Thread: Trade for Kane? Ellis?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trade for Kane? Ellis?

So there's a guy near last place who is frustrated and seems to be willing to discuss any kind of trade. He has both Evander Kane and Ryan Ellis both of whom I thought made sense to target given their situations, but I'm curious if any of you have some ideas about who to target, and who I should shop from my roster (see signature)? Will provide REPs.

Guys he has that I like:

MacKinnon (obviously) (C)
    Kyle Connor (obviously) (LW)
    Burns (D)
    Ellis (D)
    O'Reilly (C)
    E. Kane (RW)

I probably wouldn't want to give up a ton for Kane, though I think he's a great lottery ticket.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Trade for Kane? Ellis?

I probably Wouldn’t trade for kane, but if available as a FA instead maybe worth a stash. Ellis should do okay once back but it is the flyers so hard to say. So maybe O Reilly or Ellis go after

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Swarley. Adding Kane as an FA? Yes. Trading for Kane? No. Still uncertain if he'll play any time soon.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Stud

Normally I'd agree with the above but seeing the $/waiver claim in your league I think actually 'trading' for E.Kane in a re-draft league is a risk well worth taking. Obviously that needs to be balanced - the trade is only valuable if you give up very little AND E.Kane returns AND plays like he can. That's a LOT of "if's" so it is really important that you don't overpay here with all the risk you'd be assuming.

I'm not sure Ellis really does much for your team in your format... other than helping with depth in a start 5D. At this point, I might just try to ride out the slow starts of Petry, Dahlin, Hronek and if one starts to come alive, see what else might available at that point. Nurse/Hamilton is a solid 1-2 punch at D. Ride Kylington and/or try to flip him for another underachiever and start praying to the regression monster for some help.

Based on your F's - I'd likely be dangling Puljujarvi as he's had a great start but I expect some inconsistency over the year for him. Find a believer/Oiler fan and make a deal for an upgrade. If that happens to be E.Kane + R.Ellis for JP + (say) Hronek... I think that's a risk worth taking in a 1-year with your cats. Anything more though I think you're absorbing the lion's share of the risk for too small of a chance at a big reward.

Good luck.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I love it, thanks! I was wondering about trading Hronek, but do you think it's better to potentially offer Kylington? From what I read, he's looking good but primed for regression. And jesus if I trade JP, I sure hope Wheeler turns it around.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko