Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I don't think you do either. Vaccine does nothing to prevent mutation off someone sick with covid.
    The mutation off a vaccinated person would also have a higher ceiling of deadliness due to the virus needing to be stronger in the first case to infect the vaccinated person.
    I’m not getting overly involved in this thread, but at least you are spitting facts on some people that learned their sCiEnCe on TV.

Dobber Sports Master

What the heck is a higher ceiling of deadliness?....

Vaccination is proven to be helpful. It is the best defence we collectively have against the virus, if we are to conduct normal life once more with the least possible human casualties. This is why there are vaccine mandates globally.

This is not deniable.

It is the same of other viruses which we have successfully eradicated or significantly mitigated (Tuberculosis, Polio, Measles, etc.).

We must do the same here to have the same rates of success.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    What the heck is a higher ceiling of deadliness?....

Vaccination is proven to be helpful. It is the best defence we collectively have against the virus, if we are to conduct normal life once more with the least possible human casualties. This is why there are vaccine mandates globally.

This is not deniable.

It is the same of other viruses which we have successfully eradicated or significantly mitigated (Tuberculosis, Polio, Measles, etc.).

We must do the same here to have the same rates of success.
    Agreed. though in Merica its a gonna be a battle for mandates... I truly believe that we should mandate proof of vaccination in order to fly domestically in USA. I believe that is what Canada did (?) and it seems to have worked.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Agreed. though in Merica its a gonna be a battle for mandates... I truly believe that we should mandate proof of vaccination in order to fly domestically in USA. I believe that is what Canada did (?) and it seems to have worked.
    That's correct, which is why Mr. Bertuzzi is not allowed here. It is not perfect, but it is mightily effective. I am sure it is coming in the USA.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

That's correct, which is why Mr. Bertuzzi is not allowed here. It is not perfect, but it is mightily effective. I am sure it is coming in the USA.
    i am very doubtful on that. hope so but lost faith in my government to do the right thing. Heck the Supreme Court is about to strip Roe V Wade down to nothing.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Sage

I like using fantasy hockey terms... maybe potency is better word.

Negative. We missed our best defense. It's not even our best defense now... it's just the easiest / money making one (just costs the taxpayer).
    Governments dropped the ball and now they are trying to hide the fact by making it look like they aren't.

You want a back to normal life with the least possible human casualties? Vaccine is mediocre effective at best. Covid isn't going away.

FWIW They should have shutdown air travel years ago. Half ass measures produce half ass results.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "I don't care about anyone but myself including friends and family"

Thank you for saying the quiet part out loud, at least you own it.
    Its a two way street but only I need to comply with what makes you safer? Keep trolling troll.

Dobber Sports Stud

Negative. We missed our best defense. It's not even our best defense now... it's just the easiest / money making one (just costs the taxpayer).
    Governments dropped the ball and now they are trying to hide the fact by making it look like they aren't.

You want a back to normal life with the least possible human casualties? Vaccine is mediocre effective at best. Covid isn't going away.

FWIW They should have shutdown air travel years ago. Half ass measures produce half ass results.
    What is our best defense now if not the vaccine?

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Veteran

But they aren't allowed to......

You will have to deal with me being more infectious than you.

I'd rather not have to. Luckily, much of Canada and its institutions and establishments has made that decision for both of us.
    Lets not even go there because that is another ****ing travesty that no one should be applauding. Unless you like living in a dictatorship.

Dobber Sports Master

This is incorrect. While I agree that some measures have been late and many politicized, vaccination remains the best defense. As it has been with other lethal infectious diseases, like the ones I named. It is why we vaccinate children against them within the first few years of life. The vaccines are effective and will continue to be developed in order to improve their efficiency. It's a race against the virus and vaccines are like a turbo jet for that race.

I have come to understand some people's fears with regards to the speed at which THIS vaccine was developed.. But those fears should dissipate as more and more evidence mounts against any feared side effects.

There is a reason vaccine mandates exist and it is not to make money. It is to save lives.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    What is our best defense now if not the vaccine?
    1-do nothing. Nothing at all. Let the virus do what it wants and we pick up the pieces
    2- piss around with trying to beat it which we cant - current approach
    3- shut down the world for 30 days. Complete shut down. With time to prepare it would go ok. Yes people will die in their homes, this already happens though.

Masks, distance and good hygeine are the best and least intrusive methods. The vaccine gives a false sense of protection. There is some, not denying that, but when the masks come off and people star mingling all hell breaks loose, vaccines or not.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    1-do nothing. Nothing at all. Let the virus do what it wants and we pick up the pieces
    2- piss around with trying to beat it which we cant - current approach
    3- shut down the world for 30 days. Complete shut down. With time to prepare it would go ok. Yes people will die in their homes, this already happens though.

Masks, distance and good hygeine are the best and least intrusive methods. The vaccine gives a false sense of protection. There is some, not denying that, but when the masks come off and people star mingling all hell breaks loose, vaccines or not.

Why not masks + distance + good hygiene + vaccines?

Doesn't that sound really good?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ginfizz View Post
    what is our best defense now if not the vaccine?

BH.jpg
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

Why not masks + distance + good hygiene + vaccines?

Doesn't that sound really good?
    Clearly not to everyone no. As I said people get vaxxes and then think their commitment to reducing spread is completed. I see it every day. But it isnt. We are focused on reducing transmission and symptoms. The vaccine is helpful in reducing spread by lowering viral load (also what reduces symptoms) but that can be counter productive since people could be less likely to know they are carrying and can spread without knowledge. Masks etc are the best way to stop this. I dont think the vaccine is helping with that all things considered.

Dobber Sports Master

But vaccines plus everything you mention all but eliminates the viral load.

That’s the point of this.