Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi in Covid protocol

What if one of your family members chose not to get vaccinated? Or someone really really close to you? Would you wish the same on them?

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Delta is because of the unavaccinated....

Omicron is because of the unvaccinated....

The next one is because of the unvaccinated....

It is not a personal choice. It is not an individual choice.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    There's a ton of things that help limit the spread. Not going out to public establishments being one of them. Having stricter protocols! Such as what un-vaccinated players follow.

He's following the procedures in place that has been deemed reasonable and necessary.

Had he done anything to break procedures and protocols than ya **** him, but he hasn't (to our knowledge).
    The fact that you are even trying to justify your wish for ill will on him just shows how much of a ****ing piece of shit you are!
    I’m not giving this guy the benefit of the doubt for one second and I find his choice selfish. Choosing to not be vaccinated for reasons entirely within your control needlessly helps prolong this pandemic and does put others at risk.

Of course many measures limit the spread of the illness, but vaccination (outside of locking yourself in a box, which he isn’t doing) is chief among them.

So the person who doesn’t think of others in this scenario and needlessly prolongs this thing on account of a non medically (or religiously) justified choice is the real piece of shit, as you put it.

Covid isn’t likely to kill him, but it has and is likely to kill many many people. Anyone who doesn’t think of that when they think about their vaccine choice…and doesn’t think of those consequences beyond themselves, well that’s who he is, and that’s for whom I have no sympathy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    What if one of your family members chose not to get vaccinated? Or someone really really close to you? Would you wish the same on them?
    My 18 year old daughter deals with depression and anxiety. It's been a recent thing since COVID has come out. She's tried various meds to help her there and they really messed her up. She's terrified to put ANYTHING in her body for medication these days, including the COVID vaccine. I can appreciate her intrepidation but I dont agree with it. To me, its selfish but that's my opinion on the subject. I get the nervousness but you have to think of others and not just of yourself.

She lives with her mother (I've been divorced for years) but she refuses to get vaccinated. I dont like it at all, and no I dont wish anything bad for her, but that being said, she is not going to be coming to her Grandmothers house when I go there for Christmas dinner this year. My mother (her grandmother) is her only living grandparent and is 75 years of age. I refuse to have my daughter there as a risk to my mother because she refuses to get vaccinated. Im not sure I'll even want to spend Christmas with her at this point for my own concerns.

Does that answer your question?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I’m not giving this guy the benefit of the doubt for one second and I find his choice selfish. Choosing to not be vaccinated for reasons entirely within your control needlessly helps prolong this pandemic and does put others at risk.

Of course many measures limit the spread of the illness, but vaccination (outside of locking yourself in a box, which he isn’t doing) is chief among them.

So the person who doesn’t think of others in this scenario and needlessly prolongs this thing on account of a non medically (or religiously) justified choice is the real piece of shit, as you put it.

Covid isn’t likely to kill him, but it has and is likely to kill many many people. Anyone who doesn’t think of that when they think about their vaccine choice…and doesn’t think of those consequences beyond themselves, well that’s who he is, and that’s for whom I have no sympathy.
    If you're talking about limiting the spread within the NHL environment. I would feel less at risk of contracting covid on a team of unvaccinated following current protocol, then a team of vaccinated follow current protocol.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My 18 year old daughter deals with depression and anxiety. It's been a recent thing since COVID has come out. She's tried various meds to help her there and they really messed her up. She's terrified to put ANYTHING in her body for medication these days, including the COVID vaccine. I can appreciate her intrepidation but I dont agree with it. To me, its selfish but that's my opinion on the subject. I get the nervousness but you have to think of others and not just of yourself.

She lives with her mother (I've been divorced for years) but she refuses to get vaccinated. I dont like it at all, and no I dont wish anything bad for her, but that being said, she is not going to be coming to her Grandmothers house when I go there for Christmas dinner this year. My mother (her grandmother) is her only living grandparent and is 75 years of age. I refuse to have my daughter there as a risk to my mother because she refuses to get vaccinated. Im not sure I'll even want to spend Christmas with her at this point for my own concerns.

Yes, but i highly doubt you wish ill will on Bertuzzi cause of his choice. you may not agree with it but wishing the worst..?? Agentzero sounds like he does.
    in your scenario Bertuzzi wouldnt come to grandmas house for Christmas. Im with you there

im fully vaccinated with the booster. Liberal as all hell...

