Thread: [TRADE] Malcolm Subban to Sabres

Dobber Sports Monster

Default [TRADE] Malcolm Subban to Sabres

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: [TRADE] Malcolm Subban to Sabres

for future considerations lol

well, at least malcolm gets to play?
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good. More playing time for Arvid Soderblom in Rockford, who is still Chicago's only goalie signed for next season.

Dobber Sports Titan

That makes 4 trades in a row for the NHL that involve "Future Considerations"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

I sure love me some future consideration
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Stud

He is now the highest paid G in the Buffalo system.. $850k cap hit.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Stud

I've got ZERO to back any of this up... so this is purely a 'hunch' situation and I'm not suggesting anyone else give this a go (hell I might not even).

But something about this move is hitting alarm bells in my head about the "move" that wound up leading to Subban becoming fantasy relevant again.

On paper it seems ridiculous - a below-average tendy going into a situation with a rebuilding team with a solid pipeline of G prospects marinating (UPL, Portillo, Levi).

Yet... i dunno... something is intriguing me here. Maybe it's Subban's pedigree and the fact that BOS usually doesn't miss big on their G drafting? Some guys just thrive more on a weak D and lots of shots versus a really structured system. I mean, in that case he should have emerged with CHI last year and pretty much bombed. (Although Lank nailing his starts against DET early last season might have just been the 'circumstance' that saw Subban get overlooked again...)

Whatever. 99% chance I'm WAY off here. Just sharing my spidey sense in case there's some other poor soul out there who is contemplating picking him up in a dynasty with a deep farm or something...
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Veteran

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the whole "future considerations" actually works?

Do the teams involved reach a loose agreement or handshake agreement that "in the next few years, we'll engage in a transaction that will take at least $1M of cap space off your books", or "we'll swap picks between rounds 5-7 at some point by the 2025 draft," or some such thing to do the other team a favor at some point?

I've heard future considerations thrown around in trades for as long as I can remember. But I'm not sure I've ever heard about a subsequent transaction that was, in reality, the satisfaction of a prior "future considerations" deal.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Star

I remember in my dynasty keeper league when Malcolm Subban was available to draft, I desperately wanted to draft a goalie with my first pick as Lundqvist was starting to get a bit older. I drafted 16th in the first round and was eyeing Suban as my guy. Wouldn't ya know it? The guy drafting 15th took him. I was SO disappointed and dejectedly took what I considered to be the next best goalie available, Andrei Vasilevskiy...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I remember in my dynasty keeper league when Malcolm Subban was available to draft, I desperately wanted to draft a goalie with my first pick as Lundqvist was starting to get a bit older. I drafted 16th in the first round and was eyeing Suban as my guy. Wouldn't ya know it? The guy drafting 15th took him. I was SO disappointed and dejectedly took what I considered to be the next best goalie available, Andrei Vasilevskiy...

Rylant
    My condolences
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know how the whole "future considerations" actually works?

Do the teams involved reach a loose agreement or handshake agreement that "in the next few years, we'll engage in a transaction that will take at least $1M of cap space off your books", or "we'll swap picks between rounds 5-7 at some point by the 2025 draft," or some such thing to do the other team a favor at some point?

I've heard future considerations thrown around in trades for as long as I can remember. But I'm not sure I've ever heard about a subsequent transaction that was, in reality, the satisfaction of a prior "future considerations" deal.
    Essentially it's for nothing, but you will sometimes see things that involve them.

Baseball has had guys traded for a player to be named later who ended up being himself:
    https://www.vintagedetroit.com/major-leaguers-traded/

Subban has no pedigree worth mentioning at this point. He's an AHL goalie. They should've acquired Delia, but it's less likely that the Blackhawks would've dealt him.

Look how bad that Lehner deal was for Chicago:

Lehner was traded by the Chicago Blackhawks to the Vegas Golden Knights for 2nd round draft pick in 2020 (Drew Comesso) , Stanislav Demin and Malcolm Subban.
    Chicago needed a goalie, so they traded for Marc-Andre Fleury, and gave up Mikael Hakkarainen, who Vegas released before the 2021 season started.

Basically Lehner for a 2nd round pick, a rental of the far lesser Subban, and a Fleury to be added later.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.