Thread: Barkov vs Stamkos?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Barkov vs Stamkos?

In a points only league, I was offered Barkov (10M) vs my Stamkos (8,5M)….in this team here’s my lineup:

McDavid (12.5M)
    Kaprizov (9M)
    Stamkos (8.5M)
    Konecny (5.5M)
    Bennett (4.425M)
    Hall (6M)
    Mercer (0,894M)
    Point (6,75M then 9.5M)
    KK (6.1M)
    Lafreniere (0.925M)
    Kurachev (0.842M)
    Chinakhov (0.925M)
    Dahlin (6M)
    Dunn (4M)
    Chychrun (4.6M)
    Blackwood (2.8M)
    Lehner (5M)

Bench: T. Johnson (5M), Kucherov (9.5M) W. Karlsson (5.9M), W. Eklund (0.925M), Rust (3,9M), N. Robertson (0,797M), M. Boldy (0,881M), Rathbone (0,925M), Knight (0,925M), Fleury (7M), Mrazek (3,8M).

There are no positional requirements and it’s points only with the salary cap at 81,5M bench excluded. We need to have 12F, 3D and 2G on the starting lineup each night.

I’m not competing this year for a top 3

Would you do that deal?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Barkov vs Stamkos?

I am not going to go search and add all your contracts so I'll just ask what is your current cap situation on your main roster?

Can you move guys from your bench to your main roster as many times as you want?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I added the salaries and yes, I can move whoever I want anytime but I have to stay within 12F, 3ds and 2G at anytime.

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I added the salaries and yes, I can move whoever I want anytime but I have to stay within 12F, 3ds and 2G at anytime.
    You're taking on $1.5M if you do this deal. Do you have that much space currently?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Let’s say I bench Kk for Rust, I have 3,25M cap space….that is fitting Knight at Lehner’s place….

Hall at 6M is another player I’d like to move….is ok but not great in Boston imo

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd pass. You're downgrading too many other aspects of your roster to make room for a guy who is a tad better than Stamkos.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd pass. You're downgrading too many other aspects of your roster to make room for a guy who is a tad better than Stamkos.
    I agree with Axeman here. Now if you could package in Hall for a cheap guy also coming back, that would help.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

So it looks like the lineup you posted must be over the cap then??? Today and long term, I think Barkov is a reasonable upgrade over Stamkos. I'd try to find a way to do the deal, if possible. KK at $6.1m is a huge waste of cap space, and I'd be benching him for sure. Any waiver options to free up cap space?
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have to agree with the consensus here. Yes, Barkov is an upgrade on Stamkos but the ramifications of doing the trade to make things work are complicated and risky if the moves you need to make to benefit your team don't work out. I'm thinking the moves you need to make, doing something with either KK or Hall or both, need to happen prior to making this deal. I'd hold off, don't put the cart before the horse. Your gonna have to roll up your sleeves and do some work (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

If you are not competing this year, then I make the trade and sell high on Stamkos. Bench KK this year to save your 1.5M if you need to....