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Master

Invictus, I’m talking about spreading it globally. This guy’s life does not begin and end at the rink. This guy can give it to anyone and it bothers me he won’t do everything in his power to stop that. To me that’s selfish and it’s dangerous for the next person he’s infected.

I notice you retracted your insult in your post, glad you did.

I don’t want anyone to die from this. Don’t want him to either. But he ain’t thinking about anyone but himself and in a global pandemic I got a real problem with that.

Dobber Sports Stud

I have no sympathy and I hope it sucks as much as it can for this joker.
    FWIW, this implies you do wish him the worst which is death.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

If Gallagher (I dont have any Oilers to use) was your son would you have him over? He's vaccinated...
    If your worried about someone getting covid, don't have anyone over to see her - vaccinate or not!

"Im not sure I'll even want to spend Christmas with her at this point for my own concerns."
    I'm sure that won't help your daughters depression and anxiety either...

Rock / Hard place
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Delta is because of the unavaccinated....

Omicron is because of the unvaccinated....

It is not a personal choice. It is not an individual choice.
    We are at what 43% fully vaccinated world wide? I could be wrong with that number but we have a long long way to go before its eradicated if it ever will.

Maine Moose 2021-2022

Dobber Sports Padawan

If the choice was limited to one’s own health only, I would have no issue with individuals choosing not to be vaccinated.

But because vaccination helps limit the spread of the illness, then it’s also about directly impacting the health of others.

Not being able to take the vaccine or wear masks for medical or physiological reasons is one thing, but a selfish choice? That’s another.

That is my single and only problem with it. So if God forbid this guy ends up on a ventilator, what are the doctors supposed to say? Or God forbid he contributes to others going on ventilators.. (which by being willingly unvaccinated he is doing) or worse, he takes up a ventilator or hospital resource from someone much more vulnerable, with far less resources at his or her disposal…

Yeah, I got a problem with that. So I have no sympathy for someone like this.
    EXACTLY! Bertuzzi is a spoiled selfish brat who does not care the slightest bit about the health and well being of anybody.
    I feel that way about anyone who won't vaccinate with the exception of people with medical issues.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thank you. You know, it’s not like his selfish choice is not putting other humans at much greater risk. So, who is more human?

Ya I don’t think so. It’s his choice to live with the full consequences of the illness, and also to increase his chances of passing it to others.

So um…… what?
    That is my point though. Maybe he is being very diligent with his hygiene, mask wearing etc to limit contact with and potential exposure to others. We don't know. All we know is that he is one of many NHL players who is and have been in covid protocol for one reason or another.

Who is the selfish one? The people want OTHERS to get vaccinated or people do not want the vaccine? I think YOU are being selfish to ask ME to get vaccinated for YOUR comfort.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    FWIW, this implies you do wish him the worst which is death.
    Take it easy. If you’ve known me on here for over 12 years you know I’m not like that. Should I have written “short of death or a ventilator”.. to specify?

Let’s not go overboard.

I will maintain my point: he is putting others at risk and prolonging the pandemic by not getting vaccinated. That is selfish. I have a problem with it. If he suffers consequences as a result, then there should be little sympathy (he certainly should ask for it). My problem is the fact that he is contributing to unknowingly continuing to infect or expose others to infection, not doing what he can to stop this virus and others are likely to live the harsh consequences of that.

Canada has already taken a stance on his choice, he ain’t allowed here. For those exact reasons.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    That is my point though. Maybe he is being very diligent with his hygiene, mask wearing etc to limit contact with and potential exposure to others. We don't know. All we know is that he is one of many NHL players who is and have been in covid protocol for one reason or another.

Who is the selfish one? The people want OTHERS to get vaccinated or people do not want the vaccine? I think YOU are being selfish to ask ME to get vaccinated for YOUR comfort.
    For My comfort….? How about, for my life, and the lives of everyone around us?

Yeah I have no problem asking you to get vaccinated for those reasons and no it’s not selfish. It’s considerate.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    EXACTLY! Bertuzzi is a spoiled selfish brat who does not care the slightest bit about the health and well being of anybody.
    I feel that way about anyone who won't vaccinate with the exception of people with medical issues.
    Again, another "make life better for me me me" person.

You have NO IDEA if a person who doesnt want the vaccine is behaving in a way which increases risk to others. Being vaccinated is only one way to help reduce spread. No one crapping on other vaccinated players that got sick and spread it even though they could have been acting in a risky way.