Thread: Krug for Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Krug for Jarry

League in signature. Salary wise would basically be a wash, Krug $4m vs Jarry $3.5m.

Skater points are G&A=1 and +/-=1 or -1
    Goalie points are W=2, S0=2, and OTL=1

Wondering if this makes sense or if I am giving up too much point potential to try to load up on a strong second goalie to roll with Shesterkin (especially with him missing time currently). Also, not sure I would be able to find an inexpensive d-man to throw in some additional points if needed.

Wondering if this makes sense or if I am better holding Skinner in hopes he gets some action, or grabbing an inexpensive backup off of waivers like Francouz, Vladar, or Oettinger.

If Jarry continues his great play I could potentially use my GM's choice spot on him as a keeper for next year. Krug's salary jumps next season and he will not be one of my D keepers.

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated as always, will REP when and where possible.
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Krug for Jarry

I'd much prefer Francouz off waivers. Jarry's often inconsistent, and giving up nothing to get Francouz seems smarter.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Jarry is having a bounce back season and riding a hot team. Krug is yo yoing in to the injury list. I would do the deal for Jarry. It's not like you are giving up Makar or anything. Shesterkin and Jarry is a solid tandem.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Jarry is having a bounce back season and riding a hot team. Krug is yo yoing in to the injury list. I would do the deal for Jarry. It's not like you are giving up Makar or anything. Shesterkin and Jarry is a solid tandem.
    I agree with this, and would add that Perunovich is sniffing around his PP time. Last 3 games Perunovich has more PP% than Krug.

I don't think we can view Krug as the player who was on Boston and that makes this trade an easy one for me.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd much prefer Francouz off waivers. Jarry's often inconsistent, and giving up nothing to get Francouz seems smarter.
    Francouz has definitely been a player I've been watching and waiting for this season. Unfortunately I would have to create cap room for him so wouldn't be able to snag him for nothing. I would have to go either the route of dropping a few cheaper players/prospects or dropping Krug and adding Francouz + a budget d-man like A. Carrier, Liljegren, Merrill, etc. Being a points and +/- pool guys on strong defensive teams do have value. For example this year Krug 13P and +7=20P, Carrier 9P and +9=18P, Merrill 10P and +7=17P. So it brings in different roster strategies. Brand name can be hard to let go but by only rostering one goalie I am giving up starts and will be wasting potentially 30-40 games, thats a lot of potential points left on the table.

I have been trying to do some "guessing" when it comes to ROS points and the way I see it if Krug goes +10 the rest of the season and adds another 40 points (trying to error on the high side) I would be dropping 50 points. But if I add Francouz and even if he remains the backup to Kuemper I'll assume he gets 10 wins and 3 OTL for 23 points. Then I add in *insert name* d-man who posts a combined 20 points (G/A/+-) for a total of 43. Obviously there is nothing saying Krug wont go ape the rest of the year or end up missing more games as we go but if the worst case outcome is I lose 7-10 points that's not bad considering the upside/potential is there for Francouz to become a 1B or take over if Kuemper slips or becomes injured. Also helps me use more of my goalie starts.

As you can see I am really trying to figure out if this is the best move for me or if I am better keeping Krug and allowing Francouz to be snatched up by another team once he starts playing. Fantasy hockey, I tell you it will drive you crazy if you like to tinker and always trying to improve haha.
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.