Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: World Juniors 2022 Thread

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: World Juniors 2022 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html

“In 2022, the CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can actually facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.”

Basically, for those people that wondered why flu cases went from ~35,000,000 each of the last 8 years prior to Covid, to only ~1,900 flu cases in 2020-21, CDC finally admitted it.

2 years ago, you also could’ve listened to Kary Mullis, the inventor of the PCR test that said it was worthless as an individual test for Covid. This was before he was killed obviously.

But hey, some people love living in fear of air. To each their own.
    You altered the quote. Strange.

The nonsense you're spouting here about tests not being able to differentiate between covid and the flu is known misinformation that's currently being spread around social media. There are multiple fact-checking sites that refute this. I don't think you're as smart as you think you are.

Dobber Sports Genius

Haha. Misinformation and fact-checking. You realize Facebook just had to admit to Congress under oath that their “fact-checkers” are “actually” just opinions.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Star

Haha. Misinformation and fact-checking. You realize Facebook just had to admit to Congress under oath that their “fact-checkers” are “actually” just opinions.
    Who said anything about facebook?? There are numerous fact-checking websites that can help distill truth from fiction, and all of them say the same thing about the garbage you're posting. Here's one example:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ovid-and-flu-/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Off topic but I just watched the movie, "Don't Look Up" on Netflix. Great satire about the state of our world in this new age of rampant baseless conspiracy theories.

So many folks think they know more than the experts who have dedicated their lives to a subject because they have, "found something on the net....".

Or the entire world has organized some grand scheme to pull the wool over every "laypersons" eyes...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, if people want to discuss world juniors (who impressed, who would have won, etc) then fine.

Discussions about Covid conspiracy theories will henceforth be deleted, or I make lock the thread.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sorry Loch, I was typing while you were setting the rules. A bit of work went into this, go ahead and "Loch" the thread as if it will change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Who said anything about facebook?? There are numerous fact-checking websites that can help distill truth from fiction, and all of them say the same thing about the garbage you're posting. Here's one example:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ovid-and-flu-/
    Thats a reputable site? Lol ok. Also that is from July 30th.

My peanut brain reads the CDC page:
    " CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season. Laboratories and testing sites should validate and verify their selected assay within their facility before beginning clinical testing."
    and understands that they want labs to do more tests for both covid and the seasonal flu, but be able to tell them apart. If they need to be encouraged to do this, then they aren't doing it properly right now.

There is nothing to dispell, there is no garbage. There is just you refusing to believe it, reading your version of facebook. How is there not a conflict of interest when facebook helps fund your source that fact checks them? If you dont believe me, you should dig deeper as to who pays for your website. They dont hide it...

"While PolitiFact relies on administrative support from the Poynter Institute, it is otherwise financially self-sustaining. It receives funding from online advertisements placed on the website. PolitiFact also receives compensation for selling its content to media publishers and companies. Organizations that contributed more than 5 percent of total PolitiFact revenues in the previous calendar year will be listed here:• Facebook

• TikTok"
    https://www.politifact.com/who-pays-for-politifact/

I don't get why people want to hold on to this situation so badly. Life is miserable right now. C'mon people... Let's face it. Our leaders are clueless and we are all just living under their reactionary rules. There is no thought, there is no plan. We have done everything they've forced us to do (yes some willingly, some ambivalently) and we are still deep in the sh!t. But hey, lets keep listening to the leaders because they know what's best, obviously. Why anyone would stick up for them at this point is beyond me.

My province has 5M people as of 2019. We start to shut down things at 1000 cases per day. We are heading for 10k per day. Even at 10K per day it would take 500 days for it to go thru everyone. That i can sit through I guess, but no one is gonna be happy waiting 10 years for this to end @ 1000 people per day. I know its napkin math, but this is where we are.

/my vid rant for the day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Off topic but I just watched the movie, "Don't Look Up" on Netflix. Great satire about the state of our world in this new age of rampant baseless conspiracy theories.

So many folks think they know more than the experts who have dedicated their lives to a subject because they have, "found something on the net....".

Or the entire world has organized some grand scheme to pull the wool over every "laypersons" eyes...
    I also enjoyed that movie, but there was no conspiracy, there was mass disbelief because people didnt like the truth so they dismissed it. There is no conspiracy over covid, the conspiracy is that we are being programmed into a life of fear so we are easier to control. Working so far!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Sorry Loch, I was typing while you were setting the rules. A bit of work went into this, go ahead and "Loch" the thread as if it will change anything.
    I actually made up a 'Loch'd image years ago for just that purpose.

I figured you had been typing when I posted, so I let it stand. That said, we should move on.

I, for one, was quite impressed with the Germans as they were missing the top line that carried them last year and still gave a good account out there.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post

Thats a reputable site? Lol ok. Also that is from July 30th.

My peanut brain reads the CDC page:
    " CDC encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses. Such assays can facilitate continued testing for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 and can save both time and resources as we head into influenza season. Laboratories and testing sites should validate and verify their selected assay within their facility before beginning clinical testing."
    and understands that they want labs to do more tests for both covid and the seasonal flu, but be able to tell them apart. If they need to be encouraged to do this, then they aren't doing it properly right now.

There is nothing to dispell, there is no garbage. There is just you refusing to believe it, reading your version of facebook. How is there not a conflict of interest when facebook helps fund your source that fact checks them? If you dont believe me, you should dig deeper as to who pays for your website. They dont hide it...

"While PolitiFact relies on administrative support from the Poynter Institute, it is otherwise financially self-sustaining. It receives funding from online advertisements placed on the website. PolitiFact also receives compensation for selling its content to media publishers and companies. Organizations that contributed more than 5 percent of total PolitiFact revenues in the previous calendar year will be listed here:• Facebook

• TikTok"
    https://www.politifact.com/who-pays-for-politifact/

I don't get why people want to hold on to this situation so badly. Life is miserable right now. C'mon people... Let's face it. Our leaders are clueless and we are all just living under their reactionary rules. There is no thought, there is no plan. We have done everything they've forced us to do (yes some willingly, some ambivalently) and we are still deep in the sh!t. But hey, lets keep listening to the leaders because they know what's best, obviously. Why anyone would stick up for them at this point is beyond me.

My province has 5M people as of 2019. We start to shut down things at 1000 cases per day. We are heading for 10k per day. Even at 10K per day it would take 500 days for it to go thru everyone. That i can sit through I guess, but no one is gonna be happy waiting 10 years for this to end @ 1000 people per day. I know its napkin math, but this is where we are.

/my vid rant for the day.
    Thanks for doing this. However, some people still wouldn’t believe truth even if it slaps both masks off their face.

I just laughed to myself when he posted his politifact link.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks for doing this. However, some people still wouldn’t believe truth even if it slaps both masks off their face.

I just laughed to myself when he posted his politifact link.
    I admit it was a bad link choice (I just grabbed one and didn't realize it was based on an outdated story). There are numerous others though. The thing I don't get is where do you guys get your information that is supposedly so much better than where we sheep get our information? Please enlighten me.

Dobber Sports Master

I asked nicely.... Sigh.

Take it to the lounge kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Bring on 2023 world juniors
    /S

Victoria DH