Thread: Puljujarvi info

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Puljujarvi info

Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone has watched some Oilers games lately.

Seemed poised for a breakout, playing with McDavid and producing at a great pace. All of the sudden, back on line 3, playing 12 minutes a game with little PP time… to the benefit of Kassian (wtf!?!).

Everything seemed great… was he playing poorly? Bad 2-way play? Looking for insights from people who watched some games.

Probable sell high? Patience?

Thx!
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, T. Thompson, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Puljujarvi info

Tippett just wanted more depth from his 3rd line and moved Puljujarvi down and Kassian up. To be honest, he's still producing well and still getting PP time (over 2mins last night and the previous few games as well). I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. He'll be up and down the lineup at various times.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

I also have Pulju. The 'demotion' isn't great, but he will get enough exposure to McDavid and Draisaitl over the course of the year to make him a hold. Yamamoto and Kassian can click with lines for a week at a time and then go cold. with McD and Drai often staying out with the 2nd PP unit, the wealth gets spread around. There will be ups and downs with JP but for now I say hold.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

It all depends on your expectations for Puljujarvi.

Puljujarvi has some nice raw skills...he can skate, shoot, and pass reasonably well, but he's a low IQ player. I know that may sound harsh, but some players have skill but can't become elite players because they don't know how to properly use that skill. Although he is progressing nicely as an NHL player, I don't think he will ever be more than a complimentary winger,

At times this year I have seen McDavid show some frustration towards Puljujarvi. Sometimes Puljujarvi isn't in the ideal position, puts himself off-side on a McDavid rush, makes a poor decision with the puck, and McDavid will rip in to Puljujarvi on the bench.

This year, Puljujarvi will move up and down the line, and a good season for him will be 50 pts. Long-term, I don't ever see him scoring more than 65~ pts. Playing with McDavid at times will obviously inflate his numbers, so he will go on hot streaks but he won't be glued to his wing permanently.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Pro

If you can sell high on Poolparty for say a legit 60-80pt forward then you should probably do it. But being patient with him could be prudent as well as Tippet 'dropped' him to 3rd line to see if he can be a line driver in his own right. He is more or less a proven top 6 player but the Oiler coaching staff is trying to determine how flexible of a player he can really be.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I’m an oilers fan and watched the press conference with Tippett when he was asked about it. Basically he said that they believe Jesse is a good enough player to be his own line driver, so they wanted to test out playing him on the 3rd line where he could drive the line and not a secondary player with McDavid or Draisaitl. The idea was to have a new look at a more balanced attack overall.

I wouldn’t look at it as a demotion, they are just tinkering around with their depth and team game. He’s still their best right winger

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He was moved back up to the top line in the 3rd period last game, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Puljujarvi played with Draisaitl and RNH to start last game so he's already back off the 3rd line. He's the Oilers 4th best forward (yes, he's better than Hyman) and he will produce this season. He's still splitting time with Hyman on PP1 and they both look good in that spot (I mean, anyone would look good in that spot...it was the #1 PP in the league with Chiasson and Neal there).

Puljujarvi practiced with McDavid and Hyman today so that's where he will likely start the Sunday game against LA.

Now's the time to acquire Puljujarvi as he's cooled off a bit.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Awesome! Just what I was looking for in terms of information! Thx a lot!