go for it. I love Gakrikov too!! Even just as a forty point guy he's brilliant! I'm trying to flip fiala for a young center but it's tough. I also added pinto for free.

Would you do fiala for lundell??

There's no way I trade Fiala right now. He hasn't gotten hot yet. I also think constantly trading for prospects means you may never contend, so be aware of that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Gavrikov will never be a “40 point guy”
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

it's a solid start. but it's going to be hard to stomach for the next couple of seasons as you watch the slow pain of going super young. there's also a lot of risk here as you are banking on potential, which may not even happen. i don't mind going for prospects, but i think it's also helpful to have a smattering of vets in there that are proven and reliable already to give you some sort of stability

i tend to be wary of going too too young, but i'm also in more limited keeper leagues so the decisions on who to keep become a bit easier. you're going to have to stay committed - which i dont think i could do it, best of luck!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    it's a solid start. but it's going to be hard to stomach for the next couple of seasons as you watch the slow pain of going super young. there's also a lot of risk here as you are banking on potential, which may not even happen. i don't mind going for prospects, but i think it's also helpful to have a smattering of vets in there that are proven and reliable already to give you some sort of stability

i tend to be wary of going too too young, but i'm also in more limited keeper leagues so the decisions on who to keep become a bit easier. you're going to have to stay committed - which i dont think i could do it, best of luck!
    Thanks dude I agree and am keeping guys like vrana and probably fiala. The only issue is that the fiala deal I have in!place is pretty good lol!

Would you guys do him for pastujov and heinola??

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Gavrikov will never be a “40 point guy”
    He's pacing for 38 this season. I think that's close enough that's it's plausible.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Only if I wanted to push the rebuild further down the road! Why be competitive when you cab be competitive never?
    There are so many ways you can say that without being negative...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    There are so many ways you can say that without being negative...
    My bad. Look, we’ve both been pretty rude to each other in the past. So I’m spring loaded to be negative towards your posts. It’s clear you’re a fantasy GM who is in it for the trades and speculation. Whatever works for you. It seems to me you are always making trades for sake of making trades and doing so for guys that may or may not pan out. That’s fun too. From now on if I don’t have anything nice to say to you I will say nothing.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He's pacing for 38 this season. I think that's close enough that's it's plausible.
    Eh, he has a good week there. I didn’t go back and look but Id guess some combo of Bean, Boqvist, Werenski missed time around then. He’s had 7 pts in the last month and zero in the last two weeks. If that “pace” keeps up it puts him at about 27 points. He’s just not that type of player and has 3 more offensively gifted D in front of him in Columbus.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

The Great One

So I just found this thread!! I was actually looking for the thread where the forum consensus was to include hronek in a trade because he wasn't very good but I get distracted easily!!

C- J Hughes Wright KJ
    W- Berard/Fantilli Lafreniere Fiala Holtz
    D L Hughes Clarke Lundqvist Xhekaj
    G Swayman Petersen Schmid Cossa
    Trade assets or other keepers include: Nick Robertson Tyler Bertuzzi Vrana Kuzmenko Bunting Necas

So in a twist I added slafkovsky but flipped him for luke hughes when I heard he started breaking d man scoring records all over the place lol! But I flipped a hit kubalik and a starting raanta for a healthy scratched wright- i hope that turns out well! Necas may be a core piece or looking at this i can probably afford to help him.

The most helpful thing about this exercise was seeing where I was lacking and I feel like I've done a pretty good job addressing D so far but could probably still use a very good up and coming young goalie to build a safe and injury proof contender.

Thoughts?