Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pastrnak for Miller+Wilson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pastrnak for Miller+Wilson

First league in signature. Categories in signature. As it is a keep 7, I am looking to upgrade my keepers. Is JT Miller and Tom Wilson too much for Pastrnak? He also said that the combos of Miller/Josi or Wilson/Josi could be options. Are any of these deals worth it? If so, which one?
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR
    G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, SV%, SV, SO

F: Marchand, JT Miller, Zibanejad, Robertson, E. Kane
    D: Josi, Fox, Bouchard
    G: Shesterkin

12 Team Modified Keep 4. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1U, 2G, 4 Bench, 2IR
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, H, B, W, GAA, SV%, SO

F: Matthews, M. Tkachuk
    D: Makar

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Pastrnak for Miller+Wilson

Dang, I think that would be a steal of a deal for you! Especially in a Keep 7.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Novice

Either of them for Pastrnak is a quality haul.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Pastrnak is a slight upgrade on Miller, so that's not bad, if you can part with Wilson and be okay this year. I'd want to keep Josi.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I REALLY like this for you.

Based on your format, and your current squad, you're dealing from strength/depth to consolidate talent. That's an ideal scenario in a keep 7.

Josi/Miller is a high price to pay for sure - but I think you've got the depth that this will be worth it for you. Good luck.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Initiate

Smash the yes button!! Pastrnak is a top tier player

Dobber Sports Star

Especially good for you if Kane plays this year. I'd prefer to hang on to Josi if possible. The only downside is, that's a lot of banger cats you're giving away if Kane doesn't play.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Especially good for you if Kane plays this year. I'd prefer to hang on to Josi if possible. The only downside is, that's a lot of banger cats you're giving away if Kane doesn't play.
    This addresses my one concern. Yes, Pasta is an excellent add, however, you are giving up a significant amount in the banger cats, how will this affect your team overall in the standings? Counting on E Kane is a bit risky to say the least. If you are in contention this year I'd be crunching the numbers big time and seeing what this actually does for your team overall. If you are truly in contention this year, then this deal could actually put a championship at risk and you might not want to do that. If your not in contention then yes, by all means you make this deal.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This addresses my one concern. Yes, Pasta is an excellent add, however, you are giving up a significant amount in the banger cats, how will this affect your team overall in the standings? Counting on E Kane is a bit risky to say the least. If you are in contention this year I'd be crunching the numbers big time and seeing what this actually does for your team overall. If you are truly in contention this year, then this deal could actually put a championship at risk and you might not want to do that. If your not in contention then yes, by all means you make this deal.
    This is some good advice, obviously pasta is the best player in deal but has to work for your team

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As you have a lot of D (8 players for 4 spots vs 10 players for 7 spots at forward) I might include Josi (you still have McAcoy and Fox) and see if you can get the other manager to add in someone that might offset the multi-cat losses here (or just find it on the wire).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thank you everyone for the feedback. After days of negotiating, the other GM got cold feet and completely backed out of a players for Pasta deal. He is now looking for picks (a lot of them) for Pasta so it's back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This addresses my one concern. Yes, Pasta is an excellent add, however, you are giving up a significant amount in the banger cats, how will this affect your team overall in the standings? Counting on E Kane is a bit risky to say the least.
    This was my reasoning for making the post. Sure getting the best player is always nice, but being a categories league, losing out on pims/hits/blocks just to score a few more goals, may be detrimental for the rest of the season. Kane returning would be HUGE to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    As you have a lot of D (8 players for 4 spots vs 10 players for 7 spots at forward) I might include Josi (you still have McAcoy and Fox) and see if you can get the other manager to add in someone that might offset the multi-cat losses here (or just find it on the wire).
    I did notice how many D I had (also thought it was unnecessary), so I went to work and picked Robertson off waivers, while moving for Ehlers and Bjorkstrand. I guess I can hope that one of the three turns into a poor man's Pastrnak!

Rep given where possible.
    10 Team Keep 70 Total. Currently 9 Keeper spots. League Established 2012. Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench,4IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

News has gotten out that I am willing to move some larger names. A GM that has a very shallow team asked how I feel about Brady Tkachuk for Wilson+Fox+1st rounder. As of right now I can only keep 7 of the following (Ovechkin, Marchand, Wilson, Miller, Josi, Fox, McAvoy, Kane, Zibanejad, Debcrinat, Lehner). I also have Perron and DeAngelo on IR so I will need to drop at least two guys on my roster when they return.

I feel like Brady is a top 5 player with my league categories. Is the above offer giving up too much? I was wondering if I should try flipping Fox and Miller and offering Wilson+Miller+(a pick lower than a 1st)... Always stressful when you're dealing with the big guns!

Will rep replies.

Dobber Sports Ace

That GM is selling low on Pasta if trying to move him right now... Pasta is crazy snake bitten
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan7 View Post
    First league in signature. Categories in signature. As it is a keep 7, I am looking to upgrade my keepers. Is JT Miller and Tom Wilson too much for Pastrnak? He also said that the combos of Miller/Josi or Wilson/Josi could be options. Are any of these deals worth it? If so, which one?
    In a league like that with those peripherals I am not sure I would be trying to move Miller. All though without FW, I am not sure exactly how productive Miller is in comparison to Pasta and Wilson.

Wilson however, I would be trying to move as I doubt he will repeat this kind of season or even come close really. He's absolutely having a career year. But really, how much better does Pasta produce in a league with those cats? And honestly, last season and now this season, Pasta's production has been on a steady decline. Yes, he's a PPG player. But I think he's still riding on his 95 point season in 70 games from the 19-20 season and I am not sure he will ever quite match those numbers again. And seeing as how he doesn't really add much in the way of peripherals, he's actually a guy I am personally looking to sell where I can. But obviously for only the elite of the elite. But if I could get a seasonally consistent PPG player that also adds hits, for Pasta, I would be doing that every time. Points only leagues a different story. But someone like say Svechnikov in leagues like that interest me more. M. Tkachuk maybe. But then, in multi-cat leagues, I am not big on guys who aren't really multicat producers. Meaning guys who just produce G/A/PPP. Because you can get a guy that has near that production and hits, while maybe taking a minor hit in offensive production.

However, if you think you can get Pasta and then turn him around for a player like Draisatl or something, then I would consider that. Don't underestimate Wilson's value this season in leagues with HIT's. Owners are salivating at production that I think will be fleeting.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan7 View Post
    News has gotten out that I am willing to move some larger names. A GM that has a very shallow team asked how I feel about Brady Tkachuk for Wilson+Fox+1st rounder. As of right now I can only keep 7 of the following (Ovechkin, Marchand, Wilson, Miller, Josi, Fox, McAvoy, Kane, Zibanejad, Debcrinat, Lehner). I also have Perron and DeAngelo on IR so I will need to drop at least two guys on my roster when they return.

I feel like Brady is a top 5 player with my league categories. Is the above offer giving up too much? I was wondering if I should try flipping Fox and Miller and offering Wilson+Miller+(a pick lower than a 1st)... Always stressful when you're dealing with the big guns!

Will rep replies.
    Trading Fox is a bad idea. I think Miller is likely a solid keeper, so I'd look at Wilson & McAvoy.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.