Thread: Seider v Chabot long term Dynasty

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Seider v Chabot long term Dynasty

League and team in Sig..... 18 team h2h full dynasty, keep 30. I all ready traded all my draft picks away for next season.

Curious what people's thoughts are on Chabot v Seider long term. Right now Seider is outproducing Chabot. But I noticed Dobber still has Chabot rated well ahead of Seider in his top 120 Keeper Dmen and in 300 overall keeper skaters. So not sure really what to think beyond this year, or say in 2-3 years.

I was offered M. Tkachuk for Boeser, Nedeljkovic and Kravtsov. But I don't think I am in a position to lose Nedeljkovic as I am contending for a championship regularly and am pretty set with Shesterkin, Vas and Ned in goal. Especially with Sheisty hurt right now.

Was considering a counter with couple of deals with that team.

I get M. Tkachuk and Seider for MY Boeser, Necas, Chabot, Kravtsov (which i thought might be too much if Chabot and Seider end up on the same level).

or

I get M. Tkachuk and Seider for MY Boeser, Necas, D. Toews, Kravtsov (Which might be too little considering he's NOT contending this year)

or

I get M. Tkachuk, P. Tomasino for MY Boeser, Necas, Kravtsov.

Could also theoretically ask for Makar instead of Seider in the offer where I give up Chabot, which I think would definitely be an upgrade over Chabot. But might be too much from his perspective, giving up M. Tkachuk and Makar.

So it's basically, is Seider THAT much better than Chabot long term? I was leaning Seider, but Dobber's rankings made me think twice.

Thanks, leave a link and I will help with yours.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Seider v Chabot long term Dynasty

I like Seider better. He is already more productive at age 20. He is with a better organization. Seider will be leading an Yzerman-built team while Chabot is stuck in OTT.
    I think of him as Hedman's little brother.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Doug here, Seider is SO impressive and such a young player... his slapshot in overtime was gross the other night and it shows that he's working hard on one of his perceived weaknesses (shot).. I love Chabot but he won't be as productive until Ottawa brings in Sanderson and some more help on the back end so he doesn't have to take on 27 mins a night :P. He tends to look overworked and its showing in his lack of production!

So yeah... I think I like Seider here, especially in your format. Seider does it all and Detroit is on the way up! Edvinsson should be an awesome partner for him in the future too, imo. I don't love trading Necas but I can see why Tkachuk would be awesome in this format and I know you got to give to get. If possible I rather give D. Toews than Chabot though as I do still think Chabot has awesome points upside.

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Initiate

First
    If you think you can get Makar. I think that is worth exploring.

I think your offer of Necas, Boeser, D Toews and Kravtsov for M Tkachuck and Seider is a fair offer. I might be even tempted to try this offer without Kravtsov and see if that works.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    First

I think your offer of Necas, Boeser, D Toews and Kravtsov for M Tkachuck and Seider is a fair offer. I might be even tempted to try this offer without Kravtsov and see if that works.
    Interesting. Yea that's what I was thinking, start with Toews, if he says no, maybe then try Chabot in place of Toews. Not sure if he would be willing to move Makar and Tkachuk, but could be worht a shot.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    I agree with Doug here, Seider is SO impressive and such a young player... his slapshot in overtime was gross the other night and it shows that he's working hard on one of his perceived weaknesses (shot).. I love Chabot but he won't be as productive until Ottawa brings in Sanderson and some more help on the back end so he doesn't have to take on 27 mins a night :P. He tends to look overworked and its showing in his lack of production!

So yeah... I think I like Seider here, especially in your format. Seider does it all and Detroit is on the way up! Edvinsson should be an awesome partner for him in the future too, imo. I don't love trading Necas but I can see why Tkachuk would be awesome in this format and I know you got to give to get. If possible I rather give D. Toews than Chabot though as I do still think Chabot has awesome points upside.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. But I was also worried Edvinsson might eventually take away offensive opportunity from Seider. Like if Edvinsson's offensive potential ends up being as high or higher than Seider, that might make Seider more of a defensive role and Edvinsson a PP1 role. Which is part of why I wasn't sure if long term Seider would be a better option than Chabot. In terms of Chabot v Sanderson, I see Sanderson as more of the defensive Dman, so I don't know if Chabot will have that same competition for offensive work. Whereas I could see Edvinsson's eventual arrival, impacting Seider's offensive production more. But it might not and Seider might remain that top guy, so its a tough call.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    First

This is where I was looking as well. No sense adding Chabot if you don’t need to.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

I would try for Seider and MTK; Makar will cost you the farm, he’s like having a productive forward on your back end. Kravtsov is garbage but if you think he sweetens the deal then send it!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by toddycat View Post
    I would try for Seider and MTK; Makar will cost you the farm, he’s like having a productive forward on your back end. Kravtsov is garbage but if you think he sweetens the deal then send it!
    Garbage? How so? I agree with the rest!

But as a Ranger fan, I can honestly say, Kravtsov is still a high end prospect that the Rangers need. But unfortunately, they ruined that relationship and it's upsetting. He has a real shot at being a better offensive player than both Kakko and Laf. So I am not sure why people are down on him so much. Even the Rangers still see him as a high end prospect as evidenced by their insistence on a top 6 return, or they would have likely all ready shipped him out for a 2nd round pick or something. And he's producing in the KHL right now. I think, the situation back after preseason, put out a lot of misinformation. The "demotion" had absolutely nothing to do with lack of ability or lack of a high ceiling. And for a 21 year old kid, "bad decisions" aren't exactly abnormal. The Rangers will be looking for a legit top 6 prospect if they move him.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. But I was also worried Edvinsson might eventually take away offensive opportunity from Seider. Like if Edvinsson's offensive potential ends up being as high or higher than Seider, that might make Seider more of a defensive role and Edvinsson a PP1 role. Which is part of why I wasn't sure if long term Seider would be a better option than Chabot. In terms of Chabot v Sanderson, I see Sanderson as more of the defensive Dman, so I don't know if Chabot will have that same competition for offensive work. Whereas I could see Edvinsson's eventual arrival, impacting Seider's offensive production more. But it might not and Seider might remain that top guy, so its a tough call.
    I had that thought regarding Edvinnson as well but that might be a tall task with how good Seider looks. Sorry I should clarify, I meant that I think Sanderson will help Chabot with defensive responsibilities to allow Chabot's offence to flourish!

Weekly H2H, Points Only, Keeper League - 10 team - Keep 14 (+ 2 rookies, under 25 GP) - dress 12 F, 6 D, 2 G (Wins: 2 pts, OTL: 1 pt, SO: 1 pt) - 30 Roster max w/ 1 IR spot which opens up one roster spot.

FW: Aho, Eichel, Draisatl, Rantanen, Marchand, Matthews, Kyrou, J. Robertson, Bergeron, Duchene, Boldy, Toffoli, Kempe, Krejci, Schmaltz

D: Rielly, Heiskenen, Dobson, Drysdale, Byram, Nurse, Weegar, Matheson, Clarke

G: Andersen, Georgiev, Francouz, Kotchetkov, Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Deity

A lot to digest there in the OP. I'd take a poke at Makar if that's an option.

As far as Seider vs Chabot, both are so early in their careers on rebuilding teams, I have no idea how you can like one over the other. Both are the defacto #1 for their respective teams. Flip a coin. If you're trading one to get the other, I'd just keep what you have.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."